April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John what about riding to Torrance for Friday night ( you can spent the night here, and i won't make u camp in back yard) and then we ride up together Saturday am.....of course we will have to leave early to make up for the bends on highway 1 but it is doable........ :clapping: :clapping:

R

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm riding to Cambria starting Friday AM. If it's raining hard, I'll get a room. If fairly dry, camping at San Simeon Park Friday & Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
John what about riding to Torrance for Friday night ( you can spent the night here, and i won't make u camp in back yard) and then we ride up together Saturday am.....of course we will have to leave early to make up for the bends on highway 1 but it is doable........ :clapping: :clapping:

R
I think this might be a good idea. I will call you later.

Last year one of my riding instructors was killed by a moron who did not know how to drive in the rain.
Damn, I remember that last year. He was also Janet's instructor in her MSF class. It shook her up pretty good.

Sorry, nothing useful to add to the conversation or topic. That was just a harsh memory.
RIP Paul Palika,

He taught me at Streetmasters. I attended his memorial in Vista after he passed.

If you didn't know, he has a memorial stone in Gerlach, Nevada at the Circle of Honor.

And I don't think Skooter should walk on the sidewalk, either..

Hoping to get this thread back on track, I've just made a reservation for Saturday night and will be coming in time for lunch on Saturday too. Finally decided to bag the camping since Friday night, at least, looked iffy (never cared for mud camping). I'm also down for dinner with Tyler's group.

I booked at a motel about six miles away in San Simeon. Pretty sure I can restrain myself enough to ride back there safely after dinner. If anybody is interested, we could probably split the (cheap anyway) room.

If anyone is using radios, most of us will be using the Kenwood GMRS Channel 15 (462.7250 MHz for you geeks).

Hoping to get this thread back on track, I've just made a reservation for Saturday night and will be coming in time for lunch on Saturday too. Finally decided to bag the camping since Friday night, at least, looked iffy (never cared for mud camping). I'm also down for dinner with Tyler's group.

I booked at a motel about six miles away in San Simeon. Pretty sure I can restrain myself enough to ride back there safely after dinner. If anybody is interested, we could probably split the (cheap anyway) room.
Oh just fecking great, here I have another opportunity to "sleep" with SacramentoMike and I am having to wait for the WOP to make up his Italiano mind! Niehart is still complaining about the noise we made, since he was in the room below us, in Redwood City when airboss and WheatonFJR came riding out to Kali!

Hey Sam, you there?

It's time to amend your lunch list on the first page of this here thread.

I sent ya a PM or 2.

Maybe the River Inn can't seat 35? :dntknw:

Let us know huh?

Hey Sam, you there?

It's time to amend your lunch list on the first page of this here thread.

I sent ya a PM or 2.

Let us know huh?
Updated. I stopped counting the chickens because, well, refer to post # 216.

There should be no problem seating that many. I've done rides down there with close to 80 people and they were able to accommodate everyone. :)
+1, Gunny; Miss Ty is right, we'll have plenty of room to eat! My Hometown is Morro Bay and the Central Cal BMW Club used to meet at the Big Sur River Inn, they also usually rolled out 80 riders and we all got fed!

relax.jpg