2013 FJR Pricing Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it took almost 100 posts, but I knew, eventually, this thread would end up like so many others. Either gay sex or bestiality.

They always do.
Actually Dan we usually hit gay sex and bestiality in about 50 posts, I've no idea why it took so damn long in this thread! Unbelievable! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it took almost 100 posts, but I knew, eventually, this thread would end up like so many others. Either gay sex or bestiality.

They always do.
Actually Dan we usually hit gay sex and bestiality in about 50 posts, I've no idea why it took so damn long in this thread! Unbelievable! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Yeah I know. Maybe there IS some civility in you guys!!! hahahah

(or not)

BTW nice price on your Gen3 Don. About $1k less total than what I got mine for from them. Grats :)

Well, I've asked for a few quotes via CycleTrader, and have gotten 3 responses. Ones in Ga. and NC. have both quoted approx. $14,600 not including tax/tag/title, but including dealer fees. One closer to home (60 miles) quoted $16,450 including fees, but not t/t/t also. The one closer to home seems to be the norm, offering full retail pricing. Basically, it's a no-brainer, which means flying into somewhere and picking it up and driving home. That doesn't bother me, as it will allow me some time to get to know the bike. I've seen that D&H also offers competitive deals, and that some here have used them. I didn't find an email address to ask for a quote, so i assume it is usually done by phone. Does D&H offer their pricing to the general inquiry, or is that for return customers or long term members of this forum?
I have also been calling around to see if I could pick one up now within a reasonable driving distance (I put one on order a month ago locally for $14,601 +TTL but the dealer says February). I live in Houston so I talked to a dealer in Austin that was listed on Cycle Trader and he wanted MSRP + $554 freight/prep + TTL = $16,444 + TTL (maybe same one you talked to?). Not worth an extra $1,954 (including 6% tax) to get the bike 2 months earlier. I'm just ticked that my local dealer didn't place any advance orders even though they knew I wanted one so now I have to wait until February. A friend of mine that bought an '06 from D&H talked to Jerold for me and they don't have any either and don't know when they will get any more in. Looks like everyone is waiting for the next batch in February.

So block II is coming in february, you say. I bet they will have all the bugs fixed out of that block. Probably will have the cruise control fixed and the mirror mounts smoothed out for farkle installations. Sometimes engineers change their minds and go back to tried and true designs on same year models.

Well, I've asked for a few quotes via CycleTrader, and have gotten 3 responses. Ones in Ga. and NC. have both quoted approx. $14,600 not including tax/tag/title, but including dealer fees. One closer to home (60 miles) quoted $16,450 including fees, but not t/t/t also. The one closer to home seems to be the norm, offering full retail pricing. Basically, it's a no-brainer, which means flying into somewhere and picking it up and driving home. That doesn't bother me, as it will allow me some time to get to know the bike. I've seen that D&H also offers competitive deals, and that some here have used them. I didn't find an email address to ask for a quote, so i assume it is usually done by phone. Does D&H offer their pricing to the general inquiry, or is that for return customers or long term members of this forum?
I have also been calling around to see if I could pick one up now within a reasonable driving distance (I put one on order a month ago locally for $14,601 +TTL but the dealer says February). I live in Houston so I talked to a dealer in Austin that was listed on Cycle Trader and he wanted MSRP + $554 freight/prep + TTL = $16,444 + TTL (maybe same one you talked to?). Not worth an extra $1,954 (including 6% tax) to get the bike 2 months earlier. I'm just ticked that my local dealer didn't place any advance orders even though they knew I wanted one so now I have to wait until February. A friend of mine that bought an '06 from D&H talked to Jerold for me and they don't have any either and don't know when they will get any more in. Looks like everyone is waiting for the next batch in February.
Not the same one, I live in Fla, but same result.

I did go into a dealership about 30 miles from home, and they had one on the floor (first look), so I said let's talk numbers. Initially he started with the calculator adding it all up, including t/t/t and came up with $18,xxx. I told him I was getting quotes (which I am) and said we needed to work those numbers. So, I'm going to call back and see what him and his manager come up with. Hopefully it's in the ballpark of $14,500. The salesman passed me to the finance manager to talk about the Y.E.S. contract I asked about. This was the breakdown:

1yr= $440+tax

2yr= $540+tax

3yr= $620+tax

4yr= $690+tax

He mentioned that Fla treats it as insurance, and that all Fla dealerships will quote the same prices. I believe Howie pointed this out earlier. So if I can save on the MSRP, I'll get the 4yr Y.E.S., crossing my fingers!

