2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you may be able to squeeze another bit out of it to go over the 80 mph. Perhaps we can get some new owners to verify that it actually works.......... meanwhile, write those letters.
Already tried...and failed. Warchild reported here. 82 indicated is 80 GPS.

BTW, he also said it is exactly the same speed on the European version despite what we've heard.
We haven't "heard" it....it's published on multiple Yamaha European websites....and continues to be listed. Did he indicate why they haven't bothered to change them yet? Color me skeptical of his claim.
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be receiving my new GenII in January 2012 (and since I am in Europe I had a choice in colours: mine will be BLACK).

When visiting Yamaha NL a few weeks back with the FJR1300 NL Club we also received explanation on the cruise control from their tech reps.

They claimed that the cruise control works (in Europe that is) from 50 km per hour up to 180 km per hour (you do the math to miles).

During my testride I did test the lower limit, and found that I could engage the cruise control from 48 k/h (on the speedo).

The upper limit was out of my reach during the test drive, but this will come some time next year, taking it to Germany...
blush2.gif

A blow-up of the 2nd picture shows the electric actuator on the adjustable fork:

Which looks a bit of an afterthought to me.

The above picture suggests that the "electrically adjustable forks" are only adjusting the rebound damping, since that would be the normal location of that adjuster, under that actuator.

Unless... which side has the damping in it on the non-AE? Left or right? Maybe that is a spring preload adjustment? That wouldn't make too much sense though...

As for the adjustable fork on the AE.

Check this picture: what is under this unusally large construction next to the fork? My guess: another adjuster...

1_DSCF5453.JPG

Check this picture: what is under this unusally large construction next to the fork? My guess: another adjuster...
If you are referring to the bottom of the front fender, there isn't anything under it except a fender mount. They are extending the front fender to protect the exposed fork tube.

So every car on I-80 through Nebraska is going to have their CC set for 85-90, and I'll be set for (at most) 80- thus becoming a rolling chicane.

Yeah, no liability issue for them to worry about there. there.

Just my $.02 -- So the CC won't set above 80, BFD...how long has your right wrist been broken? Funny thing is, my '09 will run over 80 anytime I want it to.

Someone tell me what I'm missing in this CC bitch-fest...
dntknw.gif

--G

Just my $.02 -- So the CC won't set above 80, BFD...how long has your right wrist been broken? Funny thing is, my '09 will run over 80 anytime I want it to.

dntknw.gif
You have been missing my input! I have owned several bikes with CC, most were limited to 80 mph, one was not (GL1800).

I think the 80 mph limit is a non-issue.

dntknw.gif
You have been missing my input! I have owned several bikes with CC, most were limited to 80 mph, one was not (GL1800).

I think the 80 mph limit is a non-issue.
+1, Gunny; the 80 mph limit is a total non-issue, Papa Chuy just ran Interstate 10 between Tucson and Phoenix at 100 mph with no problems!

+1, Gunny; the 80 mph limit is a total non-issue, Papa Chuy just ran Interstate 10 between Tucson and Phoenix at 100 mph with no problems!
How does it compare to your K1600GT?
Gisele our BMW K1600GT will still be the bike of choice for two up touring with my Son Seth and Girlfriend Donna, it's just so much more comfortable for two.

But for solo work with an occasional two up, such as the FJR Forum Ride to Cabo San Lucas Mexico starting 1/25/13, the FJR is the preferred moto of choice!

Don is there a limit for the CC on the GT?

R
"Briefly push button 2 forward. Cruise control can be set within a speed range from 30 km/h to 220 km/h." Cruise Control only works up to 220 kilometers an hour!

220km = 136mi, So Richard if you want to operate a K16 137 mph or more you will need a Throttlemeister or a Vista Cruise Control device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R, I need to pick your brain. I went to Givi USA website to order the mounting rack for my Givi 55 liter top case to affix to my Gen3 2013.

Givi USA only shows a listing for the 2006-2009 FJR models, but I know I have seen 2010-2012 Gen2's running Givi Monokey top cases.

Is the tail assembly on our 2013 FJR's the same as the rest of Gen2 model years, I want to be able to interchange this case with my motos!

dntknw.gif

--G
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! SOMEONE finally said it!
Gorgeous George is the most honest man on our FJR Forum, he has been telling Nieharf for many years now that his shit stinks. But, Dave doesn't believe him

dntknw.gif

--G
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! SOMEONE finally said it!
Oh dear Lord...am I turning into HRZ?

RH, I'm getting really concerned here. This is twice (I think) you're agreeing with me...is this really you or has someone hacked your account ?!?
umnik.gif

--G