2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out if there is someone keeping track.

Well I can't download the routes into my Tom Tom GPS, and (thank GOD) I don't have any grandchildren yet.

But I'm not resolved to sucking my thumb just yet. No sir-re Bob (or FYB as the case may be).

I'm going to go with Plan Charlie. Surround myself with good people and get the hell out of their way!!! I'll just follow (if I can keep up) somebody else. One less distraction for Pants to worry about. Good heavens, that can't be a bad thing. We all know what happened in Colorado the last time Pants got distracted.

But I've looked at the JPEGS and them thar straight, flat, and boring roads look mighty tasty!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm out if there is someone keeping track.
Yeah, good thing you bowed out right after Marty posted those lame-ass boring routes......... don't blame ya at all!
punk.gif

Routes? LINK
The above link is to the routes we used in 2014. There are references on the routes to construction that was taking place in 2014 :construction: . Once again 2014.

I'm not redoing all these routes just to remove some construction references. I'm providing these as a courtesy, so no f'n complaining.. and I'm not taking responsibility for them working in your device.

Now having said that... the routes are in three different formats: .GDB, .GPX, and Streets & Trips 2013 .EST. I also included .JPG images of all the routes for you GPS challenged guys or to have as backup or for whatever. The link is to a dropbox file that has all of the routes broken out by file type. You're all big boys (except KJ) and should be able to figure it out :fool: . If you can't figure out how to download the files call one of your grandchildren you feeble old bastards :help: .

Now don't make me regret being nice... :hypocritesmiley:

Oh, and here's a LINK to real-time traffic and construction for SE OH. Click on the cone thing on the legend and it will give you the construction projects. Hover over the project for information.
Effen flat, straight, boring....

;)

(Maybe they will all go to WV and leave these roads to me)

Both my brothers will be joining us, but not until Saturday night.
I met one of your brothers, but your saying there is another one? and you're all going to be there? I'm looking forward to that. There are no letter

abbreviations about your brothers,
no.gif
and that's a good thing. Oh BTW....FYB
punk.gif

I need to know who is going to be at the hotel Thursday afternoon.

Don's photo and guest book will be returning from California; transit time from Me to Gregory in Cali had an ETA of Thursday. I think the best thing to do would be to send it to the hotel in Marietta.

I'll call the hotel and make sure they are ok with accepting the package Thursday for us.

wayne

If folks are arriving on Thursday evening, I may have to swing up and visit for a few. I had planned on taking half the day off on Friday since I'm leaving for Richmond as soon as the boy gets off the bus, but maybe I should just take the whole day and go riding for a few hours instead.....

Both my brothers will be joining us, but not until Saturday night.
I met one of your brothers, but your saying there is another one? and you're all going to be there? I'm looking forward to that. There are no letter

abbreviations about your brothers,
no.gif
and that's a good thing. Oh BTW....FYB
punk.gif
I love you too Petey!
bye.gif

If folks are arriving on Thursday evening, I may have to swing up and visit for a few. I had planned on taking half the day off on Friday since I'm leaving for Richmond as soon as the boy gets off the bus, but maybe I should just take the whole day and go riding for a few hours instead.....
Sounds like you talked yourself into it!

I'm taking off around 9 am Friday morning. I'll plan the route about fifteen minutes before that, while the wife is gearing up. Probably take 33 across Ohio to 550 to Marietta, we shall see . . .

Looking forward to it !

Josh and I are playing with our route to Marietta on Friday. It looks like our new meeting place on Friday morning will be around Dillsboro, IN. From there, we've got 300-ish miles to the hotel. Of course, this is all uncharted water for Pants, so stop-n-sniffs will be likely along the way.

I'd say we will be arriving right about happy hour. If we are a few minutes late, I trust you peeps will start without us.

I just ordered an Indiana paper map. I hope it gets to me in time. Somehow I didn't think I would be running much in that State.

At TechDayXII I got a little flack for being from OH and not being on board for the SEOR.

I'm in now.

Who still is looking for a roomie? (PM me please)

I plan on heading down Friday morning and staying until Sunday morning. When will the first round of runs foe the hills begin Friday? This is what will determine my shipout time from Columbus.

Last edited by a moderator: