905 Crash Bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellcreep

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to leave a quick note about my experience with the 905 racing crash bars (front). Note I also use some Belgium back sliders.

This past week at SFO I crashed on the pig trail outside Eureka Springs on a double-back turn due to missed geometry / panic regarding another rider in front of me / rain / gravel. I am guessing I went down at between 15-20mph.

The 905 crash bars performed above & beyond: an 8 foot gauge in the road as my witness.

The bars are a bit bent but the engine and even the paint on the side I slid were *completely untouched*. Fortunately, I was okay too.

My windshield popped off. I bungied it to my back seat & continued riding for the next 8 hours.

In any case, these things did their job. I'll be ordering a new set here shortly. :)

--- hellcreep

Sorry for the crash, but happy that the bars performed beyond expectations! :clapping:

The best part is that you weren't hurt!!

Ride ON...

Don

Hellcreep,

Glad to hear your ok. Could you refresh me on the:

"Belgium back sliders."

WW

Didn't anyone tell you that you're supposed to keep the rubber side down??

Sheesh. I thought we talked about that.

:rolleyes:

Again - glad you're OK. Have you taken any pics of the sliders? I didn't make it over to check out your bike.

hcreep.jpg

hc3.jpg

Check Out Page 5 #90 in this thread

Hello all,
I wanted to leave a quick note about my experience with the 905 racing crash bars (front). Note I also use some Belgium back sliders.

This past week at SFO I crashed on the pig trail outside Eureka Springs on a double-back turn due to missed geometry / panic regarding another rider in front of me / rain / gravel. I am guessing I went down at between 15-20mph.

The 905 crash bars performed above & beyond: an 8 foot gauge in the road as my witness.

The bars are a bit bent but the engine and even the paint on the side I slid were *completely untouched*. Fortunately, I was okay too.

My windshield popped off. I bungied it to my back seat & continued riding for the next 8 hours.

In any case, these things did their job. I'll be ordering a new set here shortly. :)

--- hellcreep
Got a link to a website where I can buy a set of these crash bars?

tks.

go to www.racing905.com and click on the products button on the top of the page. Then click on rear hand brakes.

Holy shikes!

Damn glad you had them, cause that paint would have been spensive to replace. :)

Post pics if you gottem.

Has 905 seen photos of your bike, I'm sure they'd love it.

-MD

Awsome, we've had 2 testers already! They pass with flying colors. Just ordered some pegs from RIVCO to attach to mine. :rockwoot:

Oh, sorry to hear about the spill. Glad to hear your alright.

Awsome, we've had 2 testers already! They pass with flying colors. :rockwoot:
I sure hope I get the ones I paid for three months ago BEFORE I get to be "The guy who shouldn't have sold his sliders while he expected his crash bars to show up". :angry:

The frame is still intact but a crash bar and the main bolt is bent. I still have the crash bars on the bike and will snap some pics tomorrow.

I believe I have some pics getting developed of the crash-site with several feet of scrape on the way.

I'll put all the pics up on this thread soon!

---hellcreep

BTW, the back sliders from Bike Design are no longer being made. Their site shows them in-stock/low availability but the shop owner has stated that, due to low demand, they are no longer in production.