2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw 4 Tenere's in that start video, but I want to know who the couple riding two up on one is! I did see OCFJR on his Tenere...

That's Shane and Annette Cudlin from Australia. They rode a Wing in 11. Shane said this is one of the original Teneres, before they were available in the US, he's got a lot of miles on it, I think over 90K. He had a modified main fuel tank installed, rather than an aux cell. It looks well done. He was able to keep his bagster bra, but you can see a bit of the rougher main tank around the edge - many folks wouldn't even notice, I'm sure. Very nice folks.

I saw 4 Tenere's in that start video, but I want to know who the couple riding two up on one is! I did see OCFJR on his Tenere...
The two-up couple on the Tenere are Shane and Annette Cudlin from Australia. They did the 2011 IBR on a 'Wing.

Anyone know if Alex is riding a RT or the old 1100 ST ?
Alex is on the ST. He looked good at the start, I was very surprised to hear this as well. I hope he was able to just forget it and move on with his plan.

Riders are in the Florida keys now. I just checked the traffic report and it's looking good. Right now. Hope that continues for them and they can get in and out quickly and easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
#24 still stuck at Honda East in Toledo. If anybody is talking to him, let me know if there's anything I can do to help as I'm local.
Thought they might mention Neils in the first day report but ....

PS: hope I don't wear out the F5 key on my keyboard.
uhoh.gif

Tobie needs to back away from the HDR button and get another lens. That fish eye should be about worn out by now.
I'd like the pictures a lot more if they weren't all distorted and fucked with. All that processing makes it hard to really "see" the pic.
Coffee yet?
rolleyes.gif
He has a point. I've complimented him directly in the past but HDR needs a little moderation to make it more effective.

Any chance #24 just forgot to turn his spot back on after stopping in for some Honda chap stick?

Any chance #24 just forgot to turn his spot back on after stopping in for some Honda chap stick?
One can hope ...

Is that the Chap Stick with 60% Molybdenum Disulphide? Stops your lips sticking!

That's the one. I figured if someone were broken down already, that would make the daily report.

Tobie needs to back away from the HDR button and get another lens. That fish eye should be about worn out by now.
I'd like the pictures a lot more if they weren't all distorted and fucked with. All that processing makes it hard to really "see" the pic.
Coffee yet?
rolleyes.gif
He has a point. I've complimented him directly in the past but HDR needs a little moderation to make it more effective.
Tobie is a great photographer, but the fish eye is getting old. Sometimes, just a crisp clear picture without any special effects tells the story much better.

Tobie is a great photographer, but the fish eye is getting old. Sometimes, just a crisp clear picture without any special effects tells the story much better.
Yup, all about moderation and usage, for instance, this is an excellent photo that I love which was helped with the lens -> https://tobie.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Iron-Butt-Rally-2013/30225872_5gNwbS#!i=2605224439&k=tmtHRhW
Yup, and if you look at my avatar, that's a Tobie shot as well, and the fish eye was perfect for that :)

It looks like #24 is one the move again and probably headed to the Ford Museum. I hope that this breakdown has not cost him a chance to be a finisher.

It looks like #24 is one the move again and probably headed to the Ford Museum. I hope that this breakdown has not cost him a chance to be a finisher.
I believe points are lower on leg 1, so if he still can grab a few big ones before checkpoint one he should be good.

I am slated to meet up with PuppychowFJR and Brian Roberts
Ahem...
rolleyes.gif

Erm.... yes ma'am, I had better see your tender young ass there too, momma, I believe you owe me a kiss for something you did in the recent past.

Not sure what it was, exactly, but I make something up long before I see you this weekend, tootsie... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.