905 Crash Bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]BTW, the back sliders from Bike Design are no longer being made. Their site shows them in-stock/low availability but the shop owner has stated that, due to low demand, they are no longer in production.
Last week I went to Bike Design to get both of the sliders; The front sliders where in stock and are already on the bike. The back sliders will arrive tuesday, and will be put on the bike asap.

I'll let you all know if they arrive, and will post pictures when they are on the bike.

[...]BTW, the back sliders from Bike Design are no longer being made. Their site shows them in-stock/low availability but the shop owner has stated that, due to low demand, they are no longer in production.
Last week I went to Bike Design to get both of the sliders; The front sliders where in stock and are already on the bike. The back sliders will arrive tuesday, and will be put on the bike asap.

I'll let you all know if they arrive, and will post pictures when they are on the bike.
Excellent - the email seemed to be clear on these not being available. I wonder if I can buy the whole set still? You went to Bike Design in Belgium? I believe these saved my leg from serious damage.

Excellent - the email seemed to be clear on these not being available. I wonder if I can buy the whole set still? You went to Bike Design in Belgium? I believe these saved my leg from serious damage.
I went to Bike Design in the Netherlands. He said, they should be there this tuesday (he ordered them last thursday). I will let you know if i'll get them tomorrow. The front sliders are available for sure, I bought those last thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

I went to Bike Design in the Netherlands. He said, they should be there this tuesday (he ordered them last thursday). I will let you know if i'll get them tomorrow. The front sliders are available for sure, I bought those last thursday.
For those who wants to know: The back sliders are still available at Bike Design.

How much did those back sliders cost with shipping to the US?. I think I like the way these look better than 905's plus I don't think they will drag if you decide to get real low in a corner.

How much did those back sliders cost with shipping to the US?. I think I like the way these look better than 905's plus I don't think they will drag if you decide to get real low in a corner.
That I don't know. The front sliders cost me 75EURO, the back sliders put me back 149EURO. The Back sliders are quite wide, I think they will protect the cases as well.

The salesman told me they will only protect the bike from damage up to ~20-30kmh.

I just ordered some rears. 79.95 Euro + 25 S&H. So I did a quick conversion on google and should be in the vicinity of $146 USD at current rates. I may just cancel the 905 rears :huh:

I just ordered some rears. 79.95 Euro + 25 S&H. So I did a quick conversion on google and should be in the vicinity of $146 USD at current rates. I may just cancel the 905 rears :huh:
What is their web-site?

What is their web-site?
I ordered them @ https://www.bike-design.com . Language can be selected on the bottom left (direct english url = https://www.bike-design.com/language.php?l=en ). If people might have trouble with the dutch language (I don't know how good the salesmans english is), I might be of some help, just send me a pm or mail.

Those things look bomber! Somebody set up a GB!
I'm in if it's done...or I can try to do one, I guess

can't speak Dutch, but I can only afford homemade wood shoes these days
ready to send below message to Bike Design Benelux team.

any comment, advice, suggestions, gripes ???

re: Nr: CPYA-015A-Z

Quite a few of my fellow Yamaha FJR1300 owners on our www.fjrforum.com forum are interested in purchasing the above rear sliders kit. We wonder if you would be interested in offering a volume discount if a certain number of us purchase this product during a certain length of time you would set. We would be interested in the US$ amount of a single purchase and what the price break(s) would be for certain number of purchases and when the purchases would have to be made.

Also, there are two generations of FJR's

Gen I are 2003-2005

Gen II are 2006-2009

We would need to know that the product fits all these or just the Gen II's.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Mike

Michael H. Oliver

Metairie, Louisiana USA

suburb of New Orleans

mholiver at cox dot net or mholiver at patriotguard dot org

It looks like they'll keep the bags off the ground in a tipover? And let me use my hydration kits! A worthwhile investment!

Mike, the solicitation note looks good....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike.
Gallery with pics.

13052009048.jpg

I'm interested in that group buy. I'll be hoping for a good response and keeping on eye on here and on the group buy forum.

Alexi

HellCreep, I'm glad both you and your bike are OK. I think I would have died of a heart attack before the bike hit the ground thinking about the possible damage to such a work of art!

~Mark

Anyone drop tested them yet? I think those are far more attractive than the 905 rear bars, but I'm a tad concerned about bendage in a hard drop. Maybe they are more stout than they look in the pics.

I do not see those saving my bags in my get off, where-as I'm sure the 905 bars would have.

Just my $.02
hellcreep, paging Mr. Hellcreep to the white courtesy phone...

he crashed his FJR at SFO enough to bend the front crash bar from the group buy

no damage to any of the paint on the bike that I could see including the attached bags with the goth paintjob all around

post #90 here before crash bars, but with rear long sliders

hellcreep is gonna post some pics with crash bars soon enough