Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your mount designed so that it will work on the other side, too?
Bounce, I will be offering a mirror image of the one you see on my bike, for the right side mirror hole. Until a source presents itself, it will also come with a ss M10x1.25 right hand threaded bolt. The earlier model FJR's I believe have a left hand thread, where later models are not yet drilled and tapped. So until I can find a source for the correct hardware, the mount for the right side will have the same bolt as the left.

Also looking at the photo of your setup, there is the possibility that it may work on that side with only a slight modification. Before you rule out the left side, I could send you the left side mount and you coud do a fit check. If the 2 units interfere, you could take a sharpie and mark my mount where clearance is required. Ship it back to me and I'll make it good for you. Or if you feel you can take some solid numbers and nail it first time, either way's ok with me.

Sound good?
sweet. we'll be working through this to a solution.

interesting observation. the Wings' OEM cruise control "control head" is on the right grip.

Skyway,

We may have a source for a polished chrome cap head bolt for the left hand side. Also checking on the appropriate chrome plug to fill the hole. It is a metal plug, so if one wishes they can dull with a little sandpaper and paint. He is checking with his supplier and I should know something by Friday.

Haven't asked about the bolt for the right. I know where we can get them but they are $$$$$ from that supplier.

Get back to you when I hear something.

:moil: