CFR 2009 Registration is Open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in.

typical... I wait until there were no rooms left before I commit

[SIZE=8pt]"Not much of a house. Just right for not much of a donkey."[/SIZE]

eeyore_and_house.jpg

all these new things.. very weird things.., like kilometers, imperial gallons,
Now aren't you goin to be surprised......
:rofl: "Imperial gallons" :rofl: Don, read up on Liters. Oh heck, here: 1 US gallon = 3.78(541178) liters so expect just under a buck a liter.

Edit: Got a room at the Selkirk Inn w/o problems. FYI - All their rooms have A/C. Never know, I might still be acclimated to 55F in June the way this Winter is going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in too.
Didya buy a motorcycle Mikey? :D

Dave, as this fills up, I reckon you'll have to start bumping pillions, then non-FJR's, ....then those silver ones with no clutch levers......., [SIZE=8pt]then............Texans?[/SIZE]

:D
Careful "Old" Michael - remember that age discrimination is all the rage!

all these new things.. very weird things.., like kilometers, imperial gallons,
Now aren't you goin to be surprised......
:rofl: "Imperial gallons" :rofl: Don, read up on Liters. Oh heck, here: 1 US gallon = 3.78(541178) liters so expect just under a buck a liter.
Don I never did answer your question about kilometers (calling them "Klicks" instead will establish you as part of the cognoscente). 1 Mile = 1.619 klicks. So to avoid CBA fines, you must limit your daily rides to not more than 162 klicks. And if your US speedo is often registering 100 mph (162 klicks) you can expect to have a personal and intimate encounter with an RCMP LEO (not in a red serge suit - those are just ceremonial) known in Canada as a "Mountie". More insider jargon to help y'all avoid those trick border guard questions.

Imperial gallons are 4.454 litres (note Canadian spelling) so Canadian bikes always get 20% more "miles per gallon" than US bikes!

Current regular unleaded fuel prices in BC are around 80 to 85 cents per litre - much higher than in Alberta and Ontario (provincial tax grab). Who knows where prices will be by June - good thing our FJR's are so fuel efficient!

Please tell me we are NOT having back bacon for the group dinner like at the first CFR...that would really suck. Pasties on the menu?

CFR- where riders ride...and there's toques for everyone!

More insider jargon to help y'all avoid those trick border guard questions.
In all my border crossings I have never had an issue going in to Canada, it's always been coming back to the States (even with my passport). Mainly just attitude. Okay, there was that one time on the way to Penticton my friend's wife accidentally gave the border guy her Costco card (which he didn't find humorous at all) so we got the extra inspection that took a couple of hours.......

It's the US folks that have always been a problem. Watch out for CBP wearing fingerless gloves...that should be a red flag.

As for Canadian jargon, I've always liked the term "peeler bar"! ;)

Almost waited to long but it looks like you may have put up with me. A good friend started the little mexican resturant dowm the road in Roseberry so I can stop and say hi. Some of the best riding on the planet up there.

Please tell me we are NOT having back bacon for the group dinner like at the first CFR...that would really suck. Pasties on the menu?
Back bacon is very good and for my fellow Canadian who doesn't know what it is, I'd post a photo if I could figure out how to insert an actual photo vs just the link to a photo (I'm NOT asking for directions so don't dogpile me! I looked at the directions but they don't seem to work - for me <_< )

What the hell are pasties ?! :unsure:

well in america they are little round things that cover up a ladys round things,usually seen in the summer at the lake or river or a vegas show.i belive they are made out of wool or flanel for canadian girls....jk...lol

well in america they are little round things that cover up a ladys round things,usually seen in the summer at the lake or river or a vegas show.i belive they are made out of wool or flanel for canadian girls....jk...lol
ROTFLMAO !! Oh... THOSE pasties! I thought it was something you eat ?! :p

Wasn't there someone in Great Falls last summer that had the two confused... or conflicted, or sumpin? Of course, some of us were not in attendance, and rely on heresay.

Status
Not open for further replies.