• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer Saddle GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell off the fence yesterday, shipping my seat to Califonia on Monday. My build date is 4/7.
So now that I can't ride for a couple weeks all you folks in the Northeast can thank me for the next two weeks of beautiful weather.

If you get really hard up you could try a loaf of bread in it's place. :cryingsmiley:

Brodie
Can't be any worse than the stocker.

I fell off the fence yesterday, shipping my seat to Califonia on Monday. My build date is 4/7. So now that I can't ride for a couple weeks all you folks in the Northeast can thank me for the next two weeks of beautiful weather.
If you get really hard up you could try a loaf of bread in it's place. :cryingsmiley:

Brodie
You've clearly never ridden on a Corbin Canyon... :rolleyes:

Is there any more pictures of this seat around? It doesn't look quite as 'large'

as that other seat, measurements would be good.

I fell off the fence yesterday, shipping my seat to Califonia on Monday. My build date is 4/7. So now that I can't ride for a couple weeks all you folks in the Northeast can thank me for the next two weeks of beautiful weather.

Brodie
If you've got one laying around I'll try to soften it up for ya, no charge of coarse. Probably only take a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

Brodie
If you've got one laying around I'll try to soften it up for ya, no charge of coarse. Probably only take a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

Sorry, unloaded sold mine.

Is there any more pictures of this seat around? It doesn't look quite as 'large'as that other seat, measurements would be good.
Had my seat (dual vinyl basket-weave) done back in December. It is now very comfortable. Just took a few pics to compare with the original (see BMS website). Remember, this seat is custom shaped to my liking. Your seat may look different.

P3300001.jpg

P3300002.jpg

P3300003.jpg

What is the ending date for the BMS group buy? I'm trying to decide new windshield or new seat.

LC

I've "scanned" this thread several times and I don't recall seeing the ending date.

What is the ending date for the BMS group buy? I'm trying to decide new windshield or new seat.
LC

I've "scanned" this thread several times and I don't recall seeing the ending date.

Per post #44, I believe it is 4/4....

I noticed that someone above thought that for the heated option that BMS could not place the switch in the seat itself, claiming there wasn't enough room for the seat. I have a heated Russell, and the switch is right on the side of the seat, quite handy. I do not see why that can't be done with the Bill Mayer seat. I sent mine in yesterday...I will call them tomorrow and find out if they can put the switch on the seat itself. I have found that even with heated (Gerbing) gear, the heated seat option is wonderful and extremely useful.

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
4/4/08 is the correct end date.

This is the last week.

I wish to thank all who ordered, all who took the time to either post photos or just give a quick endorsement to BMS, Brodie for the great write up and of course Rocky at BMS for giving us the discount and making this all happen.

Ride safe all,

Greg

I just shipped my seat to BMS. Maybe the 9 inches of snow we are supposed to get today will make the waiting easier :angry: Thanks for setting this group buy up :clapping:

Just signed up for a Bill Mayer Saddle. Ride-in scheduled for May 2. :chickawow: :clapping:

I really don't have any problems (serious ones) with the OEM seat. However, I am vertically challenged and need to lower the seat if possible. Susan at BMS, after consulting with her tech's tells me they can lower the seat 1/2 to 1". Every little bit helps. Hopefully they will still be able to make it a "comfortable" ride. Also will have them try to narrow the front which, as silver penquin states, "Will help a lot".

Thanks for the group buy. (I think my wife will forgive me because this is a "safety item" and I am saving money as it is on sale.....Maybe I should buy two, that's what she does during sales. Just kidding, of course.)

LC

Thanks for setting this one up, Gregory!

I called yesterday morning; got an appointment for a ride in on April 18th! :dance:

I'll try to post a review of the results!

Thanks Again!

MY seat is DONE and being shipped back to me today! :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :D

Just signed up for a Bill Mayer Saddle. Ride-in scheduled for May 2. :chickawow: :clapping: <SNIP>
May 2? April 2 by chance... Chance?

Looks like rain tomorrow... Guess I will be the "duck" with a new seat by the end of the day.

Just signed up for a Bill Mayer Saddle. Ride-in scheduled for May 2. :chickawow: :clapping: <SNIP>
May 2? April 2 by chance... Chance?

Looks like rain tomorrow... Guess I will be the "duck" with a new seat by the end of the day.

No, May 2nd. I'm going to Streetmasters on May 3 with MM2 and Co.. So I thought it would be much nicer not to have to make two trips to SoCal.

LC

Called and signed up today and made an appointment for a ride in on April 10th.

Thanks for setting this up. Looking forward to a new seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.