2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time's up MFers...
Yamaha has probably already thrown the dart at the price board and now they are waiting for the web guy to come back from President's day off, wake up and update the web site. BTW, as of 9:00 this morning m local Yamaha dealer hasn't had a price update yet either.

Time's up MFers...
Yamaha has probably already thrown the dart at the price board and now they are waiting for the web guy to come back from President's day off, wake up and update the web site. BTW, as of 9:00 this morning m local Yamaha dealer hasn't had a price update yet either.
That's why all US headquarters should be on EST...

Not sure where that magic February 16th date came from but it doesn't appear to be reliable.

My dealer still cannot get any information out of their Yamaha rep and suspects that they will once again be on dealer allocation. If they get only one, it's mine--the question is, when? I don't get it--doesn't Yamaha want to sell motorcycles? What is the point of all of the drama?

Yamaha USA in California is having some big "to do" thing today...that's where the magic date comes from. Your dealer should have known about that...mine did. The day is still early out on the left coast.

Not sure where that magic February 16th date came from but it doesn't appear to be reliable.
My dealer still cannot get any information out of their Yamaha rep and suspects that they will once again be on dealer allocation. If they get only one, it's mine--the question is, when? I don't get it--doesn't Yamaha want to sell motorcycles? What is the point of all of the drama?
Maybe some unexpected component-supply problem surfaced that's forcing them to delay the release date.

Yamaha USA in California is having some big "to do" thing today...that's where the magic date comes from. Your dealer should have known about that...mine did. The day is still early out on the left coast.
My dealer is the biggest in Houston and they can get no information from Yamaha--go figure. I know they're trying hard because I've been driving them crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
On Yamaha's website.

SUPERSPORT TOURING AT ITS FINEST

The 2016 FJR1300ES™ features an all‑new 6‑speed transmission, lean angle sensitive cornering headlight system, plus electronically adjusted suspension.

Starting at:
$17,990*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder why a $1,000 increase when the $USD is so strong and the exchange rate from other countries would put the US pricing around $14k?