2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Data,
As you're traveling east on 550, you'll come thru a little town called Sharpsburg. There's a BP station on the right as 550 goes right up the hill and 377 will go off to your left. If you've the time, take a peek inside. One of the more quirky shops you'll ever see on the inside.....
Sounds like a good place to get some fuel . . .

Thanks !
It's not a BP anymore to my knowledge. The BP sign has been removed, so idk if they sell gas anymore. I ride by it alot on my way home from work, I will check.

Here it is at 22:15 Mark

Also, on 676 not too far off 555, there's a 90 degree turn right after you crest a hill through a set of farm fields. It's easy to go in too deep and not get slowed down. There is another road that goes straight so if you blow through it, you can simply turn around.

Add me to the list.

I just booked a room for Fri/Sat. I'm only 4.5 hours away so depending on the agenda for Friday, I could be down there around 9-10AM if there is a group heading out for a run.

Add me to the list. I just booked a room for Fri/Sat. I'm only 4.5 hours away so depending on the agenda for Friday, I could be down there around 9-10AM if there is a group heading out for a run.
I'll keep that in mind Brandon...I could probably be down there around 10ish, but that would be if I take the less fun way down...maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch. I'll see what I can come up with.

Data,
As you're traveling east on 550, you'll come thru a little town called Sharpsburg. There's a BP station on the right as 550 goes right up the hill and 377 will go off to your left. If you've the time, take a peek inside. One of the more quirky shops you'll ever see on the inside.....
Good call there thompsonian.That's Gilchrist's convenience store...definitely NOT your typical convenience store.More like a 60's or 70's head shop with snacks,gas and fan belts.I assume they still sell gas.Athens and Meigs counties have a long history for leaning a little towards the hippy side of life and Gilchrist's keeps the spirit alive...the Meigs Gold era of SEO.

Besides,the best part of 550...the Sharpsberg Hill...is right behind Gilchrist's store.Then take Ray's advice and head North on 555 to get to 676 and take that all the way to Marietta.676 is one of the best roads you will be on all weekend and the section from 555 to the little town of Dale is about as twisty as you'll find in SEO.

Another point of interest on 676...when you get into Marietta 676 will come to a stop sign with a gas station directly in front of you.At the stop sign take a right,then take the next left and go until you t into another road and take another left.The Marietta overlook is up that road a few hundred yards.It's worth a look.

If you don't like my directions you could always google it.Our directions in the Buckeye state can be hard to follow,after all we determine North and South by,"is it by the lake or by the river."

Yep! Gilchrists does still sell gas. I was just out that way couple of days ago. Going up the hill was a little dirtier than coming down the hill.

Well - how about a little drama?

I just pulled a calf muscle playing tennis with my wife. The darn thing just popped.

I can't put any weight on it now. I sure hope it gets better soon.

I just pulled a calf muscle playing tennis with my wife. The darn thing just popped.

Never, EVER play tennis with your wife before an important FJR trip.

She might win.

Sorry, bad taste aside, I hope it's just a pulled muscle.

Just as long as it is your left leg. No problem! What the hell were you thinking anyway??

Pants, put ice on it.

I rode across the country with a pulled hamstring from...well, I thought I had the kickstand down, but didn't...

Anyway, the pain was pretty bad for about 3-States then gradually went away.

To hell with it. I didn't have any responses to someone needing a roomie so I just got one of the last 3 rooms available. Sucks that it's only 1 bed. Oh well I am in there like swimware. Lets get a few miles on the tires before I make my Canadian run this summer. By the way. I hear that hillbilly hotdog is the feast of kings. Who ever leads my dog ass slow group better know the way or I am going to treat them like a loved character on Game Of Thrones. You Dig??

Put this ^^^^ on the list of things you shouldn't do, and also on the list of things you should never post on a motorcycle forum if you get hurt doing it.

What you meant to type was, "You lifted a Ford F250 off of a stroller with one leg and tweaked your calf muscle"

Go to the doctor, Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Take some Aleve. Stay away from the Herradura. Call me in the morning. That will be $159 plus a co-pay. Thank you very much.

Seriously, get well

Get well.

stop doing that...but, what was the calf doing on the tennis court, anyway?

Recommended therapy for a pulled calf muscle:

Sit in an upright position, knees bent. While supporting the heel, move the front of the foot up and down, stretching the calf muscle. Repeat until you reach 5th gear, or Ohio, whichever allows the most exercise time.

You're welcome.