2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excerpt from the "Pants get ready for SEOR" list:
..... ......

..... ......

Pick up Tequila.....................................................................Check

Pick up Rye Firewater.......................................................... Check

Try not to drink Tequila and Firewater before SEOR.......... fingers crossed....
What Tequila did you pick up?

The best tequila in the world....
Heradura Repasado
Really? Never had it. Last night, several of my co-workers and I stopped at a sports bar and did a few shots of Patron. I've also had Jose Cuervo Silver (I think that's what it was). Good Tequila is so smooth. Woke up with no hangover also. Although I didn't over do it either.
smile.png

A gentleman at our local card game brought a bottle of Don Julio 1942 on Thursday. This guy is a tequila snob for sure. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean the guy was offering shots of this stuff that is $100 bucks a bottle. He said that this bottle had been open too long and he was worried about it oxidizing since it had been open for 4 months.

Pants, I have to say, (from what I remember of your bottle of Tequila while at Jons) this may have been better, but I propose another test is necessary!!

For Pants, a bit off topic:

Pendleton 1910 Canadian Rye Whisky ($39.95, 40% / 80 Proof) – light gold in color, it’s clear that this whisky has been partially aged in more neutral oak. Canadian whisky can have as little as 40% rye content and be called rye, but Hood River has indicated that this whisky is 100% Canadian Rye. The nose on the 1910 is light and slightly sweet with light vanilla and butterscotch backed by light oak and a subtle tobacco note. The entry is easy and lightly sweet with a honey vanilla note at the front that morphs into a nice butterscotch note. Things get spicy in the midpalate with oak, black pepper, and tobacco notes jumping into the mix. The 1910 has a medium finish with light spice and some sweetness that quickly dries out and leaves your mouth fairly clean.

Now back to you lucky rat that get to ride in that boring flat area ....

Poolboy is the dude that turned me on to Rye. That Templeton's Rye whiskey is very good - especially for it's price point. Only recently have we started carrying it here. I shall like to venture out a little and try different Ryes. I'll see if they have that Canadian Rye here, Niehart.

I am also experimenting a little with Scotches. In my very limited trials, I seem to prefer the single malt version, but admittedly, I really don't know what I'm doing. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

OTOH - I know the difference between good tequila and the stuff they make margaritas with. I've tried at least 25 different kinds of tequila. Clearly, I like the Repasado better than the clear. Overwhelmingly, Heradura is my absolute favorite.

And I agree with FJRPitts - Tequila is the only alcohol I can drink any amount (straight or on the rocks only - no sugar added) and the next morning, have ZERO ill effects. This is why I like to take it on bike trips. If we are going to ride the next morning, better to feel up for it.

I tucked my two new bottles out of sight. Hopefully they will stay out of mind for another couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I agree with FJRPitts - Tequila is the only alcohol I can drink any amount (straight or on the rocks only - no sugar added) and the next morning, have ZERO ill effects. This is why I like to take it on bike trips. If we are going to ride the next morning, better to feel up for it.

I tucked my two new bottles out of sight. Hopefully they will stay out of mind for another couple of weeks.
I once heard Joe state that if you over do the moonshine, there are also zero I'll effects the next morning. You can get right up and ride early the next morning. Easy peazy.....

Bob,

I'm so glade that you will still be employed after the SEOR.

I really appreciate all those Social Security payments that you are making. Please tell your boss that I really appreciate his matching payments as well.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Well folks - 2 weeks from today, I'll be in full adventure mode in route to SEOR. Quite frankly, the wait has been kind of like watching paint dry....

I've got 1,500 miles on this set of tires. I'm anticipating 4000 miles on this trip, so I think I'm good on rubbers. (no pun intended).

I've got 9 days off work (13 days including weekends). I've already told Mama that I will get home when I get home.

Well folks - 2 weeks from today, I'll be in full adventure mode in route to SEOR. Quite frankly, the wait has been kind of like watching paint dry....
I've got 1,500 miles on this set of tires. I'm anticipating 4000 miles on this trip, so I think I'm good on rubbers. (no pun intended).

I've got 9 days off work (13 days including weekends). I've already told Mama that I will get home when I get home.
There is a second part to this

Sorry Joey, I am still laughing.

Peer pressure is a bitch.

And I'm so easily influenced.

The Boss who spends the paycheck thinks that it's a great idea to leave Thursday morning instead of Thursday after work or Friday morning.

Just waiting on the Boss who signs the paycheck to accept that this is way more important than work.

Fingers crossed.

AAAAAAAAAAAND APPROVED. I'll be riding in on Thursday with the rest of the local hoodlums.

Ok folks - we are getting down to the nitty gritty now. Less than 2 weeks for all of us, and Pants pulls out of the office (without looking back to be sure) about noon in ELEVEN Mo Fo days!!!!!!!

(Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!)

Let me bring it to ya from the heart..... If your shit ain't ready to ride yet, get your head out of the stinky end and get moving. Time is a wasting and we want you there!!!!!

I've got a good idea of how I'm getting to Ohio - it should be nice. Plenty of uncharted water for me.

At the risk of offering a (dare I type it) plan, would you guys consider a group photo in the parking lot of the hotel? Perhaps Saturday morning before we shove off to the straight and boring?

I think the red ones should be front and center - after all, they are the prettiest. JSNS........

^^^^

Who is this guy? The easy answer would be hppants...but something doesn't smell right...too much desperation, like a northerner who's been trying to outlive winter. I think Bust has hacked the account or sumpin.

No, no, no....no sissy red bikes, and group picture??? What the hell???

:D

Yeah - I got a little carried away with one of my favorite brews yesterday. Made me a bit giddy, I suppose. When the ABV tips 5% on the brewski, I've got to be mindful of that. Pants is a cheap drunk.

I mean... what was I thinking? It's not like peeps on this site like pictures or anything....
rolleyes.gif

Peer pressure is a bitch.

And I'm so easily influenced.

The Boss who spends the paycheck thinks that it's a great idea to leave Thursday morning instead of Thursday after work or Friday morning.

Just waiting on the Boss who signs the paycheck to accept that this is way more important than work.

Fingers crossed.

AAAAAAAAAAAND APPROVED. I'll be riding in on Thursday with the rest of the local hoodlums.
So are you unemployed or did you get the nod?
search.gif

Less than two weeks until SEOR and the unofficial start of the riding season! If you plan to attend and have not chimed in, please do so now so we can get a head count and know who to expect. If you have indicated you are coming but no cannot, please also chime in!

Can't wait..actually, I can because I need to change my front tire before I go, but this should be a great weekend of riding! Afterall, hppants is excited to join us for the first time!