2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to cancel for SEOR. So there is a room available in the Microtel Marietta. I have to go to a conference in San Fran that weekend. We all have to make sacrifices! I've met FJRForum guys in both Daytona and at the Moonshine Lunch Run this year. We're everywhere!!
A few of us are headed down to SEO this weekend

We just finished up the SEOR Recon Ride. The roads were abused by nine riders and are destroyed. Flat, straight, boring roads just as I remembered. Don't bother going to SEOR. Nothing to see there. NOTHING TO SEE THERE I TELL YOU. Stay away!
rolleyes.gif

Take it easy, Joe!!! You'll wear that thing out before we even get to SEOR!!!

Has the sand/grit been washed off those straight, flat, and boring roads?

I spent a couple hours on the map this afternoon. I've discovered about 10 different ways to get to Marietta, ranging from 1,100 - 3,500 miles. I haven't figured out which one I will take.
bike.gif

The roads that Denny picked out for today's ride, where exceptionally clean. As far as your route up to Marietta...just get there.

I spent a couple hours on the map this afternoon. I've discovered about 10 different ways to get to Marietta, ranging from 1,100 - 3,500 miles. I haven't figured out which one I will take.
bike.gif
Joe won't wear out that new blue beauty. He says he still has to dial in the suspension. Coulda fooled us. He looked like he was on a track day tearin' up the asphalt. Once he gets it dialed in, nobody will be able to keep up with him.

bike.gif
Joe won't wear out that new blue beauty. He says he still has to dial in the suspension. Coulda fooled us. He looked like he was on a track day tearin' up the asphalt. Once he gets it dialed in, nobody will be able to keep up with him.

That's pretty funny Jeff...but if you recall, I followed you and Trevor for a good part of the morning...until I made a minor suspension adjustment. It can be a little bit of a challenge to get (9) bikes around slower traffic, on some of those roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's pretty funny Jeff...but if you recall, I followed you and Trevor for a good part of the morning...until I made a minor suspension adjustment. It can be a little bit of a challenge to get (9) bikes around slower traffic, on some of those roads.
Ray rebuilt my front forks last year. They are so nice now. It's kind of funny because I only ride aggressively when I'm following someone who knows the roads well. I usually ride maybe 10mph over around home due to the cops and I'm too cheap to pay for a performance award.

The rear of the bike is a little stiff for normal riding, but seems to perform well in the aggressive turns. On one of the right turns, I was daydreaming about the previous left I made. Put me way too hot into the hairpin right. Somehow I pulled it off with some last minute uncomfortable braking. Overall I was pleased with my early year riding. I'm usually so much more comfortable with a right hand turn.

Hey Joe,

Where are the pic's? AND

Who were those two guys that were with us ? One was on the 1000 BMW, the other was on the 14 FJR.

Both of those guys could really fly.

Pictures are posted on facebook, Ray. The guy on the red 14 is from Facebook. Denny said that the guy on the 14 was at the first Ramble...I think his name is Johnathan, when your brother and those two broke away from the rest of us on 555, I guess that dude scraped a Canyon Cage in a turn. That's just crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I am sitting here in my classroom "working" on a paper for my master's, this thread and a few others are the only thing that is keeping me sane.

Been conspiring with another member on an arrival plan on Friday. We are looking for some great routes to Marietta from the Bloomington Indiana area. If you have some routes in mind, shoot me a PM.