2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it turns out, the rider will have multiple boots to select from when he returns to Checkpoint I.....
Anyone gonna dress up those boots for him??
biggrin.png

ruby-slippers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The person heading out onto PEI with 21 hours to go before check-point 1 isn't gonna have a lot of slack time!

OK, FJRForum members.... time to support our FJR-riding men and woman.... I wonder how many of our west coast forum members we can get show up in Sacomento this Sunday to support our riders?

Checkpoint 2 info:

Sunday July 7, 8pm - 10pm at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova

Scoring opens at 5pm, but spectators will want to arrive several hours beforehand, say noon or 1pm timeframe, to watch the majority of riders stream in throughout the afternoon.

The frontrunners are likely to come in within 60-90 minutes of the penalty window... as it gets very close to the penalty window, you will of course want to ensure you remain out of the way so riders can jump off their bikes and run in to see Ira Agins (IBR Gatekeeper) and stop their "clock" before penalty points start to accrue.

Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 6am July 8

Here's the address:

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
11211 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Come on down and show your support for your favorite rider and all the competitors!
bling_cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As it turns out, the rider will have multiple boots to select from when he returns to Checkpoint I.....
biggrin.png

ruby-slippers.jpg
Ruby slippers? Oh no. The boots I prepared are much more impressive than stupid ruby slippers. Shyeah, you do know I was trained by Warchild, don't you?

BTW, 'checkpoint mechanic' sounds like Roger Sinclair to me. Glad your friend has been able to sort out his issues. Hope he's having fun regardless!

hrm, the Theme is Transportation... the Union Pacific railroad company has it's HQ here (along with loads of picture opportunities around town).

total speculation.. and no, I'm not going out to be a spectator. If I were closer to a checkpoint, it'd be neat, but I'm not going to gawk for the sake of it...

Hey Dale, any word on the BMW guy with the spewing fuel? Glad to see the Goldwing rider back in it, hate to see folks go out for things like that, especially so early.

biggrin.png
Ruby slippers? Oh no. The boots I prepared are much more impressive than stupid ruby slippers. Shyeah, you do know I was trained by Warchild, don't you?
Ah yes... trained by the most evil best... can't wait to see what you come up with! ;)

OK, FJRForum members.... time to support our FJR-riding men and woman.... I wonder how many of our west coast forum members we can get show up in Sacomento this Sunday to support our riders?
Checkpoint 2 info:

Scoring opens at 5pm, but spectators will want to arrive several hours beforehand, say noon or 1pm timeframe, to watch the majority of riders stream in throughout the afternoon.

The frontrunners are likely to come in within 60-90 minutes of the penalty window... as it gets very close to the penalty window, you will of course want to ensure you remain out of the way so riders can jump off their bikes and run in to see Ira Agins (IBR Gatekeeper) and stop their "clock" before penalty points start to accrue.

Here's the address:

11211 Point East Drive

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Come on down and show your support for your favorite rider and all the competitors!
bling_cool.gif
So, when does the party start tomorrow in Cranberry for the eastern forum members?

If I didn't have to be at work on Friday I'd be heading out to Pittsburgh tomorrow.

So, when does the party start tomorrow in Cranberry for the eastern forum members?
CHECKPOINT 1 INFORMATION

July 4, 8pm - 10pm

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm

Scoring opens at 5pm

Leg 2 Bonuses distributed at 6am, July 5

Pittsburgh Marriott North at Cranberry Woods

100 Cranberry Woods Drive

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066

If I was a spectator, I would show up around noon or 1pm to watch riders start coming in...

Checkpoint 2 info:

Here's the address:

11211 Point East Drive

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

bling_cool.gif
Well, hell - can't be out-done by the left-coasters.

We'll prolly get wet, so unless it's a complete monsoon I think Sooze and I will come out for a bit.

If I didn't have to be at work on Friday I'd be heading out to Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Yer killin' me, Smalls. Sooze and I have to work on Friday.... Don't let the left-coasters show us up.

Say isn't Friday a common "sick" day when everyone comes down with works-a-pox or something.

Wish I wasn't stuck in the middle.

I guess I could claim anal glaucoma. I just can't see my ass going to work! Seriously if I hadn't just gotten this job less than 6 months ago I'd consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.