Can't wait until Tuesday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Just got back from lunch, taking delivery of my brand new 2007 FJR1300AE. :yahoo: Did not want to return to work. But here I am. :angry:

While at the dealer, discussed the altitude sickness TSB with service manage, and sure enough my bike needed the new ECU. They had on in stock and replaced it while I waited.

As others have mentioned, the YES warranty is available up to 12 months after purchase. Although there don't seem to be any additional issues with the AE yet, the added electronics make the YES plan a must have in my book.
Easy fix for the horn button is not to use your thumb for the downshifts. Use the nail part of your forefinger to flick forward the same part of the paddle that you use for upshifts. (Sounds harder than it is). That way when you add the PTT button, (Which you will), right beside the horn button, you wont accidentally downshift instead of chatting. Don't ask me how I know...

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride.
Negotiated the 48 months of YES into the deal along with frame sliders and Kouba Links, and a great trade in value for my beloved Shadow.

Checked fix for horn button on the way back to work, and I'll be darned, that is much simpler. Once you realize how far out the front paddle is sticking, it was obvious what you were talking about above.

Thanks for everyones comments. Look forward to many mile on my new ride and participating in the online discussions...

Congrats on the new bike. I hope you enjoy many happy/safe miles on it. Don't forget, the tranny can be upshifted/downshifted with your index finger so you won't have to worry about the horn. Even with winter gloves on, there is room to slide your index finger behind the forward end of the switch and flick it forward for a downshift. :)

Cheers,

Joe