Anyone using Muzzy's cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

650cent

Reaction score
Hey,

I noticed Muzzy's has several different flavors of slip-on's and was wondering if anybody has them on. According to their web site it looks like they have a full system too. Check them out at https://www.muzzys.com/FJR1300/index.html

I think the only draw back is having to repack them once in a while, but maybe that is no big deal.

Bill

Hmm...kinda odd that no one had any interest in this, especially since there appears to be a full system for a decent price. Whassup widat peeps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm there with the 4 into 1,i checked them last fall and didn't see anything listed.

I have had there systems on my old zx11 and zx12. Good build quality and sound.

As confusing a listing as I can imagine.

1016-00077 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Titanium Exhaust System 962.95 Details

1016-00076 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Stainless Exhaust System 748.95 Details

1016-00079 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Titanium Exhaust System 962.95 Details

Click on one for details-and get no details. Could be why no one is praising to heaven their new Muzzy's. <_<

As confusing a listing as I can imagine.
1016-00077 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Titanium Exhaust System 962.95 Details

1016-00076 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Stainless Exhaust System 748.95 Details

1016-00079 2003-2005 FJR1300 Stainless Oval Titanium Exhaust System 962.95 Details

Click on one for details-and get no details. Could be why no one is praising to heaven their new Muzzy's. <_<
Rob Muzzy is a pretty savy guy, but maybe that does not extend to his Marketing skills. I too have to wonder why some of the folks here are not all over this full system. Maybe I'll give him a call and see what they say about it.

I guess i would be interested if they offer a quiet core for their

muffler. Most of their systems are straight through.

Click on one for details-and get no details. Could be why no one is praising to heaven their new Muzzy's.
I hear ya. But I don't remember seeing a whole lot of details, much less pictures, posted for the Dale Walker system either. And people seem to be all over that, waiting for that system like nothing else was available. Lo and behold, here's Muzzy with a full system and no one knew about it? Haven't seen any other posts about it anyway. Wierd. :dribble:

All of Muzzy's listings seem to be for a pipe and cans together. Wonder if he'd sell just the pipe for use with cans from another supplier like Dale does?

All one has to do is design the headpipes to allow stock muff installs. This way, every aftermarket system out there will fit. If you've offered slip-ons up to this point, you're halfway there.

I called Muzzy today. There full system is a 4 into 1...does not use two cans. It is supposed to be a little noisy.

Hey,

I like the Muzzy cans and have heard they are good quality. I guess if their system was 4 to 2 it would cost more $$. It sure would open up the left side though with a 4 to 1. I might go with just replacing the OEM cans. How hard can it be to repack once in a while? Plus they are from my neck of the woods, over in Bend, OR I believe. Hey, Bike thanks for making the phone call and getting the scoop.

Bill

Dale posts to our site personally and is a Guru in the performance market. His system is exceptional. His product reputation speaks for itself just not in great volume in the FJR community but many others. He puts no product out that does not produce results. Plus how would the 4 into 1 balance the FJR? To each his own I guess. I have had direct personal dealings with Dale and cannot say enough good things about him and his product. JMHO but he is a great guy. Plus his system deals with the heat issue which I don't ever recall hearing about the other products. This debate could go on forever with everyones opinion on different product, people etc. Thats a good thing.

I called Muzzy today. There full system is a 4 into 1...does not use two cans. It is supposed to be a little noisy.
Hey Fred,

Can I still use my hard bags with the Muzzy system? I like a loud pipe cuz I can hear my bike when my MP3 player is changing songs from Metallica to Black Sabbath :punk:

I'm not going to be putting a header on my FJR -- get that outta my system on the XX. I'm curious about Muzzy's system for the FJR, though: is it really a 4-1, or a 4-2-1??

The good old days of the 4-1 Kerker receded for a couple reasons. Back then, the stock exhaust systems were so poorly engineered for power that putting any engineered header system on the bike yielded large improvements (plus the need to watch the tach to avoid overrevving and nasty valve to piston collisions). I didn't have a rev limiter on my Z1, and before the Kerker, it was no threat to overrev; with the Kerker, it was another story. Today, OEM header systems are a lot better engineered for HP and torque gains.

Most 4-1 systems have a big mid range flat spot in exchange for an arm stretching surge when the bike comes on the pipe higher in the rev range. A 4-2-1 doesn't usually give as much of a boost at the top, but provides a smoother curve throughout the range. When I was looking for a pipe for the XX, I recall seeing true 4-1 pipes from Muzzy, NOT 4-2-1. Nice for a race bike that will live in that rpm range, but anemia somewhere between 3000 and 6000 rpms is not what I'd want in a street bike. That's why I asked the question in the first paragraph.

Everything's a compromise.

I'll admit I'm not the most motorcycle savvy person on this forum.

Thank God I'm not the least, either, but I do believe this is not a single muffler system.

So either this

is apocryphal info from an ignorant Muzzy phone person, or this:

FJR1300_DOCF.jpg

is a terrific Photoshop job. :)

The picture with the 2 muzzy cans is their dual slip on system. The full system is a single can system. :agent:

Called Starcycle.com for a price. Complete system with aluminum can $549,

so thats almost $100 off listed price.Calling back monday to get the extra charge

for the quiet core muffler,guy said around $30. For this price i'm gonna get it.

Maybe if it warms up over 35 degree's i'll put it on :D