2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R, I need to pick your brain. I went to Givi USA website to order the mounting rack for my Givi 55 liter top case to affix to my Gen3 2013.

Givi USA only shows a listing for the 2006-2009 FJR models, but I know I have seen 2010-2012 Gen2's running Givi Monokey top cases.

Is the tail assembly on our 2013 FJR's the same as the rest of Gen2 model years, I want to be able to interchange this case with my motos!
Don, the a$$ end of the GEN II & III bikes are the same. FWIW, Pops and I run this adapter from SW-MOTECH https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-alu-rack-toprack-yamaha-fjr1300-06-silver-for-givi-hepco-becker-krauser-topcases with the Givi mount. You can also add a SW-MOTECH luggage rack to the same adapter. Very versatile set-up this way. Be careful not to overload the top-case.

--G

BTW -- Still figuring out links with the new format...

Last edited by a moderator:
R, I need to pick your brain. I went to Givi USA website to order the mounting rack for my Givi 55 liter top case to affix to my Gen3 2013.

Givi USA only shows a listing for the 2006-2009 FJR models, but I know I have seen 2010-2012 Gen2's running Givi Monokey top cases.

Is the tail assembly on our 2013 FJR's the same as the rest of Gen2 model years, I want to be able to interchange this case with my motos!
Don, the a$$ end of the GEN II & III bikes are the same. FWIW, Pops and I run this adapter from SW-MOTECH https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-alu-rack-toprack-yamaha-fjr1300-06-silver-for-givi-hepco-becker-krauser-topcases with the Givi mount. You can also add a SW-MOTECH luggage rack to the same adapter. Very versatile set-up this way. Be careful not to overload the top-case.

--G

Muchas Gracias Jorge, the tequila and cerveza are on me the next time we meet up!

Just my $.02 -- So the CC won't set above 80, BFD...how long has your right wrist been broken? Funny thing is, my '09 will run over 80 anytime I want it to.

Someone tell me what I'm missing in this CC bitch-fest...
dntknw.gif

--G
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! SOMEONE finally said it!
Gorgeous George is the most honest man on our FJR Forum, he has been telling Nieharf for many years now that his shit stinks. But, Dave doesn't believe him
AJ, just calm the **** down!

+1, Gunny; the 80 mph limit is a total non-issue, Papa Chuy just ran Interstate 10 between Tucson and Phoenix at 100 mph with no problems!

Folks, how do you know mi bastard step-pappy is lying? His lips are moving. I know for a fact he only has 25 miles on that POS Gen III and hasn't gotten over 50mph.

--G

As much as I think Georgie is a fart smeller, I am going to say there is no way in hell I would put that SW-Motech adapter plate on an FJR. Too many rear sub-frame failures. I would highly recommend getting the Givi SR357 rack. Yes, if you had been paying attention you would know that it will fit your Gen III POS FJR. You can get it for cheaper than the SW-Motech adapter and your current Givi topbox will fit on it.

Just my $.02 -- So the CC won't set above 80, BFD...how long has your right wrist been broken? Funny thing is, my '09 will run over 80 anytime I want it to.

dntknw.gif

--G
Gorgeous George is the most honest man on our FJR Forum, he has been telling Nieharf for many years now that his shit stinks. But, Dave doesn't believe him
AJ, just calm the **** down!

WTF?!?!?! AJ wasn't in any of those post you silly old fart! Senility is a bitch, isn't it?

I don't care what you nancy-pants FJR girls say. The 80mph cruise limit is just plain fucking stupid. It's something completely ridiculous that I would expect BMW to do, but nooooo, BMW actually does this right!

I don't use CC when driving around town. I use it when on the highway. And for me, this nifty new feature that everybody wanted will be useless 60% of the time or more. That is just plain STUPID and would annoy me every time I climbed on the bike. WHY???? Nobody else does it. Why is Yamaha so special in their fear of 'liability'. What a bunch of horseshit.

Now, I would *normally* install my favorite farkle, the mighty Vista-Cruise throttle lock and deal with it, but because of another nifty new feature - those heated grips, apparently I can't even do that.

Somebody, PLEASE figure out a work-around on this fucked up piece of engineering and a Gen III FJR will be on my list for a purchase a couple years from now.

dntknw.gif

--G
Oh dear Lord...am I turning into HRZ?