Well, as an update, I received a call back from Barney's of Brandon left on my home answering machine. After discussing my quotes, from two dealers in Georgia and North Carolina, with his GM, he told me those were really good deals and I should buy it from them. The quotes I got were for $14,890 and $14,619. No offer from Barney's, just good luck.

So today I go to the dealership about 15 minutes from my home. They have a 2013.........but........it was damaged in shipping. The right side fairing had some scratches and the right muffler had what looked like a shoe scruff mark. They filed a claim with Yamaha and are awaiting parts. I asked if they would deal on price, not rebate crap, but price. He asked what I was looking at spending, so I said "$15,000". His reply was "out the door?", "yes" I said. So to the desk we go. He hands it off to someone else, who goes into another room. 10 minutes or so pass, and the 2nd guy says "it's good!". The contract says $14,699 + $299 (dealer fees) + $690 (4yr Y.E.S.) + $1186.86 (T/T/T) for grand total of $16,874.86.

So I left the dealership, after giving them a $500 deposit. The rest will come after the parts are replaced and I can inspect the bike. Not sure how long this is going to take, but it will at least give me time to get some gear together, since I've been away for so long. Wish me luck and that all goes well!

BTW....JYARP24E5DA000057

Sky Power Sports in Lakeland, Florida gave someone a deal????

They must be goin' outta business!!
Yeah! I'm as shocked as you are! I really felt they were going to hem and haw about how $150 off was the best they can do, so I was floored! BTW, nobody in FLA seems to want to deal. I've tried, and they all seem to think MSRP is a deal.

So when Sky said ok....I was floored, especially since I've been looking across the southeastern states for a deal.

I'd seriously wait til they fixed the bugs on one before I bought. Sounds like they are trying to get rid of them now since they've been told that the next block will have no "issues" to speak of.....

jes' sayin'.

I'd seriously wait til they fixed the bugs on one before I bought. Sounds like they are trying to get rid of them now since they've been told that the next block will have no "issues" to speak of.....

I'm pretty doggone picky and I don't see any issues beyond the goofy 82 mph cruise control.

Well, I finally got to see one in person today. A dealer in far west Houston (actually Katy, Texas) had one advertised on CycleTrader so I went by to see if they would make me a deal (I already have one on order that will be here in February at another Houston dealer for a 10% discount plus $300 freight and prep, or $14,600 plus TTL, but I'm not obligated to take it). The best they would do is a 2% discount plus $600 freight and prep, or $16,170 plus TTL, so I passed. Just not worth the extra cash to get one a month or so earlier.

The color is a lot different in person than any pictures I've seen so far. The gray is a lot darker and has a slight greenish tint. Would not have been my first choice if there were any choices, but I still want one.

Just heard that s/n's 348 and above will have no limit to cruise control. They'll be asking full price for those block II fjrs, I imagine.

Another update:

I got a call from the dealership telling me that they are receiving another 2013, and that I could have that one instead of the one that was damaged in shipping. I'm going to go that route, as I don't think it will be as long of a wait for the parts to come in for the first one. Don't know the vin#, but that doesn't really matter to me that much. I would really like to have it before the end of the year ( fingers crossed ).

Just heard that s/n's 348 and above will have no limit to cruise control. They'll be asking full price for those block II fjrs, I imagine.
That's nice the hear. Is this a reliable source?
Dude...It's Odot fucking with people. As far as reliability of the source; do you remember when Oldsmobile put a diesel engine in the '80s model 88's? If not, there's a reason. They were flaming pieces of shit...Just like Odot's information.

NEVER, and I mean NEVER believe anything that seal beater says. Especially if it's gonna cost you money!

Got an opportunity to ride with little fish and his brand spanking new FJR. How amazing!!!!

... and the bike was pretty cool too!!!!!

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
That's nice to hear. Is this a reliable source?
Dude...It's Odot fucking with people. As far as reliability of the source; do you remember when Oldsmobile put a diesel engine in the '80s model 88's? If not, there's a reason. They were flaming pieces of shit...Just like Odot's information.

NEVER, and I mean NEVER believe anything that seal beater says. Especially if it's gonna cost you money!
Oh this is really rich, a New Mexican that screws Armadillos coming down hard on an Eskimo who just happens to club baby seals to death. Live and let live, I always say!