Calling all Gen3 owners! Lets talk about riding modes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What riding mode do you use?

• Total voters

networkguy

Reaction score
So which riding mode do you use? I use Sport if solo and Touring if riding 2-up. Makes for a smoother ride for wifey :)

So how do you ride? If you use both, what conditions change your riding mode?

dont forget under your seat is the IM GAY mode switch,lol.(yes its jealousy)

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt Fairlaner will choose both. It's been well known for quite some time that he goes both ways.............

No doubt Fairlaner will choose both. It's been well known for quite some time that he goes both ways.............
jealousy-ewwww-demotivational-poster-1264754187.jpg

As the switch in my brain has been stuck on "sport" since 1978.....I'd likely choose the same get the bike to match.

Touring just makes the bike to slower right?

I tried using the Touring mode but I really can't see the value. There's always a time that I'm going to want to kick it in the ass and go and I don't want to funtz with a switch before I do.

But it's really cool to point it out to my friends when talking about the new bike!

As the switch in my brain has been stuck on "sport" since 1978.....I'd likely choose the same get the bike to match.

Touring just makes the bike to slower right?
Not really slower...just smoother on shifts and take off due to gradual introduction of power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find 'T' quite handy for avoiding unintended throttle inputs whn riding on real rough surfaces. Like the gravel road I live on. Or going over SkooterG's drunken body in the parking lot. Or the trail of farkles falling off beemerdons' sorry-ass Gen I bike.

The farkles will be falling of don's gen3 later today.....

T mode is not slower it is (like NWG says) smoother at slower speeds.....all you need is a 1/4 turn and you get all the power you could need.

R

This might get fun......
Or not.. There are what?? 5 now?
Next they'll start their own GenIII club.
Don't hate
smile.png
Brother Dan: Screw Bluesy and the Pomeranian he rode in on, there will be 6 this afternoon and Hell Yes we are going to start our own GenIII Club. I voted for Touring which is the same mode as my BMW K1600GT, if it is that much slower compared to Sport then I will go back and change my vote to Both. GenIII's rule and GenII's drool!

Scan123420000.jpg

Mi bastard step-pappy doesn't even have it yet but is an expert on the POS Gen III FJR. Aye carumba!

Am I reading this correctly? Has Beemerdons made a deal with the devil? I thought you guys did not deal with RideNow. Oh well, at least he got it. I guess this means no cross country fly-n-ride.