RH, I'm getting really concerned here. This is twice (I think) you're agreeing with me...is this really you or has someone hacked your account ?!?
umnik.gif

--G
No, it's really me. The 80mph CC limit on the Gen III ranks right up there with heat, sidestand and vibration "issues" on Gen I and II bikes as the most whiny-gash pissing and moaning I've read here in a while. My take on the issue is EXACTLY what you wrote...the right hand is the perfect solution to the 80mph CC limit. Who the hell needs to be "relaxing" at an 80mph cruise???

dntknw.gif

--G

RH, I'm getting really concerned here. This is twice (I think) you're agreeing with me...is this really you or has someone hacked your account ?!?
umnik.gif

--G
No, it's really me. The 80mph CC limit on the Gen III ranks right up there with heat, sidestand and vibration "issues" on Gen I and II bikes as the most whiny-gash pissing and moaning I've read here in a while. My take on the issue is EXACTLY what you wrote...the right hand is the perfect solution to the 80mph CC limit. Who the hell needs to be "relaxing" at an 80mph cruise???
You are fucking stupid.

:finger:

<snip> ...there is no way in hell I would put that SW-Motech adapter plate on an FJR. Too many rear sub-frame failures. I would highly recommend getting the Givi SR357 rack. Yes, if you had been paying attention you would know that it will fit your Gen III POS FJR. You can get it for cheaper than the SW-Motech adapter and your current Givi topbox will fit on it.

>

>

>

>

>

<snip> I use it when on the highway. And for me, this nifty new feature that everybody wanted will be useless 60% of the time or more. That is just plain STUPID and would annoy me every time I climbed on the bike. WHY???? Nobody else does it. Why is Yamaha so special in their fear of 'liability'. What a bunch of horseshit.

Now, I would *normally* install my favorite farkle, the mighty Vista-Cruise throttle lock and deal with it, but because of another nifty new feature - those heated grips, apparently I can't even do that.
...skooter, skooter -- breathe and relax! You're right regarding the SR357 as it provides additional support for the rear subframe. The MOTECH is just an alternative for consideration. Keep weight limits in perspective and it works just as well as the stock Yamaha trunk...

Fairlaner already solved the CC problem, $20 from Aerostitch and you're golden. You're running 80+ more than 60% of your miles...wow!!
blinksmiley.gif

--G

<snip> ...there is no way in hell I would put that SW-Motech adapter plate on an FJR. Too many rear sub-frame failures. I would highly recommend getting the Givi SR357 rack. Yes, if you had been paying attention you would know that it will fit your Gen III POS FJR. You can get it for cheaper than the SW-Motech adapter and your current Givi topbox will fit on it.

>

>

>

>

>

<snip> I use it when on the highway. And for me, this nifty new feature that everybody wanted will be useless 60% of the time or more. That is just plain STUPID and would annoy me every time I climbed on the bike. WHY???? Nobody else does it. Why is Yamaha so special in their fear of 'liability'. What a bunch of horseshit.

Fairlaner already solved the CC problem, $20 from Aerostitch and you're golden. You're running 80+ more than 60% of your miles...wow!!
blinksmiley.gif

--G
I like what I like. I like the VC (and a functional OEM CC) I don't want that POS thing Fairlaner has. That one forum member has already reported didn't last very long and broke.

And Yes, I'll be over 80mph (usually just a bit) over 60% of my HIGHWAY miles as will all the other traffic around me.

Oh, and SCREW that breathing and relaxing bullshit. That's for pussies.

I read thru the Gen 3 owner's manual and there's no mention of how the linked brakes work. The Yamaha rep at the bike show yesterday was saying that the brakes are linked, so even when you apply the rear brake, you are still get some front brake application.

I was under the impression that the universal braking system was similar to the one on my SuperTenere: the lever operates the front and the rear and the rear brake pedal operates only the rear, which is great for trail braking.

Would someone please explain how the Gen III brakes work or point me to a link to it?

Thank you.

dntknw.gif

--G

umnik.gif

--G

Whiny-gash pissing and moaning bitch = SkooterG! ​jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

I read thru the Gen 3 owner's manual and there's no mention of how the linked brakes work. The Yamaha rep at the bike show yesterday was saying that the brakes are linked, so even when you apply the rear brake, you are still get some front brake application.

I was under the impression that the universal braking system was similar to the one on my SuperTenere: the lever operates the front and the rear and the rear brake pedal operates only the rear, which is great for trail braking.

Would someone please explain how the Gen III brakes work or point me to a link to it?

Thank you.
Dont know if this carries over to the Gen III, but here is the Gen II scoop on the linked brakes...

<< All new unified braking system with computer controlled ABS. When the front brake is applied, all 4 front LHS caliper pistons are activated, and only the "upper" two pistons on the front RHS caliper are activated. When applying the rear brake, both rear caliper pistons are activated plus the two lower pistons on the front RHS caliper are activated.

