2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm - had I known a belly rub would have put you over the edge, I would have offered a long time ago.
Well - whatever it takes....
Really? Wait until you meet Debbie. Then you will know.

Seriously...it looks like the schedule favors me making this ride. Still have to make some decisions on tech day.

Damm - had I known a belly rub would have put you over the edge, I would have offered a long time ago.

Seriously...it looks like the schedule favors me making this ride. Still have to make some decisions on tech day.
Yay!!! It just wouldn't be the same without FYB

Debbie's going to miss rubbing your belly FYB.
You're showing up.
Dude...don't get him going...I have to share a room with him
Joe if you ask nice i'm sure he will rub your belly as well.
Yeah, maybe...if I am the one drinking the shine!
No shine for you!!!
nono.gif

Well, she's not very happy with our weather of late, definitely a bikini season girlie, and... I think Bob "just" likes her Italian attitude ;)

Picture507_zps32491fe4.jpg

Well, she's not very happy with our weather of late, definitely a bikini season girlie, and... I think Bob "just" likes her Italian attitude
wink.png

No. I LOVE her Italian attitude. Make sure you tell her that too!

OK folks: I'm T-minus 4 weeks from departure now. I've been conversing with riding friends in TN, KY, NC, and SC. Hoping each of us can get together at some point in my journey.

It's time to check your tires, oil change, etc. If you need any of this, now is the time to order.

My bike is basically ready. I've got to repair a connection on my GPS power circuit wire, but that's not a big deal. Otherwise, I'm good.

Camping gear is also good to go.

I'm thinking about picking up a tablet if I can find one with a SD card reader slot. I see the benefit of having that on the bike trips. My camera has Wi-Fi, but I've tried to push a picture to photobucket from the camera and it resembles something like breaking the defense code.

I'm thinking about picking up a tablet if I can find one with a SD card reader slot. I see the benefit of having that on the bike trips. My camera has Wi-Fi, but I've tried to push a picture to photobucket from the camera and it resembles something like breaking the defense code.
I can recommend any of the new Samsung tablets. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it's amazing. I'm on my computer a lot less now.

I have to get new sneakers put on mine. PR2's have almost 12K on them and are not completely done yet, but no good for a trip. The trailer hitch has been transferred, so I will be taking that along. Just have to install the wiring harness. Came in the smile box yesterday.

Well, she's not very happy with our weather of late, definitely a bikini season girlie, and... I think Bob "just" likes her Italian attitude
wink.png

No. I LOVE her Italian attitude. Make sure you tell her that too!
She laughed and said she can't wait to see you and all the others again (she's a groupie now). I don't think I'm going to be stag riding much anymore, unless its xross Country.

Her No.1 will probably always be boating and jetskiing, I'm not complaining however, I likey it all!

kj_deb_a-bay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK folks: I'm T-minus 4 weeks from departure now. .....I'm thinking about picking up a tablet if I can find one with a SD card reader slot. I see the benefit of having that on the bike trips. My camera has Wi-Fi, but I've tried to push a picture to photobucket from the camera and it resembles something like breaking the defense code.
Being a computer nerd, I seem to be attracted to telemetry. That being said, I run 3 GPS devices on long trips.

- Built-in GPS has loaded turn by turn BaseCamp made .gpx file

- Smartphone has either speedo (shown) or Waze if on Interstates/Highways

- iPad4 has a googlemap overlay of the Basecamp route showing a live location (blue dot) within that loop or route.

DSC02236_zpswdtllb9w.jpg

All three serve totally different purposes. The iPad is very useful when looking at how far to go overall, where you are in the route, basically my map. I've also navigated solely from that as well when I want to ad-lib off the route.

I've gone from hardly ever getting off track, to NEVER getting off track. Sometimes shortcuts between via-points make the turn by turn GPS well... shortcut. Looking down at the overall route which is fixed and cannot be short-cutted between via points.... PRICELESS!

A tablet should be able to assist like my ipad. Go for it 'pants, telemetry is worth it's weight in gold!

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to cancel for SEOR. So there is a room available in the Microtel Marietta. I have to go to a conference in San Fran that weekend. We all have to make sacrifices! I've met FJRForum guys in both Daytona and at the Moonshine Lunch Run this year. We're everywhere!!