2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can add my name to the list if there will be lodging available.
Yo Skip, why don't you just cuddle up with Petey? JSNS!
He already has a date.
Yeah, I already tried that.
Griff and Skip, are 'Zilla and Petey still together (dating!)? Big Dan from Lake Havasu had told me that they broke up! JSNS!

DSCF1162.jpg
Petey got his eyes fixed and now HRZ don't look so good.

I may be giving up my reservation at Bell's Motor lodge Fri & Sat 6/26-27.
...Since I'm going to Billings MT 7/23- I can incorporate this Black Hills area a week prior to MOA. Yahhhh, I will miss the free beer, but more importantly the great peeps!
sad.png

I'll post up here when and if this happens.
No more PM's please, I've got 4 in line for the room already. MEM was 1st in and zzzzip is batting 2nd.

Dang, Looks like one of the more popular events lining up! Sweet! :) :)

KozyMotel is just across the street and had rooms last time I checked.

Kozy Motel, 427 Main Street, Spearfish SD 57783 about 1 block closer to the bar than Scott's.

No Website, 10 Single Queen Rooms @ $49.00 plus tax

Call Penny @ 605-642-4846

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the first recommended route to ride.

Spearfish Canyon

Boulder Canyon

Vanocker Canyon

Nemo Rd

MT Rushmore

Iron Mountain Dr

Crazy Horse

O'neil Pass

Not smart enough or skilled enough to get the map to appear here.

https://binged.it/1A40Dwa

Second route: North and West, includes a Woman Tattooed like a Tiger, a place to buy a can of Sheep's Assholes, Devils Tower, few LEOs and lots of sweepers.

https://binged.it/1A48eL7

If someone is smart enough to post the actual maps please do so and PM me how?

Route #3A a long day over the Bighorns in Wyoming. All two lane roads. Shorter if you Slab it to or from Buffalo WY. The two passes over the Bighorns are fantastic roads.

https://binged.it/1sZnYX9. The long way, you can average 65 mph on this route

https://binged.it/1sZoV1y. The shorter route, more slab, average 75 mph

You could turn this into a 1,000 mile day by adding a jaunt to Cody, Chief Joseph, Beartooth etc. What a way to earn an Iron Butt license plate frame if that is your thing.

Still looking for a volunteer to run a Rally maybe on Saturday using the MT Rushmore Route? I'll do the groundwork but need someone to tell me what needs to be done. Plenty of photo stuff and inane facts to use for scoring.

I booked the penthouse suite at the Kozy Motel which over looks the beach, at the senior discount.

They only asked that I park the Super Tenere out front to give the place more curb appeal.

I booked the penthouse suite at the Kozy Motel which over looks the beach, at the senior discount.
They only asked that I park the Super Tenere out front to give the place more curb appeal.
Hey, it will be good to see you again, but I'm glad they are keeping the rough crowd down the block.

Hey, it will be good to see you again, but I'm glad they are keeping the rough crowd down the block.
At my age and condition it is good to see ANYONE again.....

Ya, no kidding. Where do you store your walker when your riding the Tenere?
smile.png

smile.png
In this case, with your wife, right after you leave for Spearfish.

smile.png
Perfect! She likes riding on the back of the Tenere over the FJR.

smile.png
Perfect! She likes riding on the back of the Tenere over the FJR.
Out of respect for her, I will not go further down this road, buddy.

Here is the first recommended route to ride.Spearfish Canyon

Boulder Canyon

Vanocker Canyon

Nemo Rd

MT Rushmore

Iron Mountain Dr

Crazy Horse

O'neil Pass

John-

Curious about your waypoint "I". What destination or advantage is this as I see it's a to/from backtrack WP.

Here is the first recommended route to ride.Spearfish Canyon

Boulder Canyon

Vanocker Canyon

Nemo Rd

MT Rushmore

Iron Mountain Dr

Crazy Horse

O'neil Pass

John-

Curious about your waypoint "I". What destination or advantage is this as I see it's a to/from backtrack WP.
It was the only way i could get the damn map to take you down Iron Mountain Road and then to Custer, one could turn right instead of left and avid the ride to the East if one wanted too.

I just got a Zumo 550 for this trip and don't have a clue how to use Basecamp or whatever to program these routes.

Is there a way to download them that a dummy like me can figure out? Maybe to an SD card or something?

Any PMs in the King's English would be appreciated (I regret I don't speak IT no matter how hard I try to learn).

I just got a Zumo 550 for this trip and don't have a clue how to use Basecamp or whatever to program these routes.
Is there a way to download them that a dummy like me can figure out? Maybe to an SD card or something?

Any PMs in the King's English would be appreciated (I regret I don't speak IT no matter how hard I try to learn).
Well you start by opening the bonnet and the boot of your caravan...oh, bugger that! (My best King's English that means nothing to most yanks)

The file he posted is for Bing maps. Someone Soon will surely convert or redo the waypoints as a gpx file that both Garmins and TomTom can read.