2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year.

Things are not turning out as well as I had hoped.

This has caused me to scale my trips back a bit.

I was really looking forward to the SEOR but will

have to wait till next year.

I will see many of you at other events throughout

the year.

Please ride safe and have a great time.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year.Things are not turning out as well as I had hoped.

the year.

That's too bad Robert. We will have to do a camping weekend sometime this summer.

I hear that hillbilly hotdog is the feast of kings.
We made a Hillbilly Hotdogs run at a Ramble a coupla years ago. Mixed in the Sisterville Ferry across the Ohio River as well. Do yourself a favor and plot a route between Sisterville and Hillbilly Hotdogs. I didn't but should have.
I plan to do a ride to Hillbilly Hotdogs on Friday. Route to Hillbilly Hotdogs via lots of roads that very few know or have ridden. Lots of variety, both fast stuff and technical stuff. All pavement- not any adventure or DS stuff. Kickstands up at 830. Takes about 3 hours to get there. Afternoon return route goes through Ripley, jumps on I77 near Ravenswood for a quick return. 265 mi total. Those who still want more on the way back can cross I77 & stay on twisties.

I ride a brisk pace, have a Sena 20s so I can link to others. I can lead up to about 5 people. (Already have 2 interested) PM me here or look me up at the hotel on Thur night if you are interested.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some riding!

Norm Kern

I hear that hillbilly hotdog is the feast of kings.
We made a Hillbilly Hotdogs run at a Ramble a coupla years ago. Mixed in the Sisterville Ferry across the Ohio River as well. Do yourself a favor and plot a route between Sisterville and Hillbilly Hotdogs. I didn't but should have.
I plan to do a ride to Hillbilly Hotdogs on Friday. Route to Hillbilly Hotdogs via lots of roads that very few know or have ridden. Lots of variety, both fast stuff and technical stuff. All pavement- not any adventure or DS stuff. Kickstands up at 830. Takes about 3 hours to get there. Afternoon return route goes through Ripley, jumps on I77 near Ravenswood for a quick return. 265 mi total. Those who still want more on the way back can cross I77 & stay on twisties.

I ride a brisk pace, have a Sena 20s so I can link to others. I can lead up to about 5 people. (Already have 2 interested) PM me here or look me up at the hotel on Thur night if you are interested.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and doing some riding!

Norm Kern
Hey Norm do you have a GPS route of the planned run?

OK guys, it's time for me to face some facts.

My leg is healing pretty good. Today, I got on the bike and I can put it on the side stand and the center stand. I can shift. My normal riding position is fairly comfortable. But I can't maneuver the bike with my left leg at all (backing up, paddling forward, etc). If I stretch my calf the wrong way, it sends me into orbit and I'm afraid the bike will fall. That's bad enough, but if it happens while I'm by myself, it would be really bad. Also, it's difficult for me to mount the bike with my camping bag on the pillion (think - high kick with my right leg and shove it through the rider seat gap by PUSHING with my left leg - ouch).

So I'm not gonna ride to SEOR this year.

Instead, MikeP is leaving Friday and I'm going to go with him. That will give me 4 more days to rest and hopefully get a little more motion in my leg. Our plan is to meet Intech and his brothers Sunday night in Watoga State Park, WV.

I'm pretty bummed about missing SEOR, but I hope to make it next year, and maybe see some of ya'll at another gathering this year.

If anyone is still looking for a roomie, I suppose Madmudder now has an opening.

I'll be following this thread and looking forward to hearing all of the stories and seeing the pictures.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm,

I might be interested as well.

I'm planning on being there Thursday afternoon. Not sure how drunk I'll be Friday morning.

Denny, call me when you get in.

OK guys, it's time for me to face some facts.My leg is healing pretty good. Today, I got on the bike and I can put it on the side stand and the center stand. I can shift. My normal riding position is fairly comfortable. But I can't maneuver the bike with my left leg at all (backing up, paddling forward, etc). If I stretch my calf the wrong way, it sends me into orbit and I'm afraid the bike will fall. That's bad enough, but if it happens while I'm by myself, it would be really bad. Also, it's difficult for me to mount the bike with my camping bag on the pillion (think - high kick with my right leg and shove it through the rider seat gap by PUSHING with my left leg - ouch).So I'm not gonna ride to SEOR this year.Instead, MikeP is leaving Friday and I'm going to go with him. That will give me 4 more days to rest and hopefully get a little more motion in my leg. Our plan is to meet Intech and his brothers Sunday night in Watoga State Park, WV.I'm pretty bummed about missing SEOR, but I hope to make it next year, and maybe see some of ya'll at another gathering this year.If anyone is still looking for a roomie, I suppose Madmudder now has an opening.I'll be following this thread and looking forward to hearing all of the stories and seeing the pictures.Cheers!
Tennis sucks. Hope to see you riding, somewhere...

Norm, hold a spot for me on the Friday ride. If anything comes up to prevent me getting there Thursday evening, you'll be the first to know. Thanks for the call today.

As plans have solidified, BlackandWhite (Mike) and I will be heading over from the Western side of Indy. I am meeting him at his house at 8:30 Eastern Time. We have a route to get to Shelbyville Indiana, but after that, we are open to suggestions. Maybe shoot through the gap( if any exists) between Cincy and Dayton.

Neither of us know the best ways into Marietta and would love to hear from some locals.

We are also looking for a place to eat on the East side of Cincy. Away from the chains and preferably a mom and pop place where the money stays local.

Additionally, is anyone else heading over that way around the same time?

Thanks in advance. Ride safe!!

Cav

Norm,
I might be interested as well.

I'm planning on being there Thursday afternoon. Not sure how drunk I'll be Friday morning.

Denny, call me when you get in.
I'm still working nights over in Fort Wayne so I'll probably just ride down Friday morning from Zanesville.I'll call you.

For everyone else( Ray already knows this)...Nearly every year ODOT paves some very good roads and late last year they paved 78 from Glouster to McConnelsville.I just got back from running a loop that included this section of 78.Anyone planning routes for this weekend really should pencil in this part of 78.If you asked people that know SEO to name their top 10 roads I would bet 78 would

be on nearly every list and in the top 5 on a lot of those lists.And right now it is in as good condition as you will ever find it.As a matter of fact,78 is in very good condition all the way from Glouster to Caldwell.As a friend from Lousville would say,"Come on down and getcha some."

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year.Things are not turning out as well as I had hoped.

the year.

No dislike button, so I'll quote instead. See you down the road, Robert.

Just a "fair warning" .....watched the extended forecast this am and they've mentioned the "R" word for Saturday. I'll keep an eye out and post if anything changes weather wise so folks can be prepared.

I am just fine with the R word Ride this weekend. It's been in my long range forecast for months
punk.gif

Well.....in all fairness...it is Relay for Life weekend here, big cancer fundraiser, and it ALWAYS does the R word during that weekend. Never fails.