Anyone buy from this guy or gal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
I won the auction https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:B:EOIBSA:MT:11, paid with credit card on christmas & paypal sent me a reciete that he was paid & havn`t heard from him since. I emailed him 2 times & still nothing. I hope it`s not a forum member here , as in a couple of days i`ll have to report it too ebay & leave neg feed back (which i have never done yet) The money amount is small , but it`s just the point of not returning emails.

I think that this might be "Alex" on this site.

It is really not good business for the Ebay seller not to return your emails... but it is WAY too early to be leaving negative feedback.

I buy on Ebay quite a bit & have had several instances where I emailed the seller about my purchase just to not have my email answered... & then the item shows up at my door.

Not that unusual.

Just my opinion also,

Heidi

Edited to add: I just looked. The Ebay seller is in Nebraska & Alex's profile shows that he lives in Nebraska. I think that it's safe to say that it is him. Try PMing him here. I realize that you shouldn't need to but there may possibly some extenuating circumstances as to why this happened.

Who knows... anyway, good luck. You won't be disappointed with these reflectors. I have the same ones on my bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this might be "Alex" on this site.
It is. Sent him an e-mail from here about this thread.

Alex is a great guy, has done custom stickers for NAFO and WFO-6, and I want to believe this is anomaly.

If it makes you feel any better I ordered the bag decals from him on 12/15 and they took a little over a week to get here before the holidays. Between Christmas and New Years I am sure that the mail is all screwed up not to mention he may have taken some time off so I would give it a few more days before getting too worked up. JMO

If it makes you feel any better I ordered the bag decals from him on 12/15 and they took a little over a week to get here before the holidays. Between Christmas and New Years I am sure that the mail is all screwed up not to mention he may have taken some time off so I would give it a few more days before getting too worked up. JMO
Holidays are terrible for mailing stuff , as for taking time off , if your not going to be around DON`T have an auction. The name sounded like i have seen it before & for neg feed back it takes me quite a long time to even consider it & never did yet & sure don`t plan on it. I did send another email to him right after i posted here & sent him the auction & a copy of the reciete & gave my address (just in case)

Hope my warnig level don`t go up (been a good boy so far)

Many of us have purchased from him, all positive. You have an Admin sending PM's to him in your best interest. I understand you might be feeling anxious, having sent money and have nothing to show for it. He does have 100% feedback so I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

Holidays are terrible for mailing stuff , as for taking time off , if your not going to be around DON`T have an auction. The name sounded like i have seen it before & for neg feed back it takes me quite a long time to even consider it & never did yet & sure don`t plan on it. I did send another email to him right after i posted here & sent him the auction & a copy of the reciete & gave my address (just in case)
I've replied to your email that you sent about an hour ago. Sorry for the delay. I received your email yesterday about leaving feedback and forgot to reply back. ( I receive lots of emails on my Black Berry and don't like responding on it. ) Then I end up forgetting to get back sometimes.

Your decals are well on the way and should be in your box today or tomorrow.

I'm sorry this was frustrating for you.

Take care,

Alex

Holidays are terrible for mailing stuff , as for taking time off , if your not going to be around DON`T have an auction. Hope my warnig level don`t go up (been a good boy so far)
Ok but it's not really an auction, it's his eBay store. I'm sure based on my experience and the feedback from others that he caused no intentional ill will. I hope it all works out. :rolleyes:

Well after checking members map (it`s him) & now i wish i saw his site before ebay & would have just bought right thru him & now i see he has the ones that would match my 07 perfectly. (silver FJR writing & maroon Yami decal) Maybe i`ll have to order them someday & not install the ones i won on ebay. Since he`s a good member here i`ll completely slack off.

Well after checking members map (it`s him) & now i wish i saw his site before ebay & would have just bought right thru him & now i see he has the ones that would match my 07 perfectly. (silver FJR writing & maroon Yami decal) Maybe i`ll have to order them someday & not install the ones i won on ebay. Since he`s a good member here i`ll completely slack off.
I'll just send you the version that you would like for your 07 today then. (mail hasn't gone out yet) Just send back the origional set please. PM me back if that is what you would like.

I've replied to your email that you sent about an hour ago. Sorry for the delay. I received your email yesterday about leaving feedback and forgot to reply back. ( I receive lots of emails on my Black Berry and don't like responding on it. ) Then I end up forgetting to get back sometimes.

Your decals are well on the way and should be in your box today or tomorrow.

I'm sorry this was frustrating for you.

Take care,

Alex
Thank you !! It wasn`t the money part of it (way less than an hours pay) You see a little while back i won some wheels on ebay for my 76 goldwing & kept sending emails to this person that the auction had endid 2 weeks eairlier & no replys . Well after a month & a 1/2 , i had finally heard from him & said they were on there way (only to show up 3 weeks later & rear rim bent) :angry2: As i said in a post above this i should have bought straight from you instead. Maybe in a week or 2 i`ll buy another set (silver FJR & red Yami decal) so keep atleast 1 set in stock

I'll just send you the version that you would like for your 07 today then. (mail hasn't gone out yet) Just send back the origional set please. PM me back if that is what you would like.
Can't ask for much more than that!!!

Can't ask for much more than that!!!
No you can`t so i`m buying 2 of them , L.i hey `im a trans plant from Lynbrook area. miss the people , but hate the roads , just too many cars.

Ditto on the slow ass snail mail!!! I too purchased some items on ebay and other sites, it's still trickling in!!! I figure a lot of places were shut down between Christmas and New Years as well.

Glad to see he did not go Skyway on you and will be shipping the item. I am glad I read this thread and will pick a set up.

Alex: Do you have a website I can buy from outside of ebay?

L.i hey `im a trans plant from Lynbrook area. miss the people , but hate the roads , just too many cars.
I grew up in Bay Shore and moved East to Yaphank.

I won't miss the people OR the roads.

Family obligations keep me here but other than that, I'm not a fan of the sandbar.

Still have mom & bro living in lynbrook & have buddies living in Merrick & Bellmore & Freeport & also have cousins living out in suffolk county . The thing i remember the best on L.i. was when i was a kid going out to Greenport & trying to run on the rocky beach (no sand just friggen rocks) great blue fishing though.

Hope to be there sometime in Merrick to hook up with my good buddy for some riding , this coming summer (he rides a BMW, but he sure can ride) He likes to go to bear mountain every so often & ride the twistie roads in Orange county.

Glad it all worked out. Customer service is what it's about. I know Alex is good with that. I bought my bag reflector tape from Alex on ebay about a year ago. I E-mailed him questions etc, great responses to my questions. I was glad to see he was also here on this forum.

Alex is Aces in my book!