Central Coast Romp & Get together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's official, I'm with the cycling club this weekend for some more training. Great wekend for it though, so I'm looking forward to it.

You guys have a blast, and I'll keep a close eye on the forum for rides in the future.

I tried a few web sites I check in on, but nothing relevant about the Coalinga-Los Gatos Rd conditions. As someone else has said, maybe that should be a part of another ride. It seems there is some hesitation in taking the route because of unfamiliarity and weather, so it's probably best we do that route another day, later in the season when it's drier.

Conditions and scenery should be stellar this weekend, so enjoy it while it's still green!

Do ride safe guys.

Instead of followwing all those direction you have down why not have toe cutter sound the siren and follow the noise till you get to the station :haha:

he will be waiting with diner in had for FJR pilots :D

good luck on what seems to be a very fun and adventious ride

Okay, after looking at the not so reliable weather.com I just want to say this:

This is a rain or shine event for me. I hope I'm not the only one that shows up!

Okay, after looking at the not so reliable weather.com I just want to say this:
This is a rain or shine event for me. I hope I'm not the only one that shows up!
You won't be. I have a rain or shine bike myself. I may be on it by myself, but I'll be on it none the less. :D

Hey, there's a 70% chance of dry weather. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I reckon we have:

Toecutter

TwoWheelNut

OrangevaleFJR

Khunajawdge

JBad

tcfjr

Wanna post that on the first page so people can be scared off appropriately?

Here's a couple more fjr's, if it's OK:

Robert Van Houtte (Marina)

Rudy Lopez (Paso Robles)

There might be a Harley and Kawasaki joing us fromMarina/Castroville as well, the rider's names are Gene and Kelly (not Gene Kelley) I don't know their last names at this time! This group may meet us at Harris Ranch and ride the 198/25 portion but duck out somewhere near Saliknas.

I think we may need to adjust the lunch stop to somewhere near Hollister or Carmel. Morro Bay will be for settling in in the evening.

You guys have fun.....and beeee careful. The forecast for Sacramento is Thundershowers for Friday and 50%+ chance of rain for Saturday.

Toe, just wanna confirm: Kickstands up at 1030 hours, Harris Ranch Parking lot, right?

Orangie, looks like I'm getting outta Dodge later than I hoped to. So, you two enjoy your dinner and we'll see you Saturday AM.

See y'all Saturday! :bye:

Toe, just wanna confirm: Kickstands up at 1030 hours, Harris Ranch Parking lot, right?
Orangie, looks like I'm getting outta Dodge later than I hoped to. So, you two enjoy your dinner and we'll see you Saturday AM.

See y'all Saturday! :bye:
Orangie is in hitting his hard drive with a hammer trying to repair corrupted boot sectors :( The important thing is that he got his radiator guard installed (thanks to Jeff at Bikeeffects getting it shipped in such a timely manner) We are ready to roll and look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening Mr. Robert Toecutter. :2handed: The Knight's are coming!

I think we may need to adjust the lunch stop to somewhere near Hollister or Carmel. Morro Bay will be for settling in in the evening.
We can do that. I don't think we're in a big hurry.

And the more the merrier, bring what ya ride and run what ya brung. What about the V-strom guy?

Sure, 1030 sounds leisurely. :) Affirmative on Harris Ranch P/L

We are ready to roll and look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening Mr. Robert Toecutter.
Great! We'll try to have the engine nice and clean. :rolleyes: Eve will be there closer to six as she has to go shop up some softball pants for the diva, who will also make the scene with one of her fellow diva/softball buddies.

We may make it closer to 6 to, I would say that we will definitely will get there sometime between now, and the time we get there. :blink:

CGStrommer cannot ride on Friday as they have drills on the cutter tomorrow. However, he and his wife Cyndi would like to join up with us sometime Saturday. If we lunch in Hollister, that may be a perfect place to meet up. Rob, can you call him (Joel) sometime tomorrow and tell him where to meet us in Hollister and an approximate time? I'll pm you his number.

Sherri and I are staying in Pismo Saturday night if anyone wants to hang out with us after whatever we do in Morro Bay (dinner?). I figure we'll start heading back around noon on Sunday. We got room in a hotel on the beach:

Hotel on z beach

Here is an eatery that could be a lunch redezvous in Hollister! This group will probably be there around 12:30 - 1:00PM.

Dona Esther Mexican Restaurant

25 Franklin St, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045

Be sure and carry cell phone numbers for anybody who wishes to meet up in case of delays, changes of plans etc. :erm:

Sounds and seems like you guys and gals are going to have way too

much fun. While I work around the house and yard.

That ain't rite!!

Qhere do I file my complaint???? :haha:

Sounds and seems like you guys and gals are going to have way too
much fun. While I work around the house and yard.

That ain't rite!!

Qhere do I file my complaint???? :haha:
Dona Esther Mexican Restaurant

25 Franklin St, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045

:D

We'll stop for fuel at the Chevron just off Airline & Tres Pinos. Should be about noon, then proceed to the lunch place Judge found. See you all tomorrow!

Truly, a most excellent ride and peeps! The ride from Santa Maria to Santa Babs did muchly suck, though... It rained! Bah! Hope tcfjr had less sky pee on his way to Pasadini...

Thanks to Toe, Khuana for the set up and lead! Special thanks to Speedy Bob for proving, once again, what a piece of shit the Metzelers are! :haha: 'Course, just wish you hadn't went and proved it at a ton an'a half! :eek:

O'vale and J-Girl, thanks for sharing your time and conversation over dinner! It was fun and fattening! :D

Piccies on the 'morrow, film at 11:00! ;)

Truly, a most excellent ride and peeps! The ride from Santa Maria to Santa Babs did muchly suck, though... It rained! Bah! Hope tcfjr had less sky pee on his way to Pasadini...
TWN: The rain stopped shortly after we split up in Carpinteria, and I stayed dry the rest of the way home. Thanks for the great company!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope we can do something again soon.