Mini-Rant from Reno ..... suggetsions moving forward?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John

I have made a word file with all the neg feedback for daredevildoodoo, if you want me to send it to you let me know, there are 2 neg feedbacks he left as a buyer and they show he's not taking any crap when the shoe is on the other foot...

Alfredo

John
I have made a word file with all the neg feedback for daredevildoodoo, if you want me to send it to you let me know, there are 2 neg feedbacks he left as a buyer and they show he's not taking any crap when the shoe is on the other foot...

Alfredo
Golly, that would be swell, if you don't mind, send it to my email which is in my profile.

Totally groovy of ya.

thanks

Hi John,

I am kind of late to this post - sorry for you getting into this rip-off. I second Fairlainer's suggestion with the claim through PayPal. I did that twice in the last ten years, once for getting something broken, and once for getting a completely different product from what was on the auction. Both times the guys seemed deadbeats, didn't answer any emails after the original, and even though it took a while, in the end PayPal did refund the full amount in both cases. But in both cases I immediately sent the stuff back to the sender address on the box, even without getting any email confirmation to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle-of-the-night-darkness, during a heavy snowstorm, I get an email from the Paypal folks that they have reached a decision

It did not go my way.

I'm not surprised, but a bit disappointed. I have no doubt that my complaint was justified, but I got out-maneuvered by someone who knows the system well. (the seller)

This seller was not forthcoming on the damage, no doubt on purpose. He only replied to one of my polite requests for resolution ...and his words ended with "...better luck in the future"

Doing the paypal/Ebay claim thing was interesting, my first time around doing it after 8yeasr of stellar transactions.

Turns out this seller is no stranger to claims as he's been involved in many ...It seems he knows how to work the "system". How this seller has 100%feedback with 700items is hard to believe, but there is a weird way that Ebay calculates that percentage, and again I believe the seller knows the system and surely the claim system. Thanks bikesniffer for digging up and providing me with his antics on other claims.

Surely hindsight is 20/20 and a few things that seem obvious now:

* close up pics of the item. I didn't ask because the buyer's description didn't warrant it -and he seemed forthcoming on other questions, and, of course the stellar Ebay rating.

* I was too pussy on my claim. I offered him two options that I also put in the Paypal claim as possible remedies.

a.) take item back for full refund

b.) knock 200bucks off the price and I'll use that to attempt to get them in described condition.

Hindsight, I should have gone balls to the wall with a full refund and not dicked around

* I went through the claim wizzard which is a bit confusing if you don't know the system. Hindsight I should have got on the phone with a claims person and got coached on the whole thing. Their system really isn't designed for a compromise such as my item "b" above and that wishy-washy-ness hurt me I believe.

* One suggestion on this thread was to: Immediately send the item back with a tracking number and file a claim. I've thought a lot about this, and, it might very well be golden advice. My concerns is that with this seller I'm not sure what would have happened. But, I'd like it to do over again and find out!!! LOL no doubt.

*oh, a few suggested paying through PayPal with a credit card. Often I do ..but I've had good luck with PayPal, ...and when this transaction occurred I had a quite a bit of cash sitting in my PayPal account and using it up seemed easy, convenient, practical. Hindsight, sure I'd like it to do over. However in conversation with some folks, it might not have made a difference, but I think it wouldn't have hurt to have my credit card company in the game on my side.

I'm not bitter by any means, lesson learned and 8years of awesome ebay experiences I'm really impressed and it has been a great resource for me. While this event didn't go my way, I'm glad that at least there is a system in place to dispute, and that is something you don't find on Craigs, forums etc.

So, now what to do with these things?? LOL,

I'll always be a fan of Staintunes, but I've put this pair in the rearview mirror. I now have a brad new set of beautiful Titanium (Muzzzy) ready to install on the bike. Oh, and worked a deal, got three sets of cores (variety of loudness) so I've got some flexibility and won't be worrying about buying repacking stuff for quite a while.

I'm going to talk to some local folks about getting these Staintunes cleaned up --with the scratches/scrapes removed, they'll actually look pretty good. The dents I don't believe much can be done with ...but they're pretty mild and not really in the common line of site.

Not sure what they're worth, but open to offers as well as suggestions onhow to make something out of them.

here is a pretty fair/honest picture of the exaust:

100418_4Sale%20(26).jpg

Yep, there is an address in Tigard that I'll keep handy. Never know, when i'm in the area, might want to say hello and put a face to the butt-fucking that I caught the wrong end of.

And those who helped me rant on this thread ...thanks for all the advice and fun ...some good laughs, and ain't much better than a good laugh.

RJ

I would like to deal you out of them. give me a shout 541-536-8556. that rings in my shop and there is a machine on it if I'm out. I can deal with the cosmetics so think about what you need for them as is.

Middle-of-the-night-darkness, during a heavy snowstorm, I get an email from the Paypal folks that they have reached a decision
It did not go my way.

I'm not surprised, but a bit disappointed. I have no doubt that my complaint was justified, but I got out-maneuvered by someone who knows the system well. (the seller)
Sorry this went bad for you John :( It's easy to write off as "lessons learned the hard way" --- but this would piss me off ... for a long time. I expect to be treated the way I'd treat others .. naive I know. I hope BAD karma bites this guys arse really soon. Your experience puts me right off e-bay !

Well, I hope the guy's feedback is no longer 100%. I have only used Ebay a couple of times and both times were positive experiences, but there are a lot of dirt bags out there who make a living off of us regular guys who expect to be treated the same way we treat other people.

One thing I don't understand is the concept that you can't return something if you determine it is not what you expected. The default should favor the buyer instead of the seller. I never buy from reputable retailers without the ability to return the product. That ability would be even more important when dealing with an unknown.

