2013 Iron Butt Rally - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning when we can all sit and watch the live feed being streamed online as the riders come through the door to see the Gatekeeper.

What? That's not being steamed live? Darn it all!

Would be pretty cool though.
smile.png

Anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning when we can all sit and watch the live feed being streamed online as the riders come through the door to see the Gatekeeper.

smile.png

Somebody call ESPN and set it up. God knows this is a slow sport season.

smile.png
Somebody call ESPN and set it up. God knows this is a slow sport season.
This was done in `01 on Dave Despain`s show. Larry Myers did the interviews'. Of course I`m sure there was heavy editing?

IBR Rider in need... this is off the LDRider list:

I am posting this at the request of Scott Jones. He is riding a 2006 BMW R1200RT and is having trouble with his electronic windshield. It has decided to become possessed and is going up and down. I am not at all familiar with it's electrical system. Is the fuse for the windscreen only in control of the windscreen or will pulling it cause other issues? Is this a problem anyone else has experienced? Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks. Scott's a good guy. I'd imagine that might be kinda of annoying having it go up and down as you are going down the road, but hilarious to other people. At least its nothing worse.

smile.png
Been trying to talk extrememarine into meeting me over there. If we go, I'll grab the netbook and setup a live stream.

That sucks. Scott's a good guy. I'd imagine that might be kinda of annoying having it go up and down as you are going down the road, but hilarious to other people. At least its nothing worse.
He should pull the fuse, unless that circuit has critical components on it. The fact that it is intermittently going up and down might suggest a switch issue or associated wiring that get intermittently shorted out.

Me, I would run the screen to the lowest position, then yank that fuse to preclude any potential Badness from occurring.

He should pull the fuse, unless that circuit has critical components on it. The fact that it is intermittently going up and down might suggest a switch issue or associated wiring that get intermittently shorted out.

Me, I would run the screen to the lowest position, then yank that fuse to preclude any potential Badness from occurring.
OMFG, if it is one of those CAN bus electrical systems he could be FUBARed for all of eternity. Or, until the switch gear drys out. If it is CAN bus the odds of a one fuse solution goes way down.

Uh-oh....unless it's a bonus I see #157 at the BMW dealer in Atlanta. It is close to the Air Base and the plane they have on display though.

If both Matt and Eric were going North (Eric said he was) there has to be a good reason for that........

Go IGGY......

That damn tire better hold up.....

R

OMFG, if it is one of those CAN bus electrical systems he could be FUBARed for all of eternity. Or, until the switch gear drys out. If it is CAN bus the odds of a one fuse solution goes way down.
He can spray WD-40 on the switch to remove moisture. WD-40 stands for "Water Displacement"

What does WD-40 stand for?WD-40 literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula. https://wd40.com/faqs/

Iggy: a rather remarkable dash for Iggy last night... he is positioning himself to strike Cranberry before Penalty window - maybe not by much, though. A flat tire, unexpected construction or other slow-down could make for Badness. He is currently in the center of the country.

Howard Entman: I am hoping his SPOT is lagging, because he is still waaaay too far west for my comfort, given ~ 24 hours to go...

Wendy: Holy shit, Wendy is kicking ass.... she's among that group in the Deep South as they are starting their march north.

eeksnake: Chris still shows in Texas... SPOT lag, hopefully

TriggerT: Is among that group currently enjoying the Alabama humidity.

Rusty: is well north of Wendy, moving right along, thank-you-very-much...

Paul Peloquin: Pretty much in the dead center of the country, well south of Iggy.

stryg8r: among that northbound train of riders near Atlanta

Colin24: is finally back in the USA, and well behind Iggy, but tracking east.

Eric V: center of the country, marching east

Perry: fairly close to srtyg8r, moving north

Pathfinder: among that Alabama train of riders

Thanks for the update but what about the other FJR rider from the West coast ........................ Mountain ???

Canadian FJR

2003 BMW LT I plugged heated vest and blow the fuse. This disabled my windshield. They may be on the same fuse on the RT. Pulling the fuse may disable any electrics he is running.

I wish I knew what the boni was in Duluth, I just happen to be up here on vacation..........It could be the ship, the train. #145 is close. I wish them all well on the run to the barn.

Steve

I wish I knew what the boni was in Duluth, I just happen to be up here on vacation..........It could be the ship, the train. #145 is close. I wish them all well on the run to the barn.
Steve
My thought was it might be the Richard Bong museum in Superior. There's a restored P-38 Lightning there (very cool.)

Bunch of riders coming into the Twin Cities right now. Nice weather here.

One of the joys of the BMW canbus is no fuses for components, Best bet is a dirty or wet contact switch, contact cleaner or WD-40 should help. The can bus is essentially one wire that goes around and sees signal from switches to the computer and the respective components.

Status
Not open for further replies.