CFR 2009 Registration is Open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE KUSKANAX IS SOLD OUT!

They just called me to confirm that their last room is gone. I still have several registrations from today which I've not yet acknowledged but their confirmation e-mails will be a little different as there is no more room at the (Kuskanax) inn.

I am working with the manager of the Kuskanax to line up another block of nice rooms nearby (about a block and a half) and will advise those affected asap when that is done.

If you've received a confirming e-mail from me, but have NOT booked a room at the Kuskanax please send me an e-mail at my same address advising me of that so that I can send you new details when available.

Victims of our own success - as my old boss used to say "First, get the problem!"

I have just confirmed a new block of rooms nearby in a very nice inn - details will follow!

Registered and paid up. This means I'm like, Canadian bacon now, huh?
Can you believe I've lived in the Pacific NW for almost 18 years and I've never been to Canada? DCarver, I'll be waiting for you to pick me up and help pop that cherry.
Pigster - You are ON! Enjoyed riding with you last summer as the attitude, pace, and, uhh, bladders seem to be well matched, LOL.

I gotta say, this ride has me excited - all these new things.. very weird things.., like kilometers, imperial gallons, 'yah, we gots some wombs awailable' when I called the hotel..... and it will be a good intro to the AK ride next summer.

Now, just how to I really prove I was born so I can get that Passport?

Dave and Crew - Thank You sooo much for all the effort. Truly first class. :clapping: Ya'll be better expectin' some Central Coast generosity when the Creston Militia arrives!

Crap, Canadian FJR Rally, I thought it was the Confederate FJR Rally or Central FJR Rally and ignored it yesterday. Wankers.

I can tent it, or just get MM2 so drunk he won't realize he doesn't have parking patrol duty all night. Hmm, probably won't fly with the SO. Should I just not tell her and go alone?

Decisions, decisions.

I have just confirmed a new block of rooms nearby in a very nice inn - details will follow!
You guys are doing a great job on this Dave. I can't imagine keeping up with the responses and then having to search for additional rooms. So goes the saying, if you build it they will come...Can't wait to experience some fantastic riding north of the border.

--G

Crap, Canadian FJR Rally, I thought it was the Confederate FJR Rally or Central FJR Rally and ignored it yesterday. Wankers.
I can tent it, or just get MM2 so drunk he won't realize he doesn't have parking patrol duty all night. Hmm, probably won't fly with the SO. Should I just not tell her and go alone?

Decisions, decisions.
The MadMan gets to come as a civilian this time Eric! (although I suspect some hanky panky as he and Bearly Flying are clearly sons of the same father)

We gots lots of new rooms - so come 2-up, or come solo, just come! (we'll even let you wear your Confederate uniform if that'll seal the deal)

There is also a nice campground owned by the town very nearby for those so inclined.

However my Sylvia's idea of roughing it these days no longer includes tents... :winksmiley:

Hmmm...interesting that Dave's post about the 100 rooms being sold out
Mikey: Had we found a facility with 100 rooms in this little burg we would have had no issue, but the Kuskanax is the biggest in town and it only has 50. Those rooms went after the first 70 people booked, despite a lot of folks room sharing. I have now blocked 27 more rooms at the Selkirk Inn (which would sell them out too if all of those are booked by CFR attendees). Once we hit the 100th registration WebMaster Jeff will be turning off the booking/PayPal feature of the website. After that point, you will only be able to add yourself to a numbered "waiting list" - hoping somebody else can't come!

The MadMan gets to come as a civilian this time Eric! (although I suspect some hanky panky as he and Bearly Flying are clearly sons of the same father)
We gots lots of new rooms - so come 2-up, or come solo, just come! (we'll even let you wear your Confederate uniform if that'll seal the deal)

There is also a nice campground owned by the town very nearby for those so inclined.

However my Sylvia's idea of roughing it these days no longer includes tents... :winksmiley:
Sir, Oregon was not part of the Confederate states. Never could understand the point in flying a flag of the losing side. :rolleyes:

I checked out the campground. Actually quite nice and only 7 blocks away. I need to discuss with the SO and see if she wants to go. I'm sure the alternate hotel will be fine too. If it's just me, I may tent it. Not sure if she can handle the rides or the ride up and back. Life is so much simpler solo, eh?

Sir, Oregon was not part of the Confederate states. Never could understand the point in flying a flag of the losing side. :rolleyes:

I checked out the campground. Actually quite nice and only 7 blocks away. I need to discuss with the SO and see if she wants to go. I'm sure the alternate hotel will be fine too. If it's just me, I may tent it. Not sure if she can handle the rides or the ride up and back. Life is so much simpler solo, eh?
I know where Oregon is! I thought maybe you were a political refugee!

Boy, a guy doesn't read a post for 2 days and almost misses out. We're in and looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Dave, thanks for all the work. We've got our room at the Selkirk, now if we could just get rid of the snow.

Ok, I'm in, with the SO at this point. She's never spent more than a couple of hours on the bike, so hopefully I can get her broken in by June. Tried all last summer to get her on the bike. She always wanted to take the dog with her, so either I went alone, or she drove the da#$ cage. Not doing that again.

Registered and paid. Hotel as soon as the info hits my Mac. Ya got us a discount, right? ;)

At [SIZE=14pt]54 FJR Riders[/SIZE], [SIZE=14pt]2 Non-FJR Riders [/SIZE]and [SIZE=14pt]14 Pillions [/SIZE]for [SIZE=36pt]70 Confirmed Registrations[/SIZE]

in the first 48hrs of Registration, we are overwelmed by the amazing response. :yahoo:

Thank you all for the amazing response! It reinforces that our efforts are worthwhile!
It's the LOCATION....can't wait to get back up there. :eek: :D
Yah..the location....and the people, eh!

[SIZE=14pt]I just got a roomie (he is yet to register).[/SIZE]

Sorry, Barb! :rolleyes:
I heard you and the Exskibum are getting the honeymoon suite. LOL

IIRC you two were pretty tight in Fortuna. The management was so impressed with the both of you they left flowers at your door. :p

I learned all this from Highlander :D

Ok, I'm in, with the SO at this point. She's never spent more than a couple of hours on the bike, so hopefully I can get her broken in by June. Tried all last summer to get her on the bike. She always wanted to take the dog with her, so either I went alone, or she drove the da#$ cage. Not doing that again.
Registered and paid. Hotel as soon as the info hits my Mac. Ya got us a discount, right? ;)
Fo Sho we got you a discount - We'll let you pay in those itty-bitty Canuck bucks - nothing compared to the mighty American greenback!

I'm in too. Staying at the Selkirk, the campground, whatever. Wooeeee, rode the Selkirk Loop last year, what a gorgeous part of the world! See you all in June!

Busted-Tees-Americas-Hat_CD6E624E.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.