Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't pass on this either, so if you're totalling potential orders, add one more. I'll have to pretend though and practice walking around at a constant speed with it in my hand. The '06 will be here...?

Any interest in a custom Givi box relocation plate as partial trade?
Sorry, but I'm already set up with the yammi top box.

Ever thought of giving Gen The GadgetGuy a run for his money on the Garmin 2610-2730 GPS housing? If so, I'd go as high as $200. I just can't stomach the $367 he wants, but then I have no reference for actual manufacturing costs, so... maybe he's justified and it's just not something that would ever be in my budget? dntknw.gif
I'm flattered you like what I have made, but I'm not interested in undercutting someone elses work. ;)

I'M IN! Any possibility of making a unit for the right side?
Though I would not recommend mounting on the right side for obvious reasons, I can make one for you. I have not drilled out the left side, so right now I cannot guarantee the clearance for the 2nd generation V-strom handguards. I will do a fit check and get back to you.

Here's how it looks in rattle can satin black.

IMG_0761.jpg

skyway,

Great job - looks really clean.

The one problem I still am concerned about, and why I didn't go this route and make a bracket like this is: How are you addressing the non-waterproofness of the control pad? Are you sealing it?

I had considered some transparent silicone sheeting to put over the face, effectively totally sealing the pad, but ultimately gave up and installed weather proof switches and boots in the left switch housing.

-BD

Your C.C. mount looks great!!!!

A few winters ago I put together my cruise control mount. Last summer I added my custom XM radio bracket (with help from CBXJohn), that cantalevers over the clutch cover, both use the left mirror bolt. (not the clutch cover screws for the XM). If I could see a picture of your mount from the back side, maybe I could use your better looking mount and still be able to use my XM bracket.

ZZZZZ

How are you addressing the non-waterproofness of the control pad? Are you sealing it?
I followed the instructions from frjinfo to seal the control pad using adhesive silicon. The design of my mount offers further protection beyond this as it is recessed in the front where an additional application of silicon can be added at the time of inserting the control in place along with the double backed tape provided. Also since the body is one solid piece, with only one exit hole coming out of the bottom for the wiring harness, it can be further sealed throughout at the time of mounting.

True dat! But what about the buttons themselves? Water can seep through the interfaces of the button/housing in the front?!?!

-BD

True dat! But what about the buttons themselves? Water can seep through the interfaces of the button/housing in the front?!?!
-BD
I took mine apart and sealed around the buttons from the inside where the silicon cover meets the plastic CC housing. I don't think any water will get in there now.

Please post more pictures front and back and side. I think I want one also.
Here is a screen shot from my workstation, it pretty much shows the assembly from 4 different views. You will notice that it is made up of 2 pieces, which will allow you to have some angular adjustment of the mount to your preference. This also shows the M10 mounting bolt in postion. The other hidden screw not shown, is an M6x1.0 ss socket head cap screw. The profile on the back side is purposefully designed this way to avoid the winter use of the 2nd generation V-Strom handguards.

All mounting hardware will be stainless steel screws, including the SOB to find M10x1.25 fine pitch metric socket cap head screw. In looking at the current aftermarket for mounting using this thread, a not so pretty readily available SS hex head bolt is commonly used in this position, yuck.

AudiovoxCCFJRMount.jpg

Skyway,

We have a local store with chrome buttons in larger metric sizes that may fit the cap head. I shall check and let you know. I know, chrome...but it can be justified in some applications... :D