• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auxiliary Tank Group Buy (merged threads)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is everyone who has one of these cells riding with their seats in the "high" position?
Nope. It's a tight fit but my Russell Day-Long is in the "Low" position with the TAT bolted in place. I had a piece of tape on the tank to protect the leather of the seat but now that I have a LindaT cover, I'm not so worried about it.

Any pictures of your cell with the cover on it?
Like dcarver, I'm working on it. Got spider bit (S4) a couple of months ago and since I had the plastics off, figured I'd go ahead and change the coolant...

Since I'm draining the coolant, might as well check the valves (75k on the odo so I'm probably a bit overdue for it's first check)...

Might as well re-route my HID & GPS wiring while I'm at it...

If I'm working on the wiring, should probably install the forward Power Distribution Blocks I've been meaning to do...

What was the question again?

Any pictures of your cell with the cover on it?
IMG_0685.JPG

Still looking for pictures of TAT's with covers on them.

I received my TAT last night, but wont be able to do any of the needed work on it for a few weeks.

I received my TAT last night, ...
And that brings this Group Buy to a close.

The last of these tanks goes to Tim.

Maybe we can get Good2Go update his thread with picks of TATAs: <Link>

Plus, we need to get eeksnake to start a thread with picks showing this:

It's a tight fit but my Russell Day-Long is in the "Low" position with the TAT bolted in place. I had a piece of tape on the tank to protect the leather of the seat but now that I have a LindaT cover, I'm not so worried about it.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this.

-Joe

Still looking for pictures of TAT's with covers on them.

Not in the same league as a Linda T cover, but functional and cheap...

Cinched down on the left side with a buckle. Drink tube retractor holder. Faceshield cleaner in the side pouch, SPOT in the top pouch:

DSC_1493.JPG

Zipper down the back...

DSC_1494.JPG

The other end of that cinch strap. Right side pouch holds first aid kit...

DSC_1495.JPG

Nice. Did you make it yourself? That is just about what I was thinking, and I am toying with either having Linda make one, or a local friend of my who is an expert in car upholstery.

Sweet. Thanks for an infusion of inspiration..

My tank is getting rubbed to a high polish from my jacket!

Did you make it yourself?
Nah...my cousin made it. I couldn't sew a stich in my own side.

But I sure would like to see Chris's (eeksnake's) Linda T cover...the pricing on those is surprisingly reasonable, depending on options. Hmmmm....I'm riding through Vegas this weekend, maybe should go beat down his door ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
*Edit - Instead of double posting and incurring the wrath of the forum gods :rolleyes: , I've moved the images to a post in "Parts and Accessories." LINK

This way, non-forum members can view them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
New question for this old thread:

Are any TAT fuel cell owners using the cell in conjunction with the Givi grab rails? I am thinking about making the switch to the Givi rails because I am concerned with the rear sub-frame not being strong enough for use with a trunk on a regular basis, but as far as I can tell no one is using the combination of the Givi rails and the TAT cell.

Anyone?

Tim, contact Slonishku. Alex is using a Givi rack. <Link>

When I was thinking about adding a Givi rack. I was concerned about the about of tension that cross member had on it. <Link> Because it was near the end of my riding season, I decided not to take a chance and returned the rack. As it turns out, the way mine fit was normal and I haven't heard of any failures. <Link>

Look closely at the photos in those links. The rear fasteners need to be tightened first and the cross member is bolted down last.

If it were me, I would not use the replacement grab rail bushings included with the tank. I think something like a stand-off would work better (male threads on both ends). It could be threaded into the rear sub-frame; the Givi grab front cross member would then remain firmly fastened and the Tag-Along would be held to the stand-offs with nuts. Keep in mind, that due to the variation between rear sub-frames, one set of stand-offs would work with one bike.

New question for this old thread:

Are any TAT fuel cell owners using the cell in conjunction with the Givi grab rails? I am thinking about making the switch to the Givi rails because I am concerned with the rear sub-frame not being strong enough for use with a trunk on a regular basis, but as far as I can tell no one is using the combination of the Givi rails and the TAT cell.

Anyone?

Some pictures of said setup...

IMG00221-20120530-2018.jpg

StandingletfsideFJR.jpg

IMG00218-20120530-2017.jpg

Shane

Thanks Joe. I will have to research this a little bit, and get in touch with Alex.

Shane, your set up is on a Gen 1 (at least I am pretty sure that is an 04) and i am not sure how different it would be for a Gen 2, but thanks for posting up.