** BRODIE NEEDS OUR HELP ** Serious Collision **

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was on my way back from Wyoming and saw this thread while at the airport between flights!! So I dropped my stuff off at home and went over for a visit with Mr. Dark Side at the hospital. He was in his usual good spirits and regaled the tale of his accident in great detail... some details more than once. ;) Looks like he'll be going home tomorrow morning as he had a dizzy spell when he first got up and out of bed this morning so they just want to keep an eye on them.

When I called him to see if it was okay to come over, he said, "Hey Tyler, guess what? I can wipe my own butt!!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the behind (and in front of) the scenes work... y'all, as usual, ROCK!!! B)

******** Latest update on bike recovery*******

Thanks Sam he called !!

Patrick was in motion to go pick up the bike, but he is too far away to make by 5pm... the toy yard will charge a 95.00 fee for an after

hour release.... unless someone has a truck or trailer to pick up the bike by 5pm, it would be cheaper to pay for normal one day

storage costs..45.00.

NOW...... Patrick is all swamped at work tomorrow, is there anyone who could pick up the bike with one days notice???????

I'll go. I'll give work a big shove in the right direction before I leave, then it should only take a couple of hours to pick up the bike if all the paperwork is in place. Sam (Puppychow) says he can help load, but he'll have to take off work to do so. Anybody available to help load tomorrow morning? I'll keep Sam as a backup.
I will do what Patrick is doing - give a heads up to the boss man and give work a big shove in the morning and work a few hours extra in the evening. So, if he decides to use me as backup man or point man - I will leave that up to Patrick.

Go Brodie!

Yeah, you showed us all what you got! I will admit, you are the tougher man. So there, that is settled.

Now go home and find out how bad daytime TV really is!

mr.paul, from Minnesota

Our thoughts are with you buddy from the great white north. We've never met but I feel I know you thru your forum contributions. Hang in there there is a lot of positive kharma heading your way.

noire

BC Canada

******** Latest update on bike recovery*******

Thanks Sam he called !!

Patrick was in motion to go pick up the bike, but he is too far away to make by 5pm... the toy yard will charge a 95.00 fee for an after

hour release.... unless someone has a truck or trailer to pick up the bike by 5pm, it would be cheaper to pay for normal one day

storage costs..45.00.

NOW...... Patrick is all swamped at work tomorrow, is there anyone who could pick up the bike with one days notice???????

I'll go. I'll give work a big shove in the right direction before I leave, then it should only take a couple of hours to pick up the bike if all the paperwork is in place. Sam (Puppychow) says he can help load, but he'll have to take off work to do so. Anybody available to help load tomorrow morning? I'll keep Sam as a backup.
I'm up for helping out. PM on the way.

OK, these crash stories gotta stop . . . . . seriously.

Brodie, glad you're relatively OK and not squashed completely! Hoping you heal and get extra pain meds for good behavior!

Heal quickly and prayers offered.

CJ

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. BTW, the best thing to bring a mc accident victim to his hospital room is a ice cold beer smuggled in a shaving kit by a friend. Trust me on this. NorCal guys, I'm an hour east of Modesto so if I can help on the bike recovery, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry to hear about Brodie's accident. Having been through the rehab process the last few years (rotator cuff surgery, replaced knee) all I can offer is that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just make sure to do all the exercises the physiotherapists give you and all will work out.

I just added my name to the list for the grounding harness and happened to find this post after the fact.

Good luck.

Bill

Brodie............I hope your bike comes back to life.......I'm referring to the paint scheme :rolleyes: How someone could miss it is beyond me......but then again, it was head on, so not quite as visible. Glad you are recovering!!!! You is one lucky dude:yahoo:

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. BTW, the best thing to bring a mc accident victim to his hospital room is a ice cold beer smuggled in a shaving kit by a friend. Trust me on this. NorCal guys, I'm an hour east of Modesto so if I can help on the bike recovery, let me know.
I offered the beer..

Actually he wants fresh watermelon at peak ripeness ........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

B....

I offered the beer..

Actually he wants fresh watermelon at peak ripeness ........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

B....
Attached to Nurse Nancy?

:unsure: :whistle:

That update is great Brian.

I'm really glad Patrick was able to go pick up the bike. It would have looked awfully funny sticking out the back of my Prius. :p

Great job, y'all.

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

Lucky to have Brodie still with us.