At least you aren't the buyer of the FJR with '03 lowers, who knows what other issues, and the salvage title with his auction's warnings that if you buy it, you're stuck with it! F*cker's probably grinning his ass off at that sale; you were just warm up sex for that one, RJ.

Glad I wasn't unlucky enough to get into a transaction with that douche -- life really is too short. BUTT . . . if I had, we'd have had serious, prolonged, unnatural sex THE HARD WAY. I note that Oregon does indeed have an order of examination process -- GAWD, I'm getting hard just thinking about that!

I see the seller is still checking in here -- just yesterday afternoon. Dogpile tomorrow? Howabout it daredevildoo? You up for checking in to participate?

BTW, RJ -- I take it that taking those pieces of shit out to the desert to ventilate them with lead is off the table?

I sold memory stick on Ebay last fall and took payment via PayPal.

Buyer said "not what was pictured in the auction" and opened a dispute. Paypal said "if he sends it back will you refund" and I said YES.

Buyer sent back a different memory with a transplanted sticker. Tracking showed I received it, so Paypal reversed the transaction.

I was left with a non-functional memory stick, and was out shipping.

Buyer had a functional memory stick, and was out shipping.

I called Paypal, they asked (verbatim) "was there a rock in the box?". I said "no, but he didn't send back what I sent him". They refused to take the case further and found for the buyer. Then .. I couldn't leave negative feedback. Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers. But the buyer left negative feedback for me.

But I let it go, and learned to never sell anything expensive on Paypal again.

The memory only cost $5 anyway, and shipping was $1.82.

I see the seller is still checking in here -- just yesterday afternoon. Dogpile tomorrow? Howabout it daredevildoo? You up for checking in to participate?
BTW, RJ -- I take it that taking those pieces of shit out to the desert to ventilate them with lead is off the table?
Do a good old fashioned Wenzel on him? I like that idea!

If you do ventilate them, I'd bet they sound pretty wicked.
shooting.gif

A good old fashioned Wenzeling? I like that idea!
:lol: Had to go to the urban dictionary for that one.

First came across this one: NWS and then this one: now I'm confused . . . kinda. So, who is doing what to whom? :unsure:

Maybe (and of course you advertise them as sounding pretty wicked). But what I was mostly wondering was what a dozen or so .44 mag holes would look like on the exit side (you know -- the side you don't show in your pics when reselling them). ;)

Yep, there is an address in Tigard that I'll keep handy. Never know, when i'm in the area, might want to say hello and put a face to the butt-fucking that I caught the wrong end of.
And those who helped me rant on this thread ...thanks for all the advice and fun ...some good laughs, and ain't much better than a good laugh.

RJ
Classy, RJ. I've read this whole thread. and am angry on your behalf. Sorry things ended up the way they did but your decision to let it go at this point, and move on shows dignity on your part.

Glad I wasn't unlucky enough to get into a transaction with that douche -- life really is too short. BUTT . . . if I had, we'd have had serious, prolonged, unnatural sex THE HARD WAY. I note that Oregon does indeed have an order of examination process -- GAWD, I'm getting hard just thinking about that!
From how you say it - it would have been the seller who would be the unlucky one - but very deserving of that examination with the proverbial cattle prod nonetheless. A lowlife scum and petty thief is all that he is, living off of a few hundred swindled here and there from good honest people, what a pathetic way to live his life.

Like I said before, if you funded the purchase from a credit card simply file a complaint with them - you'll get your money back AND you'll have the exhausts. Paypal won;t be getting the money and they'll certainly debit the deadbeat.

Like I said before, if you funded the purchase from a credit card simply file a complaint with them - you'll get your money back AND you'll have the exhausts. Paypal won;t be getting the money and they'll certainly debit the deadbeat.
He clearly stated that he did not use a credit card, but money he already had on his Paypal account!

I would like to deal you out of them. give me a shout 541-536-8556. that rings in my shop and there is a machine on it if I'm out. I can deal with the cosmetics so think about what you need for them as is.
Ray, I sure appreciate it as well as your fun. I'm talking to a couple of metal guyz in the next days. Not sure what I'll be doing with them, a few folk have expressed interest, I'll surely keep you in the loop. You've certainly got the attitude for these things!! thanks.

[.... I know. I hope BAD karma bites this guys arse really soon. Your experience puts me right off e-bay !
Rog, I too believe that karma comes around .....and I'm not done with Ebay. In the big picture my results have been stellar, over many years. And at least Ebay does have a program in place for disputes, while it didn't go my way, at least there is something in place. More coin lost by sales from unscrupulous forum members than ebay.

At least you aren't the buyer of the FJR with '03 lowers, who knows what other issues, and the salvage title with his auction's warnings that if you buy it, you're stuck with it! F*cker's probably grinning his ass off at that sale; you were just warm up sex for that one, RJ.

Rich, I can't help but continue to wonder how the big transaction went down. That bike deal had trouble written all over it ...with the bad title, salvage bike ....And you and I both know there was no coincidence of the (salvage) bike being posted AFTER the sale of the exhaust. thanks for your uncovering much of the truth on the matter ...as well as your fun. YES, my BF'ing was just foreplay before the raping that likely happened on the big transaction.

Do a good old fashioned Wenzel on him? I like that idea!

shooting.gif
You funny. If they weren't Staintunes I'd be all for the desert. ....Uhh, and I'm still trying to figure out Wenzel ;-)

RJ
Classy, RJ. I've read this whole thread. and am angry on your behalf. Sorry things ended up the way they did but your decision to let it go at this point, and move on shows dignity on your part.
Babe, you now I ain't classy, but I appreciate the comment. Too many positive things in life to get in a downer over this. Are you coming to Tigard with me?