Crush Washer Replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends,as I've seen on this board before,some have replaced the crush washers for the engine drain

and the differential plugs w/copper washers. I received a "Harbor Freight" catalog yesterday & found

a 110pc. assortment of copper washers in it for $3.99. I thought what the heck-I'll pick up a kit and

see if it has the right size for the plugs.I took one of the plugs w/me to check with.It looked good to

me.The 1/2" washer fits just fine ! You get 10 of that size. The rest are just iceing on the cake. I

may never use the others -but for 4 bucks ? F.Y.I. I have no connection w/ Harbor Freight.

Hope this helps the Farkle fund for you guys. Sliick2

The catalog item # is - 93324-1ASB :D

Since I usually by about 10 at a time it has been a while since I bought some but aren't they about $.50 each? Saving a dime each doesn't seem worth the time. Even saving $.60 each if they are a dollar each. Just my opinion.

Since I usually by about 10 at a time it has been a while since I bought some but aren't they about $.50 each? Saving a dime each doesn't seem worth the time. Even saving $.60 each if they are a dollar each. Just my opinion.
It sounds like you have a local source. I really had not been looking for them,I'm sure they will give

long service & will not have to get any more for a while.

No offense intended, but I don't think ANYTHING from harbor frieght is going to be on by bike, especially if it's needed to retain critical fluid...

Quick, someone sneak over to Slappy's place and put a HF sticker on his cycle where he can't find it.

Once you decide to replace your crush washers with copper washers you won't need to buy them again. There are three places where you can use them, so maybe you'll want four or five so you can have a spare or two in case you lose one while changing the oil. No need to stock up like you would with the crush washers.