Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All mounting hardware will be stainless steel screws, including the SOB to find M10x1.25 fine pitch metric socket cap head screw.  In looking at the current aftermarket for mounting using this thread, a not so pretty readily available SS hex head bolt is commonly used in this position, yuck.
You couldn't happen to get these in a black finish could you? I could only find plain steel, not even stainless.

Last edited by a moderator:
All mounting hardware will be stainless steel screws, including the SOB to find M10x1.25 fine pitch metric socket cap head screw.  In looking at the current aftermarket for mounting using this thread, a not so pretty readily available SS hex head bolt is commonly used in this position, yuck.
You couldn't happen to get these in a black finish could you? I could only find plain steel, not even stainless.
I do not yet have the SS bolt in my hand, so I cannot say for sure what the color is. I do have some regular alloy steel variety though that are black. SS bolts are typically shiny metalic in finish.

Here is a picture of what I meant by the typical hext head bolt used in the mirror mount location and the usual color of ss hardware

00000071.jpg

00000089.jpg

Skyway,
We have a local store with chrome buttons in larger metric sizes that may fit the cap head. I shall check and let you know.  I know, chrome...but it can be justified in some applications... :D
Even if it's chrome/black/silver or whatever, this can be an advantage, as it will prevent the head from collecting water. I have already been thinking about including one as part of the kit.

Please post more pictures front and back and side. I think I want one also.
Here is a screen shot from my workstation, it pretty much shows the assembly from 4 different views. You will notice that it is made up of 2 pieces, which will allow you to have some angular adjustment of the mount to your preference. This also shows the M10 mounting bolt in postion. The other hidden screw not shown, is an M6x1.0 ss socket head cap screw. The profile on the back side is purposefully designed this way to avoid the winter use of the 2nd generation V-Strom handguards.

All mounting hardware will be stainless steel screws, including the SOB to find M10x1.25 fine pitch metric socket cap head screw. In looking at the current aftermarket for mounting using this thread, a not so pretty readily available SS hex head bolt is commonly used in this position, yuck.

AudiovoxCCFJRMount.jpg
Hey, I said, "Solid", not, "SolidWorks!"

-BD

Yo Sky, this thread's been awful quiet for a few days. Any new word on production of these beauties yet??

Here is the finished mount installed on the bike. I'm working out the final details of the cost and schedule of the mount and will be posting soon.

IMG_0783.jpg

Skyway, that is absolutely EXCEPTIONAL !!

I'd ask you to add me to the list for one, but you already have! :D

I'll be watching for your post on price.

Now all I need is my bike. :angry:

They don't have Autozone stores around here....Any chance of you helping me out with a package deal for the mount and the CC? I could Paypal you the money for the mount, the CC unit and the shipping.

I'll take 2(in black if you're doing color that is) and is there a model number of the cruise? I have an autozone closeby, that I'll check.

Looks great! Too bad it won't work with my set up!
IMG_1239.jpg
Damn Rouge, I thought I was looking at a display case at Circuit City there for a moment. :D

You may be a good candidate for the Murphs CC mount if you relocate the cell, or maybe the mount that I will also be offering for the right side mounting hole. The JM kit looks like it pretty much prevents anything else being mounted in that left side mounting position.

Looks great! Too bad it won't work with my set up!
IMG_1239.jpg
Damn Rouge, I thought I was looking at a display case at Circuit City there for a moment. :D

You may be a good candidate for the Murphs CC mount if you relocate the cell, or maybe the mount that I will also be offering for the right side mounting hole. The JM kit looks like it pretty much prevents anything else being mounted in that left side mounting position.
I just made a mount today that will put the CC control just to the right of the horn button. I just need to pick up some black paint (The sheet metal I had was painted white). The right side sounds like it would work but I like the idea of using my non-throttle hand for the CC.

Here is the finished mount installed on the bike. I'm working out the final details of the cost and schedule of the mount and will be posting soon.
IMG_0783.jpg
Since I already have my Clarion control mounted there

cb07.jpg

Is your mount designed so that it will work on the other side, too?

Is your mount designed so that it will work on the other side, too?
Bounce, I will be offering a mirror image of the one you see on my bike, for the right side mirror hole. Until a source presents itself, it will also come with a ss M10x1.25 right hand threaded bolt. The earlier model FJR's I believe have a left hand thread, where later models are not yet drilled and tapped. So until I can find a source for the correct hardware, the mount for the right side will have the same bolt as the left.

Also looking at the photo of your setup, there is the possibility that it may work on that side with only a slight modification. Before you rule out the left side, I could send you the left side mount and you coud do a fit check. If the 2 units interfere, you could take a sharpie and mark my mount where clearance is required. Ship it back to me and I'll make it good for you. Or if you feel you can take some solid numbers and nail it first time, either way's ok with me.

Sound good?