• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Meticulously machined from billet 6061 T6 aircraft quality aluminum. The mount mates perfectly to the control pad supplied with the Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control kit. The control pad is recessed in the front of the mount, entirely concealing the wiring harness to provide optimum weather protection when correctly sealed at time of install. The mount also routes the harness out of the bottom, again to provide weather protection and to follow the stock FJR wire harness.

The mount will be available with both left and right side mounting options . Mounting hardware will be stainless steel, including an M10x1.25 right hand thread socket head cap screw. This is the correct size bolt for the unused left mirror mount hole. Also the mounting bolt supplied is not the commonly used M10x1.25 hex head bolt due to the visible handlebar location.

Included in the 2pc. design of the mount is some rotational adjustment for rider ergonomics. This mount is also contoured in the rear to work in conjunction with the 2nd generation V-Strom 1000 hand guards being used by some on the FJR.

Note: The '06 FJRAE has no unused mirror mount hole on the left side, due to the up/down paddle shift assembly. So only the right hand mount will fit this model.

The right side mount will now only be offered in 1 design, this means there will be one right side mount to fit all model year FJR's.

Note: The mount will not be supplied painted or anodized. This will be the responsibility of the buyer. FYI The mount shown in the picture on my bike is painted with semi-gloss black.

Note: If you look closely at the cad image view of the bottom of the mount, you will notice that there is only a small hole out of the bottom. This allows only enough room for the existing wiring loom of the CC Control Pad to fit through. This is required to keep the mount as compact as possible. Riders who have already installed their Control Pad will have to remove the stock supplied connector at the end of this wiring harness in order to route the wires through the hole.

Left side mount - Price delivered to the lower 48 states $84.00 (Note: $86.00 via paypal).

Right side mount - Price delivered to the lower 48 states $100.00 (Note: $102.00 via paypal).

NOTE:For the right side CC mount, I would also like to know which bike you intend to mount this on, either 03-05, or '06.

If you would like one, please mail a check payable to Ian Laing to my shop's address.

In the envelope with the check, please give me your name, forum screen name, address, phone # and specify if you want a left side or right side mount.

Ian Laing

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Paypal address is ianl <at> pacbell <dot> net

Any further questions I will try to answer below. :)

125188197.jpg

125188196.jpg

125188195.jpg

RightSideFJRMount.jpg

Thanks.

Update:

Do you use a Techmount Stemstand in either unused mirror mount locations?

Thought about installing my Audiovox CC Mount but did not want to compromise an already farkled location?

Now you don't have to with my new Mirror Mount "Version 2.0"

The mounting position my Audiovox control pad remains unchanged and integrates the use of the Techmount Stemstand with no additional hardware.

IMGP0641x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to have a threaded hole on the top of the mount? I am thinking of installing a GPS on a Ram mount in that location.

Would it be possible to have a threaded hole on the top of the mount? I am thinking of installing a GPS on a Ram mount in that location.
What I suggest is to buy a longer M10x1.25 bolt and mount your ram mount on top of my unit.

Very sweet item, skyway! I'll definitely take one when they're ready. Just tell me when & where to send the $$$. Perfect project for cold weather...

I accept your offer. What is the mailing address to send the money?
Please mail a check payable to Ian Laing to my shop's address. I will not cash it until the unit ships, I promise. ;) All mounts will be shipped with UPS and a tracking # will also be sent to you, no PO Boxes.

In the envelope with the check, please give me your name, forum screen name, address, phone # and specify if you want a left side or right side mount.

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Skyway, my check is in the mail !!!

Honest !!! Really !!!!! It is !!

Thanks for doing this - KUDOS !!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(your PM box is full, btw)

What I suggest is to buy a longer M10x1.25 bolt and mount your ram mount on top of my unit.
I think this is a solution for your application.

motorcyclelarry.com/FJR1300

FJR1300MA.jpg

That's perfect.....now if only you can supply the Audiovox CC I will be in. Do you take PayPal? It is easier for me (and you) to pay you with PayPal rather than me sending you a cheque (with the exchange rate in the money etc). I can also call you direct if you are set up to take regular credit cards.

That's perfect.....now if only you can supply the Audiovox CC I will be in. Do you take PayPal? It is easier for me (and you) to pay you with PayPal rather than me sending you a cheque (with the exchange rate in the money etc). I can also call you direct if you are set up to take regular credit cards.
Hold off on any fund transfer Vulcan. My Autozone source has dried up for the moment. I will be checking in with them every few days. You are one of the 3 people who I am still trying to get a unit for.

Yo Skyway,

Will you take paypal for the bracket? I try to live checkless.... :D

Tim

Hold off on any fund transfer Vulcan. My Autozone source has dried up for the moment. I will be checking in with them every few days. You are one of the 3 people who I am still trying to get a unit for.
Good man.......

Yo Skyway,
Will you take paypal for the bracket? I try to live checkless.... :D

Tim
Yes, I can accept paypal. The reason I wanted to start off this way, was to make sure I would sell enough to justify the initial cost. I have no problem with paypal, so once the units are ready to ship, I'll post up my payment instructions.

Ok, the 6061 arrived today, so I may have a window to run the first batch this weekend. SS fastners are in transit, and should be arriving tommorow or Monday.

My photobucket account should be back to normal in the next few days. No picci's showing right now, bandwidth used up for the month.

+1

PM from me, too!

Thanks for the effort, looks to be a high-quality item.