2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw it somewhere but don't see it now, how many couples are testing their relationship by doing this two up?
I'm not sure what the couples count is, but Pat Ford is doing the ride 2 up with his daughter *thumbsup*
That's pretty freaking awesome. What an amazing answer to the "And what did you do this summer?" question.
Yeah - I thought it was awesome too. Here's Pat and his daughter Becky - https://tobie.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Iron-Butt-Rally-2013/30225872_5gNwbS#!i=2607963752&k=vXD24HG

I met them during the Nevada Stampede this year. They did a BBG 1500 together!

Start video from ADV Rider. The rain does not seem that bad compared to some other years

Last edited by a moderator:
First rider just entered Canada. Buffalo border crossing.

Looks like the Detroit area riders are visiting the Henry Ford Museum in Greenfield Village.
When I read the requirements to complete that particular bonus, it just re-enforced the notion of what a sick and twisted-up bastard Tom Austin is.... while I can't really discuss specifics, this ain't a bonus where you just snap off a pic of your rally flag in front of the building, oh, no, no, no, no..... it is much, MUCH worse than that...
weirdsmiley.gif

Well, since the 2013 IBR theme is transportation... there are likely to be some significant Detroit action, without a doubt

Some guys (gals) have been at the Henry Ford Museum for an hour already. Jeez!

Well, since the 2013 IBR theme is transportation... there are likely to be some significant Detroit action, without a doubt.
And the train action is in Penn??? Someone is in Scranton and I think they went across I76 with the train crew. That is pretty impressive riding! 335 miles

Some guys (gals) have been at the Henry Ford Museum for an hour already. Jeez!
The tasking riders face to fulfill the requirements for this bonus were a little daunting when initially read... but for many, the points are simply too great to blow off this bonus.

Looks like 28 'Spots' at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.Timed Bonus??

Not sure it's a timed bonus, but certainly it's restricted to open hours, I'm guessing. But again, the points were such that many, many will go after this one regardless.

And the tasking while there does not lend itself to an quick in-and-out...

It is my general understanding that this leg is a little heavy with timed daylight (or daylight only) bonuses. Mind you, I did not get a chance to really comb through the Leg One bonus list last night; I am merely repeating what I overheard - more than a few times - at the Start Line this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.