2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone gonna dress up those boots for him?? :D
[img=[URL="https://chatter-fest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ruby-slippers.jpg%5D"]https://chatter-fest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ruby-slippers.jpg][/URL]
I bet there will more than a few that will be needing a pair starting day 10---
"There's no place like home,

there's no place like home"

;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when does the party start tomorrow in Cranberry for the eastern forum members?
CHECKPOINT 1 INFORMATION

July 4, 8pm - 10pm

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 6am, July 5

Pittsburgh Marriott North at Cranberry Woods

100 Cranberry Woods Drive

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066

If I was a spectator, I would show up around noon or 1pm to watch riders start coming in...
I'm guessing everyone will be on the road early on Friday morning so if you can't be there tomorrow it is almost not worth the trip. I have an all day commitment tomorrow so I'd have to make it a night ride out to catch the departure on Friday morning. In that case I'd want to take my C-10 because I haven't mounted driving lights on the FJR yet for extended night riding. Would that still count for support of forum members in the big show?

OK, FJRForum members.... time to support our FJR-riding men and woman.... I wonder how many of our west coast forum members we can get show up in Sacomento this Sunday to support our riders?Checkpoint 2 info:

Sunday July 7, 8pm - 10pm at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ugh. I knew I should have accepted the offer from my supervisor to take the 8th off. That's an easy ride down and back.

Hope there is a good turnout to support the FJR (and Tenere) riders! Wish them good luck and a safe ride for me.

Looking at the Spotwalla, there appears to be a bonus in the Lutheran Cemetery or the Mt. Olivet Cemetery or boni in both cemeteries in Ridgewood, Queens, NYC. Being the cemeteries are adjoining I suspect the riders are having a hard time identifying the one they want.

The holiday getaway out of the city has started and Hudson River crossings are jammed as well as East bound routes to Long Island. The NYC boni are going to be very time expensive for riders for at least the next 3-4 hours.

Josh has new boots. They will be delivered to the Marriott this evening courtesy of Paul Tong.

The LD Rider group is freakin' awesome.

Where are some of our favorite forum peeps at the moment (12:55 PDT, 3 July)?

Perry - Is still in Canada... naturally.

Colin24 - is strangely *not* in Canada

Howard - eastern PA

Wendy - appears headed to whatever Colin24 is headed to.

eeksnake - is enjoying the state of New York

TriggerT - is in Canada, as is 101pathfinder

Iggy - still scarfing up mega-points in Michigan

I obviously can not provide any real details - so please don't ask.
no.gif

Looking at the Spotwalla, there appears to be a bonus in the Lutheran Cemetery or the Mt. Olivet Cemetery or boni in both cemeteries in Ridgewood, Queens, NYC. Being the cemeteries are adjoining I suspect the riders are having a hard time identifying the one they want.
The holiday getaway out of the city has started and Hudson River crossings are jammed as well as East bound routes to Long Island. The NYC boni are going to be very time expensive for riders for at least the next 3-4 hours.
It must be related to the General Slocum Disaster.

https://www.junipercivic.com/juniperberryarticle.asp?nid=157

We will be there Saturday afternoon....

R
Represent us left-coasters well Richard. Wish I could make the trip down but it's not in the cards...

Even though it has no aux lights or aux fuel, I believe I will take the 2013 FJR to the Checkpoint II in Sacramento, instead of the Busa.... need to save the Busa's tires for some big strikes into Montana next month.

Besides... the new FJR is still distressingly clean... needs more road grime...
weirdsmiley.gif

FirstWash.jpg

Terrible time to be on 95N by Quantico, although probably better than 95S. Rush hour before holiday with major storms passing through.

Where are some of our favorite forum peeps at the moment (12:55 PDT, 3 July)?
Perry - Is still in Canada... naturally.

Colin24 - is strangely *not* in Canada

Howard - eastern PA

Wendy - appears headed to whatever Colin24 is headed to.

eeksnake - is enjoying the state of New York

TriggerT - is in Canada, as is 101pathfinder

Iggy - still scarfing up mega-points in Michigan

I obviously can not provide any real details - so please don't ask. :no:
I'm not too surprised by Perry's choice of sticking to his neighborhood. Probably knows how to get around that area fairly easily.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see where they stand after tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.