Billings motorcyclist topping 130 mph avoids arrest in high-speed chase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
This will not end well.....

https://helenair.com/news/state-and-regional/billings-motorcyclist-topping-mph-avoids-arrest-in-high-speed-chase/article_bd3c0301-0ba8-5999-83fe-68e0b2b024cc.html

BILLINGS -- A motorcyclist speeding in excess of 130 mph avoided arrest Thursday night after a high-speed pursuit from the Montana Highway Patrol.
It was the second time Thursday an MHP trooper encountered the male motorcyclist.
MHP Trooper Eli Wolfe spotted the man, described as wearing a green shirt, red gloves and a black helmet and riding a black motorcycle, sometime after 8 p.m. Thursday.
Wolfe began a pursuit after the motorcyclist passed him going in excess of 120 mph heading eastbound on I-90 near mile-marker 452. He ended the pursuit after the motorcyclist took Exit 455 onto Johnson Lane.
Wolfe spotted the motorcyclist again, parked at the Johnson Lane underpass. The motorcyclist gave Wolfe the middle finger before heading beneath the underpass, at which point Wolfe began pursuit again.
Heading eastbound on Johnson Lane, Wolfe said the motorcyclist made several illegal passes of vehicles, including a semi-truck, before guardrail-passing vehicles along Exit 452.

Wolfe lost sight of the motorcyclist as he was headed west on US Highway 87 North toward the Dick Johnson Bridge.
Earlier Thursday, MHP Trooper Michelle Frost saw a man matching the motorcyclist’s description about 6 p.m. as she approached the North 27th Street eastbound off-ramp. The motorcyclist gave Frost the middle finger.
"I knew what he was doing, taunting me,” Frost said. “I didn’t have any other reason to stop him besides he was flipping me off.”
Wolfe said the motorcycle didn't appear to have tags. Neither trooper was able to make out the model of the vehicle, but Frost said it might have been a sport bike.
Over the course of his pursuit, Wolfe said his vehicle reached 125 mph. He said though MHP wants motorists to obey the law, catching someone during a high speed chase isn’t always a good thing. “Catching them usually means that they’ve crashed,” Wolfe said. “If someone crashes at that speed, they aren’t going to have a second chance.”

Last edited by a moderator:
He won't live long.

Through association, motorcyclists will be a bit less liked/trusted by both LEOs and the community.

And my kids are in route moving from Laredo, TX to Billings right now hoping to escape the madness.

I guess hopefully the perp can speak English. (Besides sign language.)

Frankly I don't really care what happens to the biker. It would be horrible if he causes anyone else, civilian or police, to be injured or killed in his quest to die.

Neither trooper was able to make out the model of the vehicle, but Frost said it might have been a sport bike.
Hmm...Is that like 'assault rifles' ???

Guy sounds like a young dweeb. He probably guzzles red bull and knows all the GhostRider 'episodes' by heart.

I hate when people like this give 'mostly law abiding' riders a bad name. A part of me feels bad for the guy going to these extremes to get attention. What a waste.

My bags are currently off my '09 , and Billings is only a little over an hour away at 125mph... just sayin..

Why did they keep repeating the 125 mph number? Is that supposed to be incredibly fast?

I mean really... on I-90 in Montana isn't the speed limit like 85? Who here has never gone 40 mph over the posted limit before?

Why did they keep repeating the 125 mph number? Is that supposed to be incredibly fast? I mean really... on I-95 in Montana isn't the speed limit like 85? Who here has never gone 40 mph over the posted limit before?
Only on a closed course.
coolsmiley02.gif

I remember when the daytime speed limit in Montana was "Reasonable and Prudent" rather than any specific number.

Although I don't think the clown's speed is ridiculous, his riding style is, and it will get him killed. Add that to taunting the police and it is obvious that this guy has a problem.

What one officer cant do today, many & a radio will accomplish tomorrow. To run once is one thing but to provoke is another. Common sense is just not very common anymore!

Saturday night, with a car full of family, we got on I-95 to head to dinner. Traffic comes to a halt, we inch up slowly, then see 7-8 police cars, 3 fire trucks and an ambulance, all blocking the road. Get to the scene and it's a sport bike that's by the guard rail on a straight section of road, obliterated. There's another spoke bike rider with his helmet still on, talking to a police man. Not sure why he didn't have his helmet off, unless he was just busted for trying to go around the scene. Not the scene you, as a rider, want to see with family in the car. Next day, it comes out that it was a woman who was going at a high rate of speed, weaving in and out of traffic. She slammed into the back of a moving car, then headed to the guard rail, which she hit hard.

She died. Next day all the papers focus on the fact she had just left a charity ride and always preached safe riding to people. The only mention of the speed and weaving is one sentence.

Last weekend, on the interstate, we were passed by a group of about 12-15 riders on sport bikes, all doing over 100 mph in a 70 zone, all weaving in and out of traffic.

I hate seeing them do it. It makes me cringe when I see it.

Take it to the track.

"Take it to the track."

I couldn't agree more.

It takes some healthy doses of inconsideration, disrespect & stupidity to ride like that.