2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to you both, Warpdrv and Redfish. Your patience has been rewarded.
yes2.gif

And so it begins... My salesman just called. I just placed my deposit for my dealership to order my 2015 FJR ES.
I should be more excited I think. I am positive Mrs. Redfish is going to be something similar to "excited" when she finds out I just ordered a new motorcycle.
Yahooie!! Most excellent news!! ....I know you'll be coming to some of the meets now
smile.png

Handing down the Honda ST?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha !! My 05 has been an extremely reliable machine to me, and caused me no grief....

I was looking hard at the 13, with cruise but it wasn't a game changer for me, when they announced the ES on the 14 I was sold on upgrading - but that color
bad.gif

Maybe not for some, the Graphite is right up my alley..... I also am of the thought of new models should get their time in the sun to work out all the issues, so waiting for the 15 was worth it to me.....

Roads up here get rough over winter and my old back just can't handle that nasty all the time - adjusting on the fly will be a welcome addition for me, while for those down in the southern areas - just might not be necessary add on....

Perhaps I should have thought twice before launching my Yamaha Raptor off 30ft jumps back in the day..... :( DOH

Welcome to the world of the inline 4 cylinder buzz, soft (dull gray colored) paint, non adjusting electronic suspension systems, auto folding side stands and sleepy bikes, vaporizing tires, etc., etc. In other words, never ending blissful riding enjoyment.

PS - Put your order in for your Russell now, before you even take delivery and those payments eat up all your disposable income.
wink.png

PPS - Warpdrv, surely you must realize that you are by far in the minority by not liking the 2014 color.

I mean, I could own a gray bike, if I otherwise wanted the bike enough It would make it less apt to show dirt, so I wouldn't feel a need to clean the bike, But gray just doesn't excite one the way a brighter color does. These are bikes after all, not utilitarian Honda Accords. FWIW, my wife's car is gunmetal gray, and I like that color a lot (on a car).

Your clam to be repulsed by the brighter colors is hard to get my head around, especially since you have owned the previously brightest FJR color all these years (Bass Bote Blue!).

Bikes = fun. Bright color = fun. Bikes should be bright colors! See... so simple.
wink.png

I knew it wouldn't take much more then that to get you all worked up again Fred...... Mission Accomplished
smile.png

FYI, it doesn't take much to get me excited - you can ask Ms Warpdrv, thankfully she doesn't mind my more then continual advances...

Thankfully Her either - Just Crack that Throttle WFO - gets her all hot and bothered, and that don't matter what color it comes in - FJR FTW !

Her input was of the same flavor as mine on the red...

I actually think the RED looks great in person, just not for us.... and nothing was mentioned about being repulsed by bright colors....

My Accord Coupe is that gun Metal Grey, guess I'll see what color I end up with on the C7 Vette one of these years....

Order is in already with Laam this time around, like the looks and hopefully the performances matches, guess we'll see how that "pans" out, picked up a set of seats from a guy on that other forum a few weeks back..... Got a used RDL front on the 05, but it was made for a bigger guy, I'll report back on the LAAM.

Ps - Toys are only paid for in cash in my world - my old mans wisdom holds some great truth....
Good things come to those who wait.... the wait is over !!

Congrats, Warpdrv and Redfish Hunter!

Looking forward to photos.

Meh, not so worked up, Warpdrv. I think we are both playing the same game of dodge ball. Fun but not serious.

Congrats to you on your pending order. And also to RFH and anyone else that decides to make the plunge in 2015. I'll admit right away that I was skeptical about buying a 1st year ES bike here in the US, and that was (partly) why I waited to so late in the year to bite.

But there were no really negative reports, I do like the bright red color (I am not particularly disappointed I missed another gray year) and everything just fell together for us.

The main point is, I think these are some truly great bikes. Who knows what lies ahead in the future with increasing pressure to be eco-friendly and fuel responsible.

In the oft quoted words of Keating:

"O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

Grab what little life you have left by the balls and make everything that you can of it. Wring that thing for all it's worth.

I'll be doing the same.

I think Fred is coming down with colorphobia syndrome. Green jackets, Red bikes, rusty orange jeeps. Sedate colors no longer exist in his world.

Me, I like hiding in the background unseen being more discreet.

Black & grey are beautiful,

Dave

You may be an old bastard Howie but your still quick.

emotions and quotes do not function on my laptop. otherwise I would give you the happy finger sign.

Dave

Ive never been a fan of Black Vehicles for my own personal collections - but I will say that Black paint on a car or truck makes me plenty of money - owning a high volume carwash in a prestigous neighborhood has its perks.... Black vehicles are job security for me

The main point is, I think these are some truly great bikes. Who knows what lies ahead in the future with increasing pressure to be eco-friendly and fuel responsible.

In the oft quoted words of Keating:

"O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.
That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

Grab what little life you have left by the balls and make everything that you can of it. Wring that thing for all it's worth.

I'll be doing the same.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ ...and now this thread is done.
rip_1.gif
no.gif

Just Looked at the 2015 Yamaha FJR 1300ES at Ride Motosports in Woodinville, WA. Wonder how long it would be before the other person living in this house noticed the bike was different. Here is another vote for that dark gray, looks expensive and gorgeous.

Just Looked at the 2015 Yamaha FJR 1300ES at Ride Motosports in Woodinville, WA. Wonder how long it would be before the other person living in this house noticed the bike was different. Here is another vote for that dark gray, looks expensive and gorgeous.
Go for it Dave. What's the worst that could happen.
rolleyes.gif

Wow! One on the floor already? That should get RFH all riled up.

Don't be a pussy Dave - just do it!

You may be an old bastard Howie but your still quick.
emotions and quotes do not function on my laptop. otherwise I would give you the happy finger sign.

Dave
Y'know, about 2 microseconds after I hit the "Post" button, I had a misgiving that some Politically Correct eff-tard would make some comment about my post being "racially insensitive."

It hasn't happened (yet) but if it does, you're more than welcome to send them "the happy finger" sign for me. :)