• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cee Bailey Windshield Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....do I just email Cee Bailey and express to them that I want to be included on this order? And then pay full price and expect a refund? Or will they guide me through it? My girlfriend is feeling some wind effect behind me, so I'm gonna go at least a +2. We are both small people and I'm thinking +2 will be fine, but I'll probably order in a day or two while searching this board to see people's thoughts on windshield sizes....

Alexi,

I would call and speak directly to Avo. He only quoted me the discounted price. I believe they will not process your order until they get the minimum of 10 orders.

Paul is right. You contact Avo, give him the details of your order, and you will be charged the discounted price - ONCE we get up to 10 orders. So, we need everyone who has expressed an interest to pull the trigger and send their order in to Avo. If you know of anyone else who might be interested, even if they don't have an FJR, see if they want to come on board. They all count toward the magic 10 number and we are still a bit short.

Jim

Alexi,
I would call and speak directly to Avo. He only quoted me the discounted price. I believe they will not process your order until they get the minimum of 10 orders.
Alright. I'll give them a call on Monday. the +3 (shortest flip screen they offer) might be cutting it close (I'm 5'4), but it's not 3" directly vertically, so it should be ok.

Alexi

Just ordered a Light Gray +4+3 flip from Avo. He says we are at 5 now. Get on those phones, boys!!!

Curtis

I would be interested in jumping in on this but for me timing is important. I have a long trip starting on July 2 and I am in Canada. It is easy to get over night shipping across the states and it is possible to get overnight shipping in Canada but jeez everything gets held up for two or three days coming across the border!

If anybody who is more familiar with cross border shipping can offer some advice I will order one as well.

John

John,

If you need this by July 2nd in Canada, I don't think it is realistically possible at this point in time. As I noted in my first post, Cee Bailey's says to allow 8 to 12 working days for delivery. Add something to that to take into account the fact that we don't have 10 orders lined up yet and you're in Canada, and I think you'd be getting it when you get back from your trip, unless you're heading down to the States and arrange to pick it up there. Just think though, if you don't get it for your trip you will really, really want it when you get back.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called AVO and followed up with an email for my order. Thanks for putting this together Jim. Hope it goes. I don't need one of these now either, but jeez at this discount I'll do without something else. Nice belated fathers day to myself. R

I'm in. just called to place an order. Avo was busy and will call back

Topspeed

Edit: order has been placed and Avo, says we are now at 8 or 9 orders.

Looks like we are almost there now, but we still need a couple of buyers to put us over the top. This is a great deal for a great product so it's time to get off of the fence if you're still deliberating about the purchase. Next up for me is finding an aftermarket seat, but lets get this deal done first. Thanks to all who have signed up so far.

Jim

Looks like we are almost there now, but we still need a couple of buyers to put us over the top. This is a great deal for a great product so it's time to get off of the fence if you're still deliberating about the purchase. Next up for me is finding an aftermarket seat, but lets get this deal done first. Thanks to all who have signed up so far.
Jim
Not in the market for a windshield, but if you can get a Corbin seat group buy set up count me in.

Mike

Ok just put my order in with EVO. Now I just have to wait for 2.5 weeks for it to arrive. Thanks for getting this group buy together.

Eric

Well, we made it. I spoke to Avo and he is willing to leave the group buy open until July 15, 2009 for any stragglers. Thanks to all who joined in so that we could get the discount. I hope everyone enjouys their new windshield.

Jim

I think I'm drink'n the kool-aid, would be nice to have a winter/long distance shield. probably will order tommorow!

OK, placed my order with Avo, Thanks Jim!

I'm in - just placed order with Avo - flip +4 +2 light grey. Thanks for setting this up, great timing - almost ordered same shield last week! Guess there is some value to procrastination...

Avo was not very accurate on his delivery time of 2-3 weeks. Mine was delivered today, only 1 week! Too bad I grounded with a broken clavicle, I won't be able to ride for another 3 weeks :angry2:

I'll at least try to get it mounted this weekend and imagine how much quiter my ride will be.

Thanks a bunch. Ordered +4 +3 flip to replace a Cal Sci XL. Will report how it compares.

Cheers,

7X

Status
Not open for further replies.