CaFO Exploratory Thread:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a recomendation from another FJR rider.

"We lived in Arroyo Grande (borders San Luis Obispo) for 28 years and there is a really nice motel called Casa Grande that is cheaper than SLO and more secure"

I think it would be in Northern Mexico by JB standards. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far it looks like we are not going to the motel cited earlier because of no availability. And as for camping at Carver's it's all been a terrible joke that will not die. MidLifeFJR is (I think) looking into another venue.
Jb
So, we are on hold right now?

can y'all hurry up and make the plans? i gotta book my flight!

:lol:

Done Deal. We're all converging on the Hondarosa Ranch. Not sure where the nearest airport is, but Orangevale will ride out and pick you up if you and Odot buy him some drinks....

Done Deal. We're all converging on the Hondarosa Ranch. Not sure where the nearest airport is, but Orangevale will ride out and pick you up if you and Odot buy him some drinks....
Odot? not sure what he has to do with this, but i was just joking anyways. can't get time off til thanksgiving.

Time out! Not sure if the Toe-meister is kidding, but I'm working with the Great Slayer of the Fearsome Forest Rat himself (Himself...all bow!) to identify a comfortable, inexpensive motel in SLO with good amenities including a room where we can all meet and eat and drink and fall down.

Please stay tuned to this channel for further updates as they come in....

JB

Hell, it's only a hunnert miles... I'll prolly stay at the Bates Motel AKA La Casa Noche. ;)

Oh no you don't TWN, yahz gots to PAAARTTY and I'll even let you BRAAP BRAAP the Harley.. Then again, there ain't no rev limiter and you'ld probably blow it up :unsure: , I know you FJR pilots rely on so-pissticated things like anti lock, fuel injection, and rev limiters to keep yourselves out of trouble.. :rolleyes: while us REAL motoSickle riders know how to adjust the advance, use the choke, and BRAPP at every opportunity! :unsure: :rolleyes: :yahoo:

As I explained to JB, I *may* have a connection, and if works out, I'll need to hand it off to JB as I'm simply swamped right now at work. :angry:

So tonight I've been attempting to find use MapSource and create some routes for ya'll.

Would you belive MapSource does NOT indicate many of the back roads I want to route! :unsure: <_< :angry:

..and I have the latest software update too.

Guess I'll have to throw the GPS in my pocket, take the Ultra for ride.

....or.... hee hee, keep the routes secret and make all you Feejer pilots follow a REAL motoSickle!

Seriously, both MapSource and MS S&T fail to show many of the back roads I ride weekly.

So tonight I've been attempting to find use MapSource and create some routes for ya'll. Would you belive MapSource does NOT indicate many of the back roads I want to route! :unsure: <_< :angry:

..and I have the latest software update too.

Guess I'll have to throw the GPS in my pocket, take the Ultra for ride.

....or.... hee hee, keep the routes secret and make all you Feejer pilots follow a REAL motoSickle!

Seriously, both MapSource and MS S&T fail to show many of the back roads I ride weekly.
I'm not sure I like the back roads you ride weekly: they seem to have forest rats.... :glare:

But all kidding aside (ha ha, never!)--I must have conjured you, because I was just thinking that I have to con sucker persuade Don to sketch out some rides in case it turns out he's a lousy IT guy after all. :D

Jb

So I have a new motel opportunity thanks to that Slayer of the Long-Faced Forest-Dwelling Rat Creature himself, Don (Boy Can I Ride a Bike) Carver, carver of twisties and venison.... Now, where was I?

Oh yes, so I need to know who's coming on this here ride. If your name is in the first post and you ain't makin' it, please let me know. Conversely, if you're making it and your name ain't listed, please let me know.

'Cause I'm gonna talk to Don's personal friend (this is his only friend in the world, so he doesn't want me / us to f**k it up)--gonna talk to this guy about discounts and blocks of rooms and stuff.

I guess I'll be there two nights, Fri-Sat. So, uh, we got that going for us.... :glare:

Let's just try to keep the naughtly pictures where they belong--in my in box and not here.

Jb

Oh yes, so I need to know who's coming on this here ride. If your name is in the first post and you ain't makin' it, please let me know. Conversely, if you're making it and your name ain't listed, please let me know.
Okay, everone, this is your opportunity to fill JB's PM inbox..... :yahoo:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a venue, thanks to [SIZE=10pt]me[/SIZE] Don Carver, The Deer Slayer:

main.jpg

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Click Here to Access Their Site
https://www.sandssuites.com/

There are discounted rooms available as follows:

2 beds: $99

Single bed: $89

To get the rate, tell them you are with The FJR Forum (think you can remember? :glare: ). John will hold the rooms till October 15, at which time he releases them.

I have booked a room for Friday and Saturday nights.

Jb

You always make me laugh - which is an excellent reason to ride the 26th to 28th. Hope we get some more confirms. Mid

You always make me laugh - which is an excellent reason to ride the 26th to 28th. Hope we get some more confirms. Mid
Well said. This thread has been a bit convoluted - for those that show I'll have some EXCELLENT riding in store for you. :yahoo: