Cosmopolitan Motors Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keone

Reaction score
Just Thought I pass it along... Cosmopolitan Motor will stop carrying Shad luggage. I jut called and ordered a Shad 48 with all the gak (back rest, brake light, mounting kit) the price with shipping was less than the listed topbox price alone. The dude said that its a great product line but too hard to get out of Spain. Once his current inventory is sold there will be no more... and he's getting rid of it a killer prices...

Keone

I purchased the Shad SH46 from Cosmopolitan last summer. Great product for the price, compares to the Givi lineup for way less $$. Easy to install by drilling four holes in the stock luggage rack and fits great. Holds lots of stuff and the wife likes it as a backrest. I have also used it on my Triumph Tiger. Got turned on to Shad by another E. TN FJR rider who has the SH 52?

Regards,

Richard

sh48_sil_large.jpg

Wow! That is one hot deal! I just ordered the case(SH48), brake light, backrest pad and mounting kit for a shipped price of $280 :yahoo: I talked with Mike, he says that if the FJR guys keep calling then they will replenish their inventory :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
do you notice it at higher speeds and is it an easy add-on to the 2006.

135+ and still can't tell it's back there.

(4) .25" holes thru the stock rack seems to hold it fine, at least I haven't lost the wife yet. :lol:

100_1870.jpg

Anyone try to use their spare lock for the Yamaha top case on these puppies??

I was wondering how this mounts on an 03, Guy said he doesn't think anything needs to be drilled...

Just received my SHAD46! Awesome! I believe from 03 to 05 there is an adapter that gets screwed onto the rear rack, this holds the mount for the box.

DSCN2105.jpg

Does hold 2 helmets, now I don't have to worry about using my tailbag for my laptop, I can just carry my laptop case now.

DSCN2104.jpg

I too just ordered the Shad 46 from Cosmo. He stated they are going fast. The sales person (Mike) said they were out of color top plates and brake lights but will be getting some soon. He will be calling purchasers of the trunks when the brake lights and top plates come in. He said mine should be in this week. I will give a full report on install. Still too cold for ride evaluation right now in cloudy Ohio. B)

I flicked an email to Cosmopolitan last week, enquiring about the Shad range.

I know they have received it, but as yet, no response. Has there been Public Holidays in that area? Am I being to impetuous? Are they normally slow to respond? Does anyone live near there?

I am keen to get one of these so my Organic Speed Limiter can feel more comfortable during a ride on the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your probably better off calling, ask for Mike, tell him your from the FJR list...

There number is 800 523 2522

Cheers guys,

Phone calls will have to wait until I fly back home from the mine (next week). For some reason BHP Billiton get touchy about unauthroised international calls being made from their phones.

If Mike has been away, or not in today, at least, then maybe I will get a response soon.

I'd ask my brother-in-law to take a drive down there (he lives in Basking Ridge NJ), but I think i might hold onto that favour for a bit longer.