2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. That isn't all that far away. I could have saved $1800 if what you say is true. Minus the cost of a flight to Indy and the 1000 mile ride home.

I don't see how they can do that. They can't be making much on that deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaughingHard.gif

Just Looked at the 2015 Yamaha FJR 1300ES at Ride Motosports in Woodinville, WA. Wonder how long it would be before the other person living in this house noticed the bike was different. Here is another vote for that dark gray, looks expensive and gorgeous.
Go for it Dave. What's the worst that could happen.
rolleyes.gif

Damn. That isn't all that far away. I could have saved $1800 if what you say is true. Minus the cost of a flight to Indy and the 1000 mile ride home.
I don't see how they can do that. They can't be making much on that deal.
They don't make much on each bike. I talked to their sales manager this morning to clarify their price. It will vary based on their cost and any factory incentives they factor into the sales price. All of their advertised prices are + $498 dealer fees + $99 documents + your state sales tax.
They are the largest volume Yamaha dealer in Indiana and I think they want to be the largest in the midwest. They are about 45 minutes from the airport or bus/train station...

My Dealer is Port Yamaha - small place, Port Washington, WI

OTD price should be listed as Price with Tax, Title, License, Setup Fees - whatever you can think of that they add on....

Seems maybe there is a bit more room and my dealer didn't do too bad - I feel I got a pretty fair price and everyone deserves to make money....

2015 ES

$14,890 for the bike, TTL came to about $1000 all in, no charge on setup fees, unless he figured it into the price, which he could have, but didn't mention that.

$15,900 OTD everything paid....

Seems at the end of the year - Yamaha must offer dealers incentives to move the product out for the new line, I can't figure out any other way they could discount it so deeply without it...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fred W" data-cid="1187700" data-time="1414234996"><p>

Damn. That isn't all that far away. I could have saved $1800 if what you say is true. Minus the cost of a flight to Indy and the 1000 mile ride home.<br />

<br />

I don't see how they can do that. They can't be making much on that deal. </p></blockquote>

I believe there are currently some significant factory rebates/incentives on '14 model year A and ES FJRs right now.

My Dealer is Port Yamaha - small place, Port Washington, WI
OTD price should be listed as Price with Tax, Title, License, Setup Fees - whatever you can think of that they add on....

Seems maybe there is a bit more room and my dealer didn't do too bad - I feel I got a pretty fair price and everyone deserves to make money....

2015 ES

$14,890 for the bike, TTL came to about $1000 all in, no charge on setup fees, unless he figured it into the price, which he could have, but didn't mention that.

$15,900 OTD everything paid....

Seems at the end of the year - Yamaha must offer dealers incentives to move the product out for the new line, I can't figure out any other way they could discount it so deeply without it...
I don't think out the door price comparisons should include tax, title, and License costs. These costs vary state to state, and the amount of sales tax depends on whether you have a trade in or a total loss statement from a wrecked bike. I think the only equal way to compare OTD prices is to eliminate expenses that are beyond the dealers control and only count things like the bike, setup, freight, doc fees, and anything else that is tacked on by the dealer.

I don't think out the door price comparisons should ...
Let's not devolve this thread into a debate about OTD pricing please. That thread exists already and should be the place if anybody wants to pursue that particular conversation. This thread should try and stick to 2015 FJR details. Thank you.

I don't think out the door price comparisons should ...
Let's not devolve this thread into a debate about OTD pricing please. That thread exists already and should be the place if anybody wants to pursue that particular conversation. This thread should try and stick to 2015 FJR details. Thank you.
Good point!

How are the '15's moving through the country? I've heard they are in some WA and CA shops...have they made their way any further east yet?

I believe there are currently some significant factory rebates/incentives on '14 model year A and ES FJRs right now.
I guess I wasn't willing to risk that would happen. I might have missed the opportunity to get the bike I wanted in the color I wanted it in.

I just rode 10 hours around New England today, collecting photo tags. It was a glorious fall day. I would have missed out on that if I was waiting on one of these new gray bikes.

How are the '15's moving through the country? I've heard they are in some WA and CA shops...have they made their way any further east yet?

I think they are still moving by boat and truck, at this point.

Has anyone actually received a Gray Ghost (Graphite Gremlin) yet?

They're out in the wild!
Gonna check out the new ES on Saturday...providing Pops doesn't buy it first!
punk.gif

2015ES_zps126c2fb9.jpg

--G
Yes, Fred, Woodinville WA has one. This dealership [Ride Motorsports] have sold nine new & used FJR's in the last 30 days. That might explain why they have a 15 ES already. Anthony said they had 3 people in the store today just to look at it. Assume one was escapefjrtist.
laugh.png

...weighing the options Mark. CFO loves the color and has farkle plans to "make it ours" already in place.

Gotta determine if the upgrade cost is worth it - my current '09 is set-up well and is almost as smooth as GEN IIIs. Tough decision...
weirdsmiley.gif

--G

This is not good - the color is starting to appeal to me. I stopped and looked at the FZ in this color today. I recalled that someone did a bunch of carbon fiber inserts on their 14. They would look very nice in this scheme as well.

This is not good - the color is starting to appeal to me. I stopped and looked at the FZ in this color today. I recalled that someone did a bunch of carbon fiber inserts on their 14. They would look very nice in this scheme as well.
Not sure if you are referring to my '14ES that I applied carbon fiber vinyl to the side panels, tank trim and adjustable side vents? In either case, I agree that it would improve the look of tge '15 by providing some texture/pattern to break up all that black and charcoal.

Fred I see what you did there. The sad part is even if it looks great with two kids still in college I get to pay for one bike in the fall and another in the spring but not a single bike shows up.

re: College funding. BT DT x3. Got (a few) tee shirts.

All I can say in encouragement for you is: This too shall pass.
wink.png

Not sure if you are referring to my '14ES that I applied carbon fiber vinyl to the side panels, tank trim and adjustable side vents? In either case, I agree that it would improve the look of tge '15 by providing some texture/pattern to break up all that black and charcoal.
I have plans to do just this when I get my 15...... If I can get a grasp on the method, I think it'll look really nice....

I was even thinking a blue carbon fiber might look good.... since I'm planning on blue for the wheels, who knows - don't want to go too tacky though..... I'm more of a subtle guy in the looks dept....