2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . .cruise controlled speed is limited to 80 mph on the speedometer--which probably means 75 mph by GPS. . .
It's limited at an actual 80mph, something like 82 indicated. I think it was Warchild who confirmed this one for us.

I wish the 80 MPH cruise limit was a problem for me. In Indiana, I can run 75 all day on the interstate. At 80 it's ticket city.

You guys out West must really haul ass :dribble:

I wish the 80 MPH cruise limit was a problem for me. In Indiana, I can run 75 all day on the interstate. At 80 it's ticket city.

You guys out West must really be complete asses. :dribble:
Yeah...and those talking about the 80mph cruise control ceiling being "deal-breakers" are a real "Half-empty", "tempest in a teapot" bunch, too.

And calling it a defect??? Coming from a Gen II pilot, THAT'S a laugh-and-a-half!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep 80 is correct, you will find the speedo is very very accurate....

I agree with everything except the drive modes, i actually like the touring mode especially for lane sharing (oh right you cant do that) i also find that it mellows me out a bit..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

as far as the seat goes I hate it....my Russell is being built today ye ha....

R

I agree with everything except the drive modes, i actually like the touring mode especially for lane sharing (oh right you cant do that) i also find that it mellows me out a bit..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

R
Can you explain how it helps with lane splitting?

R
Not really, maybe it just slows me down a bit.......I did figure out that if you want ALOT more just go past a 1/4 turn and it is all there.

RH WTF was that?

R

R
Not really, maybe it just slows me down a bit.......I did figure out that if you want ALOT more just go past a 1/4 turn and it is all there.

RH WTF was that?

R
I ass-u-med you were being a little tongue-in-cheek about lane splitting...as in "(oh right you cant do that)"

I took it as a sort-of backhand slap.

R

I thought you had a Russell seat already, as shown in your '13 FJR thread.. Does your Gen II seat not fit Gen III?

RDL seats are second to none in day long comfort.

I HAD a RDL but it was not made for me so this time around i decided i would sell it and get one that is made for me so right now (Just spoke with Kim at Russell) they are in the process of building me a seat.

R

R

I thought you had a Russell seat already, as shown in your '13 FJR thread.. Does your Gen II seat not fit Gen III?
His first Russell was made for a skinny lad. If you know Richard, then you know that would not have been an ideal build for him. Nope. Notta. Not even close!

:)

R

His first Russell was made for a skinny lad. If you know Richard, then you know that would not have been an ideal build for him. Nope. Notta. Not even close!

So Skoot...how much did you give him for it?????

(being the svelte little meerkat that you are!)

meerkat-image-18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

R

So Skoot...how much did you give him for it?????

(being the svelte little meerkat that you are!)

meerkat-image-18.jpg
That's too funny. You guys crack me up :lol:

Can we start a list of new accessories for the 13 model?

I'm looking for a compatible taller windshield and frame sliders... Anyone find any yet?

Please list others as well.

For reference, the ASV levers fit fine on my FJR, and I love them!

Yep 80 is correct, you will find the speedo is very very accurate....

I agree with everything except the drive modes, i actually like the touring mode
Me too. Although I think they're labeled wrong.
What is called "T" for "Touring" should be "S" for "Smooth"- it just kind of gets there.

What is called "S" for "Sport" should be "T" for "TICKETS!".

Yes, that's authoritative. At least as of 17.3 miles. Don't ask how- I have no answers. I went out to LOOK at a bike, and the next thing I knew I was home with a sappy grin on my face, shuffling the garage around to make room for #14.

Confused- if they're making it for you, shouldn't you be there?

I can't find where the dealer left the little body colored covers for the mounting points of where the bags hang when the bags aren't on the bike. Do they still provide those like they did on my '04?