2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys, I'm leaving home 6 weeks from today. It's time to start getting serious!!!
This appears to be a route that will get me there in 3 easy days and I don't have to ride the slab:

https://goo.gl/maps/iyoahVRtz3x

Google maps won't allow me to modify this route anymore (WTF???), so there are a few things I'd change (take Hwy 80 in Kentucky out of London, for example), but generally - what do ya'll think?

Cav47 and I talked about meeting a little closer to his house (southern IL) and then riding East from there. In that case, I'd run up the Western side of Tennessee (which I haven't seen too much).

Any input would be appreciated.
Well, if you do head north on Rt 2 in WV hopefully Hillbilly Hotdogs will be open in Lesage. Worth the stop in my opinion.

OK guys, I'm leaving home 6 weeks from today. It's time to start getting serious!!!
This appears to be a route that will get me there in 3 easy days and I don't have to ride the slab:

https://goo.gl/maps/iyoahVRtz3x

Google maps won't allow me to modify this route anymore (WTF???), so there are a few things I'd change (take Hwy 80 in Kentucky out of London, for example), but generally - what do ya'll think?

Cav47 and I talked about meeting a little closer to his house (southern IL) and then riding East from there. In that case, I'd run up the Western side of Tennessee (which I haven't seen too much).

Any input would be appreciated.
Well, if you do head north on Rt 2 in WV hopefully Hillbilly Hotdogs will be open in Lesage. Worth the stop in my opinion.
Let me tell you a small WV hotdog secret. Sams is a decent chain and there is nothing as good as Skeenies hotdogs in Charleston. Trust me I am ethnic WV and we know hotdogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on what time you go thru Coolville, the Cool Spot, which I guess is now a Go Mart, used to have a pretty killer restaurant inside. Huge portions at a fairly decent price. Rt 2N will be a 2 lane following the river. Rt 7 is also 2 lane until you get to Coolville, at which time it becomes a 4 lane.

Depending on what time you go thru Coolville, the Cool Spot, which I guess is now a Go Mart, used to have a pretty killer restaurant inside. Huge portions at a fairly decent price. Rt 2N will be a 2 lane following the river. Rt 7 is also 2 lane until you get to Coolville, at which time it becomes a 4 lane.
Other than to stop off at "Hillbilly Hotdogs" WV2 from Huntington, OH7 and OH50 will be a long boring slog to Marietta...JSNS

So perhaps out of Lesage (hopefully with a belly full of hot dog), hwy 218 through Crowne City Wildlife area in place of Hwy 2?

So perhaps out of Lesage (hopefully with a belly full of hot dog), hwy 218 through Crowne City Wildlife area in place of Hwy 2?
Yes.Other roads to consider in that area are...775,790,Hannon Trace,217and parts of 141.790 is a personal favorite and it ties into 218,Hannon Trace and 775 so it gives you a lot of options.It was really dirty last weekend,but hopefully it will be in better shape when you head up this way.It was paved two years ago.Also,Greazy Ridge road is a fun little sweeperfest but it has a lot of drive ways.

Yes.Other roads to consider in that area are...775,790,Hannon Trace,217and parts of 141.790 is a personal favorite and it ties into 218,Hannon Trace and 775 so it gives you a lot of options.It was really dirty last weekend,but hopefully it will be in better shape when you head up this way.It was paved two years ago.Also,Greazy Ridge road is a fun little sweeperfest but it has a lot of drive ways.
Listen to what Denny tells you...you won't be disappointed.

I'm not bringing sticky string this year, they're just bad luck.
Better make sure who ever you ride with has them. JSES
not_i.gif

11hz3ti.jpg

I hope you get some help if you need it.

I believe that is what we rode last year on your suggestion. One of those roads in there was closed. for the section we needed. Hopefully it is complete. I remember Hannon Trace.

Yeah I live across the road from Coolspot/Gomart. They still have the restaurant, and the food is still good.

Nothing to do with the Ramble but just wanted to say thanks for the info in this thread. Two of us are leaving tomorrow and will be looking for a place to overnight somewhere about two or three hours east of Lexington (Versailles to be exact). We also have to make a brief stop in Monongah which I'm thinking should be around 12:00-1:00-ish. Was wondering how to spend the time in the afternoon between the two and took some of your ideas here for both for routing and food. Very helpful.

Nothing to do with the Ramble but just wanted to say thanks for the info in this thread. Two of us are leaving tomorrow and will be looking for a place to overnight somewhere about two or three hours east of Lexington (Versailles to be exact). We also have to make a brief stop in Monongah which I'm thinking should be around 12:00-1:00-ish. Was wondering how to spend the time in the afternoon between the two and took some of your ideas here for both for routing and food. Very helpful.
Good luck...just be ready for every kind of weather. Safe travels

And now for a programming note.....

5 weeks (that's 1,2,3,4,and 5 counted on just ONE hand) from tomorrow, this fat ass is going to saddled up and heading northeast!!!!

In the immortal words of Wyatt Earp.... YEE HA!!!!

punk.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled lurking.....