Canyon Cages for 2013, development input.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan phoned me today, as they are getting started on the group buy. Details on the other forum. Fronts were $240, rears were $90, for the Gen II. Not sure on the Gen III cost.

I'll be adding these. Hopefully they arrive before tech day.

Some answers from Ryan......

Morning, buddy! I just thought I'd email you in response to that guy on the FJR Forum who asked if the right side sticks out further than the left. Actually, the right side is slightly closer in than the left hand side. The only reason it looks off is because the engine is shifted slightly to the left so the guard looks closer to the engine on the left than it does on the right. However, we brought the right side guard in a tad to help compensate but we couldn't go in too much because we want the guards to look symmetrical from the front and rear of the bike. On top of that, the guards still need to hold everything off the ground, including the mirrors and exhaust, so we couldn't take it in too much. The position of the bike when it's resting on the guards is exactly the same from right side to left side, though. I hope this answers his question!
R

Some answers from Ryan......

Morning, buddy! I just thought I'd email you in response to that guy on the FJR Forum who asked if the right side sticks out further than the left. Actually, the right side is slightly closer in than the left hand side. The only reason it looks off is because the engine is shifted slightly to the left so the guard looks closer to the engine on the left than it does on the right. However, we brought the right side guard in a tad to help compensate but we couldn't go in too much because we want the guards to look symmetrical from the front and rear of the bike. On top of that, the guards still need to hold everything off the ground, including the mirrors and exhaust, so we couldn't take it in too much. The position of the bike when it's resting on the guards is exactly the same from right side to left side, though. I hope this answers his question!

R
That Sir, was the correct answer.

Actually, I want to know where they get the green tape. Man, all that tape is giving me a woodie!

R - you jonesing to ride or something?

I am....I am going riding today/tomorrow in San Diego and i have to take the wing........

OH well it will be fine.

R

Kinda late to the party but it strikes me the bag guards really stick out there. Since there seems to be tons of clearance when on the ground, could they be slightly closer in and still meet their objective?

Kinda late to the party but it strikes me the bag guards really stick out there. Since there seems to be tons of clearance when on the ground, could they be slightly closer in and still meet their objective?
pcarnut – perhaps, but I think part of the design decision was they wanted the front bars and the rear bars to touch simultaneously in a crash to help distribute the load.

to late for that input..........finished product will be installed on the 13 tomorrow.
R
Awesome - can't wait to see the finished product. He offered to drive the finished bike to your house - are you going to take him up on it
rolleyes.gif

Yes, these are specifically for the Gen3. The Gen2 cages have not changed. R
Agreed up front..... I thought perhaps the Gen II and III were the same at the rear pegs/exhaust attach points. Do we know for sure?
No the Gen111 rear bracket is different from the Gen11 so therefore it is completely redesigned...
And David i am going to take the truck up on Thursday and pick it up.

I have a bunch of stuff to do to it when i get it back so i want it ASAP.

R