2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to be there for them to build the seat, you send then pictures and apparently they know what they are doing...

The bag hole covers should be in a little bag with the third lock and the owners manual.

R

meerkat-image-18.jpg

Thats not Skooter the ears ain't big enough.... :yahoo: :yahoo:

R
Richard is indeed correct, in the animal kingdom SkootyG's ears would really be much closer to these:

elephant-ears1.jpg

Regrettably, I can't tell if some of the comments about the 80 mph cruise control limit are serious comments or meant as comedy. My comments are serious.

I have a Rostra electronic CC on my GenII. I routinely cruise the interstates at speeds generally 10% above he speed limit, by GPS. So in a 75 mph zone, I cruise at 83 mph. There are times when the flow of traffic is faster than 10% above the limit; at those times, I stay with the flow. It's on the interstates when I use the CC most of the time. So limiting my CC speed to 80 mph is a serious setback for me--given that I can travel at the higher speed, with CC, now.

If I am looking at this matter the wrong way, please set me straight--but save the comedy for some other day, please. I had my heart set on getting a 2013 FJR 1300--but I don't want to buy an FJR that has the road performance of my Weestrom.

Howard

Howard,

The 80mph CC limit in USA has been stated a number of times...

...I seriously doubt that the FJR has the performance of a Wee-Strom. Get off the interstates...you'll enjoy the journey more anyways.

wheaton (105k miles and counting on an FJR without a throttle lock or CC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard,

The 80mph CC limit in USA has been stated a number of times...

...I seriously doubt that the FJR has the performance of a Wee-Strom. Get off the interstates...you'll enjoy the journey more anyways.

wheaton (105k miles and counting on an FJR without a throttle lock or CC)
+1, Gunny; In Reply #1043 Fairlaner clearly stated the Cruise Control Limit is 80mph, Richard knows the FJR better than anyone and if 'R' said it: Then this is what it is!

Yep 80 is correct, you will find the speedo is very very accurate….

Sounds like they will be selling throttle locks alongside the 2013 models. Sheesh....yamaha.....anyway they can make a buck.

You don't need to be there for them to build the seat, you send then pictures and apparently they know what they are doing...

The bag hole covers should be in a little bag with the third lock and the owners manual.

R

Wait... so you send them ass pictures? Clothed or unclothed? Clenched? Bend over and spread 'em?

:blink:

Get off the interstates...you'll enjoy the journey more anyways.
Depends on where you live. Here in north Texas, off the interstate is just as not interesting as on the interstate. The interstate offers high speed access to places where we like to get off the interstate and explore, like Arkansas, New Mexico and Colorado.

Just (mostly) giving you a bad time.
That's where mine were. Bag liners still come with it, too.

Get off the interstates...you'll enjoy the journey more anyways.
Depends on where you live. Here in north Texas, off the interstate is just as not interesting as on the interstate. The interstate offers high speed access to places where we like to get off the interstate and explore, like Arkansas, New Mexico and Colorado.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID!

Any thoughts or news on a service manual? I should think this is different enough, in enough different ways, that my Gen I + ABS Supplement manual aren't entirely useful.

Any thoughts or news on a service manual? I should think this is different enough, in enough different ways, that my Gen I + ABS Supplement manual aren't entirely useful.
About the only way the Gen I manuals are relevant is some engine stuff. Just about everything else, including the ABS is different. It's definitely time for a new service manual.

Wait... so you send them ass pictures? Clothed or unclothed? Clenched? Bend over and spread 'em?

I almost assume you are joking, but I am not sure. If you are serious look up the Russell Day Long website and they will have all the information you need.

I almost assume you are joking, but I am not sure. If you are serious look up the Russell Day Long website and they will have all the information you need.
https://www.day-long.com Red I just have to ASSume that you have never received a Christmas Card from Fairlaner then, Richard always has his bare bum on his Holiday Greetings Card! WORD!

I'd rather see Yamaha make a competitor to the ZX-14 and Busa and then pass that engine and transmission over to the FJR kind of like Kawasaki did.
Based on the ZX-14 to C14, they'd end up where we are now anyway.
I'd rather they start with the R1 and build an FJR1000.

Or the V-Max and build a VJR1200.

Yep, they need your ass shape, your riding position and the bike you ride. Don't know what kinda image you get when u hear this but this comes to my mind...

476870.jpg

Yep, they need your ass shape, your riding position and the bike you ride. Don't know what kinda image you get when u hear this but this comes to my mind...

476870.jpg
Now that's a high quality ass picture right there... ;)