2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been following this thread. Apparently the roads out that way suck.

But it looks like a bunch of new friends are heading that way, so I booked for Friday and Saturday nights.

I have not posted in this thread yet. I'm not sure it's worth such a long trip from where I live to simply ride straight, flat, boring roads. However, there might be a clown riding his new blue bike, so it could be worth it. <<undecided>>

DSC_0763_05-05-2014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Allen C,

Whoever said the roads in SE OH suck either doesn't know what they are talking about or don't know which ones to ride.

Have a good library of routes for the area, a Sena 20s, and don't mind leading a small group (5 or less) at a decent pace.

Thinking of tossing my helmet in the ring and coming over on Thur, going home on Sun.

Norm Kern

Hey Allen C,
Whoever said the roads in SE OH suck either doesn't know what they are talking about or don't know which ones to ride.

Have a good library of routes for the area, a Sena 20s, and don't mind leading a small group (5 or less) at a decent pace.

Thinking of tossing my helmet in the ring and coming over on Thur, going home on Sun.

Norm Kern
Sarcasm, Norm, just sarcasm...

Hey Allen C,

Norm Kern
Sarcasm, Norm, just sarcasm...
As Joe said, it is just sarcasm...and a little joke that riders familiar with the Ramble know is untrue! Join us and have a fun weekend of riding.

Hey Allen C,

Norm Kern
grin.gif

Yes, Mr. Kern, I was speaking facetiously. It doesn't take long on this forum to see the patterns of the organized rides. If it's a day trip, it's usually focused around food, with some (hopefully) exciting roads. If it's a weekend trip or longer, it's all about the roads.

I've never ridden in Ohio, and I'm very much looking forward to my first Ramble.

Then I guess it will be just like every other gathering I have made so far. Absolute snore.....

Hey Allen C,

Norm Kern
Sorry Norm. I heard that they are cancelling the Ramble this year.

The roads are just sucking worse than usual...and don't try and trick the outsiders into thinking there's some secret good roads around.

I mean cmon! It's Ohio!

Hey Allen C,

Norm Kern
Sorry Norm. I heard that they are cancelling the Ramble this year.

The roads are just sucking worse than usual...and don't try and trick the outsiders into thinking there's some secret good roads around.

I mean cmon! It's Ohio!
....and everyone knows Ohio is FLAT.
Hey Norm,I think you missed that sign for West Virginia when you were riding those good roads in what you thought was southeastern Ohio.Those signs can be kinda old and rusty around these parts,easy to miss.Did you notice a kinda big creek right before the riding got good?

Then I guess it will be just like every other gathering I have made so far. Absolute snore.....
Not If El Toro is in the house, his presence alone is worth going for
hi.gif
I have roomed with Joe, before. Actually we have done many trips together. He really wasn't all that funny. Just a plain ol' guy. Well, there was that moment of complete paranoia. That was a little humorous.

Not If El Toro is in the house, his presence alone is worth going for
hi.gif
I have roomed with Joe, before. Actually we have done many trips together. He really wasn't all that funny. Just a plain ol' guy. Well, there was that moment of complete paranoia. That was a little humorous.
Yeah...pretty funny, huh...

Appropriate slight thread jack.

Yesterday, my 20 year old son walked into my office as I was listening to a voice mail. The caller indicated that they wanted to talk about insurance for a very expensive item. After the call ended:

(son) "What will you do about that?"

(Pants) "First we have to do a risk assessment and see what it will take to secure this thing."

(son) "Will that be expensive?"

(Pants) "Well, we ain't gonna have Barney Fife watching it."

(son) "Who's Barney Fife?"

(Pants, laughing) "Ask you mother."

fool.gif