2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video if the Start from IBR Timekeeper Ira Agin that is simply outstanding.... see if you can see Dennis Powell's Gold Wing almost biff as he nervously pulls out.... I am going to give him massive shit for this at Checkpoint II in Sacramento .... :lol:

YouTubage:

Rider "MAC" was stopped under what seemed to be an overpass on I90 for about an hour and a half. Now at Honda East Toledo - not a good start to the rally. Hope they get whatever fixed.

tel

So ... A First Leg Rally Pack that appears to have produced FOUR different strategies.

I'm thinking there was some head-scratching going on after dinner last night.

A couple of riders are approaching Charlotte NC presumably a nascar museum Hell of a ride Pittsburg to there in 7 hours.

Or, maybe they are on their way to Key West? :lol:

Seems to be some interesting things playing out here. Sucks for productivity.

Or, maybe they are on their way to Key West?
laugh.png

Seems to be some interesting things playing out here. Sucks for productivity.
What is this productivity thing of which you speak?

Here is a video if the Start from IBR Timekeeper Ira Agin that is simply outstanding.... see if you can see Dennis Powell's Gold Wing almost biff as he nervously pulls out.... I am going to give him massive shit for this at Checkpoint II in Sacramento ....
laugh.png

YouTubage:

Thought you were going to get hit a few times!!
help.gif

On the subject of productivity, apparently no one told my users or my systems that I was taking two weeks of downtime to watch the rally. SOB, it's been a busy Monday!

Or, maybe they are on their way to Key West?
laugh.png
Key West is indeed an option on this Leg.... and amazingly, I understand it is not the pure "sucker bonus" as it has traditionally been in the past. And has some *serious-ass* points associated with it.

But to make it worthwhile and put you among the frontrunners, one really needs scarf up a few hefty northern bonuses, and all the bonuses on the way to Florida and back.

The fact that so few have apparently gone south right out of the gate could suggest this may be a sub-optimal plan for those who intend to stand atop the podium come July 12...
wink.png

That having been said... it's only Day 1, and they've only been riding ~ 8 hours.... still waaaaay early in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that so few have apparently gone south right out of the gate may suggest this isn't the plan for who intend to stand atop the podium come July 12...
wink.png
I believe it was this early on last time that folks said this about Hyder. Didn't at least one of them land on the podium?

I ran into Wendy Crocket and another rider, Mark Beaulac (sp?) on my way home!

Both were very focused and looked great, of course, it was only 3 hours into the rally at that point!
smile.png

101 is heading towards Lansing.

I wonder if he / she is gonna swing by Owosso to give Bust a heart transplant.

Status
Not open for further replies.