April 14th, 2012 - NorCal meets SoCal RTE at Big Sur River Inn, Big Sur, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather has been good this week! You just don't remember how beautiful this part of the world is until you come back!

If your hesitating because of the weather, get off the fence, you only get one shot at life and it's too short!

I just did a RR titled " HWY 1 San Simeon" but my pics just can't touch it! The lighting from this weather brings out the richness of this place. I hope any who can make it, will come for the ride!

yeah yeah yeah, what ever.........dont tell then all Dude or they will all fucking move here........

R

I will be coming up with KawunaGeoge on Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing the board members.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-day/usa/california/santa-barbara/id/93101 Well, I have an inch of rain to ride through to get from Chandler, AZ to Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow. But, Saturday is still looking great for our Ride To Eat!

Tomorrow April 13; Rain: Periods of rain with a few thunderstorms likely. High near 55F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch. hi 55, lo 45, 19 mph WSW, 80%

Luckily dcarver sent me an Instructional Video on how to Scotch-Guard my privates so they won't get wet in the downpour! I just wish Carver had been wearing skivvies when he did the filming, but hey Don was just trying to be helpful!

So as it sits right now John and I will be leaving Torrance between 5.30am and 6am Saturday, we will make stops in Ventura at the chevron at Victoria and 101 ( 7 to 7.30am) then again at the Betteravia road and 101 between 9 and 9.30am (Chevron where we stopped on Tim's memorial ride).

If you plan on meeting us at either stops let me know otherwise we ain't hanging around.......

THIS is our intended route.

R

Lots of SoCal people coming. Anyone from NorCal? I will be heading out with a few friends from San Jose. Anyone else?
Lots of NorCal people. I plan to be at Alice's about 8:00-8:30. Another group is having breakfast in Concord about 7:30 and heading south from there.

Lots of SoCal people coming. Anyone from NorCal? I will be heading out with a few friends from San Jose. Anyone else?
Lots of NorCal people. I plan to be at Alice's about 8:00-8:30. Another group is having breakfast in Concord about 7:30 and heading south from there.
7:30 - 8:00 meet for breakfast in Concord. Location being worked on by James B. Leave for Big Sur after breakfast about 9ish.

Myself, Erin, CC, and Bill will be meeting off of 101 @ the Coyote Creek exit at 9 a.m. and head down to Surf City Coffee in Moss Landing around 10 a.m. before heading for Big Sure. You're more than welcome to join us. :)

Myself, Erin, CC, and Bill will be meeting off of 101 @ the Coyote Creek exit at 9 a.m. and head down to Surf City Coffee in Moss Landing around 10 a.m. before heading for Big Sure. You're more than welcome to join us. :)
I could meet you in either place. Let me check with the guys today. If I see you either places...cool. I have a silver 2011 FJR. I will be the good looking guy on it!

So as it sits right now John and I will be leaving Torrance between 5.30am and 6am Saturday, we will make stops in Ventura at the chevron at Victoria and 101 ( 7 to 7.30am) then again at the Betteravia road and 101 between 9 and 9.30am (Chevron where we stopped on Tim's memorial ride).

If you plan on meeting us at either stops let me know otherwise we ain't hanging around.......

THIS is our intended route.

R
Richard and John, I will take the same route you are taking and I will see you out on the road; I will be on my blue and silver Miss Lucy Liu FJR, since I wore the rear tread off of my Fraulein Gisele BMW K1600GT riding with Alan and Helen Ionbeam last Sunday!

DSCF0303.jpg

Tried to talk SkooterG into riding over with me, but he is hunting Cougars and Mountain Lions in the Scottsdale Country-Western Dance Halls this coming weekend!

DSCF0302.jpg

johnny80s told me GreggieM can't ride in the rain anyway, just a Big Pussy sucking air! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSCF0301.jpg

Saturday northbound.

Not sure if 1 or 2 up..

Weather depending on the 2 up....
Hey Don,

If you're so inclined, and your time frame supports, I'm planning on being at the Cambria Shell station at 8:45, and then up road to SSSP at 9:00 for whoever may or may not be there...not sure who is or isn't camping but will stop there to meet whoever is there. Saturday's weather is looking good, a bit cold, but no rain :yahoo:

Randy

Wowser, I am really in for a wild ass wet and stormy ride over to Kali tomorrow; good thing that johnny80s and Papa Chuy totally just fecking LOVE riding in the rain!

Hey you SoCal Mooks, has the Beaumont-Banning Pass on Interstate 10 ever been shut down due to snow? Do they have the means to plow it? Bring my snow chains?

CA Weather Advisories' date=' Watches & Warnings
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 3 AM PDT SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN BERNARDINO/LOS ANGELES/OXNARD HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 3 AM PDT SATURDAY.

* TIMING...PRECIPITATION WILL OVERSPREAD THE MOUNTAINS TONIGHT...BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY...THEN TURN TO SHOWERS FRIDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW LEVELS...SNOW LEVELS WILL AVERAGE 4500 TO 5500 FEET TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING...THEN FALL TO BETWEEN 3500 AND 4500 FEET LATE FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 14 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ABOVE 5500 FEET...WITH LIGHTER ACCUMULATIONS AT LOWER ELEVATIONS.

* WINDS...SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH LATE TONIGHT...THEN CONTINUE ON FRIDAY...BEFORE SHIFTING TO NORTHWEST LATE FRIDAY.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL LIKELY IMPACT TRAVEL THROUGH THE INTERSTATE 5 CORRIDOR BY FRIDAY EVENING. VISIBILITIES WILL LOCALLY DROP TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO A COMBINATION OF FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW .SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...CHECK THE LATEST ROAD REPORTS...AND KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

FYI – Elevation of the Beaumont/Banning Pass is 2,650 feet.

Here’s a link to an interactive site: https://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/lox.php#tabs[/quote']

I could meet you in either place. Let me check with the guys today. If I see you either places...cool. I have a silver 2011 FJR. I will be the good looking guy on it!
We'll be a motley mix of machines... RT, GS, VFR, and the red Spyder which is hard to miss... ;) :lol:

We'll be a motley mix of machines... RT, GS, VFR, and the red Spyder which is hard to miss... ;) :lol:
Captain Mike just look for Bustanut joker, his riding gear is very distinctive!

bustanut-L.jpg

Jeezus, Don... don't scare off the new guy!!

Mike, our group always wears ATGATT... and Bust is too busy with his sheep to attend this event. :D

Captain Mike just look for Bustanut joker, his riding gear is very distinctive!

bustanut-L.jpg
Okay Mike just look for Old Michael then, Mick's riding gear is also very distinctive!

rain.jpg