In short, the front brake will not activate the rear, but the rear will give you partial braking on the front>>

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-topcase-rack-yamaha-fjr1300-06 So SkooterG, where do I go to purchase a GIVI SR 357 rack? Since yesterday I went to Ride Now Motorsports in Chandler and their computer shows them "No Longer Available". And I just got off of the phone with Twisted Throttle and they no longer have them in stock!

As much as I think Georgie is a fart smeller, I am going to say there is no way in hell I would put that SW-Motech adapter plate on an FJR. Too many rear sub-frame failures. I would highly recommend getting the Givi SR357 rack. Yes, if you had been paying attention you would know that it will fit your Gen III POS FJR. You can get it for cheaper than the SW-Motech adapter and your current Givi top box will fit on it.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-topcase-rack-yamaha-fjr1300-06 So SkooterG, where do I go to purchase a GIVI SR 357 rack? Since yesterday I went to Ride Now Motorsports in Chandler and their computer shows them "No Longer Available". And I just got off of the phone with Twisted Throttle and they no longer have them in stock!

As much as I think Georgie is a fart smeller, I am going to say there is no way in hell I would put that SW-Motech adapter plate on an FJR. Too many rear sub-frame failures. I would highly recommend getting the Givi SR357 rack. Yes, if you had been paying attention you would know that it will fit your Gen III POS FJR. You can get it for cheaper than the SW-Motech adapter and your current Givi top box will fit on it.
Try these fellas, Don.

https://www.pca-one.com/search.asp?search=&bikeType=&bikeMake=&bikeModel=&bikeYear=&MfgCode=GIV&SearchVal=&groupMaster=&groupID=&subgroupID=626&specGroup=&specFeatures=&newVal=&SortOrder=Default&BlockSize=20

Try these fellas, Don.

https://www.pca-one.com/search.asp?search=&bikeType=&bikeMake=&bikeModel=&bikeYear=&MfgCode=GIV&SearchVal=&groupMaster=&groupID=&subgroupID=626&specGroup=&specFeatures=&newVal=&SortOrder=Default&BlockSize=20
Thank you so very much Old Michael, it figures a fine Fellow Irishman would come to my aid! Since GreggieM is as worthless as teats on a boar hog, or as worthless as testicles on Bust!!!

Note: I just called PCA toll free at 1-866-841-9256 and they were a real pleasure to deal with, they had one in stock for $135 (with no shipping costs) and it will arrive at my home on Friday.

dntknw.gif

--G

umnik.gif

--G
You are fucking stupid.

finger.gif
And "they" give this guy Admin powers. **** ME!!! :p :p :p

dntknw.gif

--G

umnik.gif

--G
You are fucking stupid.

finger.gif
And "they" give this guy Admin powers. **** ME!!!
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
And you think that is amazing Steve-O? You should watch SkootyG try to walk and chew gum at the same time, his ears start flapping like a humming bird trying to take off!!!

dntknw.gif

--G

umnik.gif

--G
You are fucking stupid.

finger.gif
And "they" give this guy Admin powers. **** ME!!!
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
And you think that is amazing Steve-O? You should watch SkootyG try to walk and chew gum at the same time, his ears start flapping like a humming bird trying to take off!!!

Well at least I am not a freaking moron. Glad you didn't pass that little family trait down to me.

I'm with you on this one scooter. When I do my annual iowa city Ia. to Hagerstown MD. (1day and a half)and back in one day . 900+ miles I sure and the **** ain't gonna do it at 70miles an hour. most of our seat time is spent at 85 MPH+ to get home in 14 .5 hours ,and I ain't gonna pay 15000 dollars to get home from this ride and have a wrist that won't work and a CC that hasn't worked(engaged).As Scoot said......YOU"RE FUCKIN STUPID!(i'm all better now)

I'm with you on this one scooter. When I do my annual iowa city Ia. to Hagerstown MD. (1day and a half)and back in one day . 900+ miles I sure and the **** ain't gonna do it at 70miles an hour. most of our seat time is spent at 85 MPH+ to get home in 14 .5 hours ,and I ain't gonna pay 15000 dollars to get home from this ride and have a wrist that won't work and a CC that hasn't worked(engaged).As Scoot said......YOU"RE FUCKIN STUPID!(i'm all better now)
And I'M the one who is vitriol and unwitty?? WTF??

Hey DT30...In the recent oft repeated words of that Dork Howie: "AJ, Calm the **** down!!" oh...Wait a second, "DT30, Calm the **** down!!" There. That's better!

Sorry...Couldn't help it.