Anyone buy from this guy or gal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see he did not go Skyway on you and will be shipping the item. I am glad I read this thread and will pick a set up.
Alex: Do you have a website I can buy from outside of ebay?
I'm not Alex, but I know the answer, having ordered two sets :)

LINKY HERE
Thanks twistedcricket! :clapping: I just ordered a set in the plain black.

Last edited by a moderator:
kumbaya.jpg

My bike has been Alex'd and I met him at WFO in Reno. Good guy. Your stuff will be on it's way I am sure. :yahoo:

I am just short of amazed that people think they win something on an auction site. You pay for the right to purchase and most of the time you can purchase elsewhere for the same price or lower for the same items. I guess the advertising saying you win must work.

I am just short of amazed that people think they win something on an auction site. You pay for the right to purchase and most of the time you can purchase elsewhere for the same price or lower for the same items. I guess the advertising saying you win must work.
Depends. There is quite a bit of stuff on ebay that is higher than what can befound using a good search engine however if you have a specific model number and are willing to search, Ebay can be a very good source for some stuff. I have made some terrific deals on there. IMO, it is just another 'site' for me to check when looking to buy something. 3/4 of the time the stuff is more expensive but 1/4 of the time it has turned out to be a great deal.

Unfortunately items like Oral B refills, razor blades and the like that are such a good deal are often stolen.

I mostly use ebay for stuff for my older Goldwings , as parts are hard to come by & if you can find it new it has a huge price tag on it. But then again i have bought stuff from forum members on other forums that sell certain items , only to find out later i could have purchased it cheaper somewhere else. (but remember they will help you anyway they can if there is a problem & some big company`s won`t)

For a guy restoring an old bike, Fleabay is absolutely indispensable, one of the best resources around. But, like anything else, Caveat Emptor.

I bought my bike, brand new, on eBay, for $11,800, when no one else in the Central Texas area was coming $1 off the MSRP, which I believe was at least $2K higher. After shipping, it was still a hell of a deal.