2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny,

My FJR's in the shop, and I'm just getting back from vacation in HILTON HEAD

If the olde fj wasn't buried in the back of the garage I might have taken you up on an afternoon spin, hopefully

we'll get some more of this fantastic weather and I'll PM you for a ride.

Is it Spring yet?

Dastardly Dave. #65

I plan to try making this trip. Is there still rooms? Does someone want to share a room? Maybe I'll just start a new thread to ask that.

I've added a list to the first post of members who indicated they are attending.

Booked. Thurs. Fri. Sat. and maybe even Sun. if the weather cooperates.

Might even come down a day early if Bockelrider can get off work.

Allright - It's time for Pants to get in this game.

Is anybody considering camping?

Do any of the locals know of some closer camping accommodations? Obviously,, I'm not looking for a "Jim-Bob's corn field isn't planted yet and letting tenters squat earns me some beer money" type of campground. Just wondering if ya'll have any thoughts.

A quick google check tells me that there isn't much camping very close to the motel. I see Wolf Run State Park about 30 miles north off the I-77. Choosing that means no "refreshments" for Pants at the after-ride party.
uhoh.gif
And of course, there is the opportunity for a late night/early morning game of cat/mouse with the forest rats. That's always nice.....

Failing this, I could get a room and would like to share if anyone is interested in that.

Madam Luv-to-ride, I did see your separate thread on a room share. We have a different number of chromosomes and contrary to popular opinion (ZIP IT!!!), Pants is a Southern Gentleman.

I guess it's close enough to call it 3 months out!!!! (WOO HOO!!!!!!) OTOH, it's still 3 months out... (boo hoo).

That's cool hhpants, If I were to room with a gentleman... southern or not, I'd prefer to at least know him. Mucho understanding.

DRC - thanks for the offer, your link seems to provide everything I need to know. Thank you for sharing this. That is much closer than the State park. Lemme do some more sniffing around and if not, I'll prolly go with the motel.

DRC - thanks for the offer, your link seems to provide everything I need to know. Thank you for sharing this. That is much closer than the State park. Lemme do some more sniffing around and if not, I'll prolly go with the motel.
Camping is fine, if that's what you wanna do. But you really should just stay at the hotel...that's where all of the crazy shit happens.

Camping is fine, if that's what you wanna do. But you really should just stay at the hotel...that's where all of the crazy shit happens.
How will you be entertaining use at this meeting? Its going to be hard to beat your last accomplishment :)

How will you be entertaining use at this meeting? Its going to be hard to beat your last accomplishment
smile.png
lol!

How will you be entertaining use at this meeting? Its going to be hard to beat your last accomplishment
smile.png
...you'll have to find yourself another drunk guy to laugh at.
cigar.gif

smile.png
...you'll have to find yourself another drunk guy to laugh at.
cigar.gif
But i was laughing with you
lol.gif

How will you be entertaining use at this meeting? Its going to be hard to beat your last accomplishment :)
...you'll have to find yourself another drunk guy to laugh at. :cigar:
But i was laughing with you:lol2:
I was laughing too...till I got up to go riding, the next morning.

Last edited by a moderator: